One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-28 21:39:15

voy178

Your resident storyteller spirit

Really liking the new towns post-apocalypse! So many cool stories to be told and lived.

The past few days I've been telling Grimm-esque stories to children. If you happened to have heard any of them, know that I make them up one line at the time.

One of my better lives was with the black Boots family. I was Rigby Boots.
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=5859279

My life was spent in our humble little village making all kinds of food imaginable. My children were all sweethearts; Beyonce, Cardie B(oots), Kanye and, the runt of the litter, Snow. Kanye sang me a lovesong, how sweet. Snow learned how to play and the others went on their own ways. The end of my life was spent as a storyteller.

A few lives later I got the taste of heroism and quests. I was born into the white Boots family as Akiro Boots.
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=5861973

From birth there was conflict. My uncle (?) came up to the fire and said we needed rubber less we starved immediately. I said I'd go to find the brown people, and everyone cheered me on. Only four years old, I was given a BP with a sword and told where the closest town might be found. I found one of the Sister cities not far from home and they also lacked rubber. They pointed me further east where more Redheads lived along with some distant relatives of mine in the town of the Second Temple of Bob. No one knew where the brown people were until I stumbled upon an explorer from the Jungle towns. He was old but told me where to find the town, over a KM to the South East. I grabbed a horse with cart and went exploring. Happened upon the town of the First Temple of Bob eventually and "stole" some rubber after asking permission for our town. They agreed to give me four of them.

Joyously, I returned home only to find my own village had no fertile females. All my sisters had died. Only my mother and brother was alive. We emigrated east to the first village I had found. I presented to them my rubber and they dubbed me their hero. Some started to follow me and make me their lord. I united my dear family and upon my mother's death we buried her north of the town in a nice place and placed down a Rose at her grave. Filled with grief, I was soon comforted by Clara of the Redheads. She was thirty years younger than me, but I had a title so she found me sympathetic. I asked her to marry me for I liked her so. She agreed and we travelled east to the Second Temple of Bob where a non-conventional priestess of Bob agreed to wed us with a ceremony. Everyone gathered around and we had a lovely quick wedding as I was getting really old at this point. I made her my heir, and as such, we headed back to greet my brother one last time and then I died with joy in my heart.

My third life of note was not much later. I was Jeffery An.
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=5862308

I was born to a delirious mother in the wilderness far from civilisation. She had set up her own unsuccessful camp and she was getting old, yet had no surviving children to show for. She kept me trapped for the first few years until she grew a conscience and told me the direction to civilisation. I finally arrived at the Sister towns (Second Temple of Bob). The An's had taken over by then. I went to check on the western village, but all had died. I found my mother's grave and much to my surprise the grave of both me (Akiro) to my mother's left and my brother's grave to her right (see picture).

Et4OZJ4.png

All had died there for some reason. Only one person remained to bury all the dead in a massive graveyard. I returned to the first town and saw only bones. Someone had killed a good dozen or so members of my family. Only one remained, a white Boots. He was lost, I had a solution. The Jungle towns! I had to leave a few children behind that I told had to survive on their own and rebuild. The whitey and I went for the Jungle town, found a map on the way and after a long ride, found it. I spent the rest of my life there with my new family. Praising Bob for my survival and told stories for the younglings until I died.

Thanks for the lives. It's much more fun when we're not automatically part of the same road network.

Board footer