One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2020-02-13 23:51:24

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Re: An interesting change.

Also, the vast majority of kills being landed are solo kills (over 90%).

If it's true that only clueless players get hit by solo killers (12 seconds of warning, GASP, and murder mouth are not understood), then only clueless players comprise the 20% of the player base that gets murdered every single day.

Clueless players are.... new players.

That means that pretty much all new players end up being the victims of murder within their first few days of playing the game.

That cannot be a good thing.

#27 2020-02-14 00:51:51

Cantface

Maybe a message ping for new players when they get targeted "You are being targeted with a weapon, RUN AWAY!" Or something?

But honestly when I joined over a couple years back there was a lot of murder too lol first game I was insta killed so even with all the new warnings I don't think we can save everyone. Idk what to suggest other than that.

In fact most of my lives have been alright! smile

Breasticles

#28 2020-02-14 01:26:33

Gogo
Banned

It's not in tutorial so they don't know what's going on.

#29 2020-02-14 06:57:18

Punkypal

Y'all keep talking about how all these teams of griefers are forming possies to kill everyone,. but Jason's data shows almost all murders are still solo acts. Your fears and complaints just don't match the facts, and yet you persist. Interesting.

Daily Updated Map of Player Structures: https://bit.ly/2UrfOQ9
Link to Many Beginner Guides: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNp6g7 … xcw/videos
Composting Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmgyl9evfhw
Diesel Engine Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sMX_GlwgbA

#30 2020-02-14 08:16:59

Kinrany

Punkypal wrote:

Y'all keep talking about how all these teams of griefers are forming possies to kill everyone,. but Jason's data shows almost all murders are still solo acts. Your fears and complaints just don't match the facts, and yet you persist. Interesting.

Obviously the prediction is that the data will change after the update, and the solo kills will just become group kills.

#31 2020-02-14 14:28:30

Cantface

I've only been targeted by a posse once and killed (roleplay shenanigans I did nothing wrong lol) the rest were solo griefers trying to target me but I always moved. The problem was that newbies just stood there while one person was out to kill them.

This won't be able to happen anymore apparently which is good BUT now I'm worried about having to form an anti-griefer posse with people that still don't want to join up! I tried it before but only one guy knew how and wasn't old enough to say 'I join you' the rest were either pacifists, busy vets who couldn't be arsed with the situation or newbies that still didn't get the memo even after I explained. I took out two ppl over seperate lives that were FOR SURE trying to shoot the fertile women but now I'm scared that they're ALL going to team up in future because solo kills being nerfed means groups are the only way to go. That's probably super bad too.

Also I play on laptop with a trackpad so the murder mechanics are difficult to pull off anyway!

Last edited by Cantface (2020-02-14 14:32:21)

Breasticles

#32 2020-02-15 03:48:34

unoriginal artist

Punkypal wrote:

Have you been in a town where a group is trying to wipe out everyone? Its easier to deal with one killer which is why people who are more experienced are pissed that groups are going around killing towns cause its much harder to fight that. Also there are more people ingame than amount of group griefers, I know of one for sure group *bobo* bleck, the guy has almost 200 hours ingame but hasnt learned to farm carrots yet, he doesnt know crafting besides making a bow thats it. They would talk in a discord and go to towns to murder everyone for funzy. 3-6 people per, and if your just spawning into the chaos wtf you supposed to do as a baby and ur moms being murdered? Once that literally happened to me and after i somehow mananged to survive and got old enough to hold a bow i shot the woman who killed my mom but she got healed by a friend and then her and 3 other friends posse killed me. One griefer or maybe 2 is manageable but over that is to hard to deal with. Which is why we complain!

#33 2020-02-16 15:50:40

Flachzang

Since the update I have not yet witnessed one single kill. Might be lucky but I like the change obviously.

Board footer