One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-10 14:30:18

Jamie

Tutorial Town

Today I found out you could fly a plane to the tutorial  and build a town. I was a Gary and mostly did stew, clay gathering and exploring.

Town in the tutorial has some benefits but also downsides.

Pros:

Easy Resources like Iron and Clothes from tutorial boxes.

Can use the tutorial as a shelter or reperpose the Adobe.

It isnt Succ Town.

Cons:
Requires plane and oil to settle it.

You'll need to fly in other races eventually as its too far to walk. (Kind of a pro also since it's easier to block out griefers)

Not sure if they survived but It was a nice change from cities. Big cities are more or less stuck in a grief cycle. I think planes do have a valid use if they are controlled carefully. Like far off oil production and just getting away from cities in general.

Last edited by Jamie (2020-02-10 14:34:45)

#2 2020-02-10 15:20:14

Wuatduhf

Re: Tutorial Town

Jamie wrote:

Big cities are more or less stuck in a grief cycle. I think planes do have a valid use if they are controlled carefully. Like far off oil production and just getting away from cities in general.

Planes/Cars in theory:
- Full list of features where planes reduce transit times, efficient oil consumption, potential long-distance trading between well-developed villages once trading can be a thi-

Planes/Cars in practice:

29a.jpg

#3 2020-02-10 16:34:42

JonySky
Website

Jamie wrote:

Not sure if they survived but It was a nice change from cities. Big cities are more or less stuck in a grief cycle. I think planes do have a valid use if they are controlled carefully. Like far off oil production and just getting away from cities in general.

Yes, the tutorial city is still standing and with players
About 2 hours ago I was born there

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=5908413

But the city was beginning to have strong waves of pointless murders ...

I found the plane in the north (without fuel)
but the stupid mechanics of the hateful skill boxes didn't allow me to do anything to put it to fly

Last edited by JonySky (2020-02-10 16:37:44)

#4 2020-02-10 19:59:22

Jamie

JonySky wrote:
Jamie wrote:

Yes, the tutorial city is still standing and with players
About 2 hours ago I was born there

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=5908413

But the city was beginning to have strong waves of pointless murders ...

I found the plane in the north (without fuel)
but the stupid mechanics of the hateful skill boxes didn't allow me to do anything to put it to fly

Shame. Guess any town is relatively stable in the early days but generally start declining once the deep well dries.

#5 2020-02-10 20:07:42

OminousBladeBlank

When most people feel pivotal in the development of the community, there is little grief. WHen people begin to feel more separate from the town, they become blase and act selfishly out of boredom.

What is an ominous blade blank?

It's that blade blank next to the file and short staff you see in a naked toddler's basket.

Board footer