One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-14 19:57:02

JasonY

An Idea people will either like or hate

A cyclical apocalypse, A restart is inevitable but can be delayed for a time but NOT forever. I think non-extremists can agree that big cities tend to overstay their welcome and aren't enjoyable long term. Yeah, we've all lived in a Zucc Town, Hub Town at LEAST once. Cool, You've built a successful town, Enjoy it for a while and move on. I'm bored and I don't give a fuck why Tom stabbed Bella because she stabbed Dave.

So the idea is to have a forced restart happen every few days at most. Perhaps flip the apocalypse on its head and turn it into the way of pushing back the restart. Nothing that can be repeated eventually, Eventually losing is what makes people care to begin with. I feel like 2 days is plenty of time to build a big city and enjoy the finished product, Probably even 1 day would work.

People can bitch about how "If nothing lasts, It's meaningless" well look how meaningful things get when it does last.

Last edited by JasonY (2020-02-14 19:58:08)

Need Content

#2 2020-02-14 20:44:24

Gogo
Banned

Re: An Idea people will either like or hate

How about apocalypse for some areas only, like natural disasters? Like volcano erruption.

Last edited by Gogo (2020-02-14 20:45:09)

#3 2020-02-15 01:24:19

Melea

Re: An Idea people will either like or hate

Localized natural disasters sounds interesting. Volcano eruption. Earthquake. Mudslide. Flooding. Things that could "wipe out" an area or decimate a town, but which could also expose or provide access to new resources. Obsidian from volcanic glass? New metals or iron from earthquakes?

I'd love it if the game were more dynamic. Even a very basic cyclical temperature change of winter-spring-summer-fall could make game play more interesting by encouraging people to wear different outfits to better manage cold winters (rabbit furs optimal?) and hot summers (topless + reed skirts optimal?).

And with a more dynamic world, there's the opportunity to make the plants and animals behave differently according to the seasons/weather. Livestock not breeding in winter, or crops not growing in winter - crops needing double water in summer...it'd help add more variety to different lives.

Board footer