One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-20 22:14:48

x_Raiema_x

My name was Rose... (story time)

My name was Rose Ada, and i was born in a town of only brown people. I had been playing all night and no towns beyond the brown town seemed to have access to rubber when suddenly a bell rang from the distance. Maybe the Gingers had finally built a bell? It was twenty seven km to the north east, and the voyage, though long, would be worth it if my genes could reach that town. I picked up a cart, and a bucket of rubber and started to run. Along the voyage, not long after beginning, I had my first daughter. I named her Travona (i was gonna name her traveler, but alas the name didn't exist). I told her of my plans and she agreed to follow me. my first daughter what luck! We kept pushing onward. I dressed her with my own clothing and looted more clothes for myself from corpses as we traveled. I had six children, all of whom slash died, or were afk. I pulled my daughter aside and made the rash descision that only females would be kept as we traveled. Suddenly I had a male, and IK what I said, but he seemed eager to adventure. I warned him that he would not survive this trip and we went off. My cart and my two brave children. In the excitement I forgot to name my son as we ventured. I lost sight of my dear children for only a brief second before I heard a scream. I ran to the source of the noise. My daughter, my only fertile daughter was gushing blood. I comforted her in her last moments before she passed on. Things looked grim. I quickly dressed my nameless son in the clothing of his sister and we continued onward. I was no longer able to produce children, this was bad. We made it to 24 km, as i quickly approached my own demise. Animals kill, yet time is the one thing that will always creep up on you. My son was determined to carry on my legacy, though our efforts bore no fruit. He shared his username with me, but i believe that i misspelled it, because I couldnt find him on the forums. I drew this picture in a hurry, before the details left my mind. I may forget what i was wearing but i will never forget my brave family. If anyone shared this life with me, i would love to hear from you. I miss my children.

lCo8E7b.jpg

I say eyyyyyyy constantly <3

#2 2020-02-20 22:18:06

Lava

Re: My name was Rose... (story time)

I love this, it’s incredible ty for the story ❤️❤️

#3 2020-02-20 22:29:08

Morti

Rose Ada: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=5940416
Lived to 57 years old
Last Words: "Eyyyy"

Nameless Son: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=5940445
Lived to 40 years old
Last Words: "Pic of a dabbing pumpkin"

Travona Ada: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=5940313
Live to 14 years old
Last Words: "Please make it"

#4 2020-02-20 22:43:25

Cantface

Beautiful storytelling and wonderful drawing btw! <3

Breasticles

#5 2020-02-20 22:55:19

Morti

Nameless Mother: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _page&id=1
Lived to 31 years old
Died, 21 months ago.
Last Words: "K"

There is no id=0.
She was the first human being, ever to exist.
Her 0 year old son's sperm was so strong, that every cell, wiggles through the ground to this day, some
(31 months ~ 943 days, ~22,632 hours, ~1357920 minutes, ...)
A MILLION YEARS LATER!
1,357,920 million years later.
And where his sperm find a cell on the world, worthy enough to be human, it wiggles in through the cell wall, and, instantly transforms it into an Eve.
That is, how all, lives begin.

Who knows how many sperm cells grew in that first male body, in the, 0 years, that he lived. At least, 5,943,061 of them.
Maybe millions, maybe billions... maybe sextillions more.
Why did the mother of the sperm-god-child, only live to be 31? What's the significance of that number?
We may never know.

The story remains untold.

#6 2020-02-20 23:10:53

Morti

qNczOGy.jpg

yw1qaSt.png

SsXbkYg.png

#7 2020-02-20 23:19:48

Morti

Morti wrote:

Died, 21 months ago.
(31 months ~ 943 days, ~22,632 hours, ~1357920 minutes, ...)

Oops! This is how unbelievable, unrealistic, myths and legends are born. Exaggeration, hyperbole, and, mistakes. (also plain lies)

21 months ~ 639 days ~ 15,336 hours ~ 920160 minutes ~ 920,160 One Hour Life Years

NEARLY A MILLION YEARS AGO!

almost as powerful.

#8 2020-02-20 23:27:01

Cantface

Haha...this makea me smile.

Breasticles

#9 2020-02-20 23:41:46

Morti

Cantface wrote:

Haha...this makes me smile.

Vy6JSqj.png

#10 2020-02-21 00:00:02

Cantface

(ง ื▿ ื)ว Hehe aww~ now I smile more!

Last edited by Cantface (2020-02-21 00:00:21)

Breasticles

#11 2020-02-21 01:43:38

Morti

Welcome to the board, x_Raiema_x

I'm glad you had the chance to experience a life, so good, it not only made you write about it, but draw a scene from it as well.
Thank you for sharing it with us.

I wrote of a life, many lives ago
Saved now, in one of the four User Stories at https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=3764
but the original is here https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=3762 with all the original responses.

It's been a long time, since that particular life, but I was in just the right state of mind, and had just the right experience, with someone, I presume was on the other side of the world. This is why I continue to play OHOL, time-and-time again.

You have to be open to moments like these, but also, you have to be in the game, to experience them. It also really helps that we're all in this together.

It's a lot harder to see this, in real life, because, we have so much time, comparatively. And there are so many other distractions... games, probably being the worst of them, up there with television and books. But the all help us, to navigate our own reactions and responses, to the hardships suffered, when our bonds to the things we love in life, dissolve before our eyes. Death comes with life. Pain, reminds us to protect ourselves, and to protect each other. And suffering helps us to remember, better states, of existence, and, encourages us to seek them out.

Emotions are odd things, for life, to have to deal with. They are, a big part, of what makes us so strong; the strongest species Earth has surely ever known - the strongest species, we know of, in all the Universe. Pairing our knowledge and emotions, we go to great lengths to provide for each other. We've nearly covered the world in farm lands, because we love each other so much. We rode bombs to the Moon, for love. We care, a lot, about each other. Sometimes, we forget, that everything of this Earth, that any human or human made machine, has ever been given the energy, the power, to make, was made, out of love. Sometimes more for some, and less for others, but always - always, there is love.

--

You went to great lengths, for your family, in this life.
While I feel inclined to say that I am sorry for the loss of your daughter, I am, in fact, glad, that you had the experience.
(Out of habit, I will say it anyway, and mean it. I am sorry for your loss.)

This is, a pretty unique game.

I've had a few, emotional moments, with other people, in other online games, but nothing like this.
Nothing quite speaks, to so many aspects of my nature, as this, bodged cluster, of life and game mechanics.

I wish I could have been your son, or, a second daughter to you, in this instance, and could have experienced it with you.
Which is why I appreciate your story, and, the memory, recreated by your own hands.

Thank you, so much, for sharing.

May we have a moment like this, together, some day, down the road.

#12 2020-02-21 05:10:23

x_Raiema_x

ty for all the kind words, I hope I can meet you as well someday. i've read your story many times, and it has been one of the most inspiring stories i've seen on this form.  The tragic truth of this game is that, it can be hard at times to form connections with one another, so when the opportunity presents, it must be savored, every second. every life is tragic in a sense that those that you do bond with are often lost to time. we see some of the best moments of humanity in this game as well as some of the worst. it truly is a miracle

I say eyyyyyyy constantly <3

Board footer