One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-10 03:31:03

Gogo
Banned

Griefers invaded Punkytown

First they contacted with us via radio, told us they killed people in Zucc and they're coming for us. xD

Two of them came on horses and get killed, lol. We outnumbered them, I think they got pissed, because they spawned in Zucc and invaded us once again. This time with three people (healer + two attackers), maybe four, all from one family. They were beaten in nice battle. smile

Does anyone know who is Bobo? It seems like their leader. big_smile

I think they would try to invade Punkytown, in Zucc you can always run to safe biome, beside it was war-zone anyway. Be prepared, make many pads + stick with family so you'll be invincible, like us. smile

Do you think griefers are pissed, lately? Like they can't trigger the apocalypse or new update or something, because they're attacking more fiercely.

PS. REMEMBER NEVER AIM FOR THE ONE WHO KILLED if you're in group, BUT HEALER! Keep him on distance.

Last edited by Gogo (2020-02-10 03:38:14)

#2 2020-02-10 03:41:18

schmloo

Re: Griefers invaded Punkytown

Nah we killed them off one by one when they first started to end zucctown. Individually they’re all pretty shit players who abuse posses, and just heal each other. Make sure you curse them and get everyone else to too.

Insert OHOL-related signature here

#3 2020-02-10 03:48:17

MrGold

On both sides their were lots of casualties... but who knows this might be the start of the first real ohol war

Im Mr.Gold I /hmph

#4 2020-02-10 04:05:59

Legs

It's a tantrum.

Never take sides at first and especially don't target healers if you don't know for sure. Griefers only benefit from pandemonium and confusion. With no healers and a little uncertainty one guy with a knife can kill half the town in the name of justice. I had the past-curse warning and I still second guessed it.

With a first aid kit you can save a minimum of 3 people. I saved 2, then the 3rd died because our fire went out in the melee and I couldn't perform surgery on an arrow wound. The medic vest makes you a target but if you're canny and the griefer is too obvious it doesn't matter. They end up trapped in hostile biomes to starve.

Zucc is especially vulnerable here though you're right, especially without all four families.

Loco Motion

#5 2020-02-10 05:27:05

JasonY

You mean this guy: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdp4UA … W0w/videos

I've talked to them and killed them several times, I have them cursed so I can easily hunt them and known followers. They basically just abuse mechanics like you said, Target the healers first curse them and kill on sight.

Don't be alarmed by their vids, It looks like they are killing whole towns but they aren't doing shit. "We killed Zucc-Town" Was born to it literally next life. Just let them soak up curses.

Last edited by JasonY (2020-02-10 05:39:40)

Need Content

#6 2020-02-10 06:24:16

Gogo
Banned

I'm waiting then for vid from Punkytown invasion haha.

#7 2020-02-10 06:36:54

Gogo
Banned

We can add bears on fresh stone floors and they won't turn ancient. Actually I was thinking it would be nice if we could add them on stone walls. big_smile

Last edited by Gogo (2020-02-10 06:37:25)

#8 2020-02-10 12:14:33

Punkypal

cordy wrote:

I think the lesson is... for future city planning....

Stone floors for everything. Farms, smithy, bakery. (They kept adze-ing the floors.)

No walls for bakery and smithy....they just block them the doorway (example the distiller/cars/planes in Zucc). And lock doors.

Also...everyone removes the doors anyway. LOL

They also kept de-plastering Zucc.

Indoor bonus is not much anyway. With doors always being removed. And rooms being too big.  Also kids below 3 years old, don't get indoor bonus.

Yea, I'm getting a little tired putting doors back always. Then again, if popping a few doors off keeps some griefer happy, then it's a good trade off. It's about the most meanless and least damage thing they can do. When I built Punkytown I gave every building many doorways so it's harder to block egress, and of course lots of stone walls. I think it might be harder for them to deplaster walls in Punkytown because its not so spread out. It's easy to see what others are doing. I like the north wall being adobe because you get to hang shelves and that's useful. As for floors, stone floors can be put in anytime for whomever feels like doing it.

I kept the smithy outdoor not because I was worried about it being clocked off, but just it seems that area always needs lots of space. Any inside smithy is hard to make big enough. If you do make it very big, someone is bound to try to make it other things in thee too, and then it defeats the purpose. No, somebody made a second smithy down in Punkytown in the building right below where I set up the smith area. I guess its useful. I think of it as a tool shop, where as the outdoor one is the multi purpose main smithy.

The long hall with the blue wall I was thinking would be a dedicated hospital. It still could become that I suppose. Useful to have near sheep to make pads and threaded needles, yet away from the forge/kitchen/nursery so people aren't always in there looting the supplies. Honestly, I'd like it if Jason gave a little more time to heal, but only a person wearing an apron can pick up clean pads in bowls. IDK,

It would be nice if there were enough people to always have a full time nurse, and they could just keep hospital locked. When they get old, they can find someone to take over and pass the key on. Then people cant easily mess everything up and wreck the place, and a nurse can just lock in someone they heal if they are a suspected griefer. If course, this can easily already be done with property gates.

Daily Updated Map of Player Structures: https://bit.ly/2UrfOQ9
Link to Many Beginner Guides: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNp6g7 … xcw/videos
Composting Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmgyl9evfhw
Diesel Engine Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sMX_GlwgbA

Board footer