One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-24 01:15:55

Jamie

Does cursing matter?

The other day I saw an old guy getting cursed and killed for stealing babies. He got at least 10 curses if not more.

But this was the only time I've seen people unite to curse somebody. What would that actually mean for the old guy?

#2 2020-01-24 01:35:14

fug

Re: Does cursing matter?

Easiest way to think of how cursing works is that cursing someone is adding them to a block list for a month. They cannot be born around you (but you can be born around them) and for each person who curses (and is online) makes the block range longer.

Whenever all the players are online that cursed the guy in your situation each player has a 1k block radius around them at the old man cannot be spawned to.

The biggest issue in the system atm is because its one way you need to die before the griefer as to get any use out of it initially which at times feels silly.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#3 2020-01-24 06:45:18

Whatever

Jamie wrote:

The other day I saw an old guy getting cursed and killed for stealing babies. He got at least 10 curses if not more.

How do you even steal babies? they can just escape and run back to the fire.
poor old guy, i dont think he deserved this.

#4 2020-01-24 07:23:04

DestinyCall

Whatever wrote:
Jamie wrote:

I'm reminded of a life a while back when a woman "stole" one of my babies and claimed it as her own.   Initially, I just thought she was confused and explained that she had the wrong kid, but she kept insisting it was her baby and refused to give her back.  Her yelling was attracting a lot of attention from other villagers as they realized that she was trying to take someone else's kid and it was looking like things might get ugly.   With the amount of noise she was making, I think she wanted me to fight her for possession of my sky baby and there were enough people around, I bet I could have killed her right in the middle of the berry field without any worries.  But I am a pretty "free-range" parent.   As long as my children are fed and clothed, I don't really care if I'm the one doing the feeding/naming/clothing. 

So instead of dispensing mob justice, I congratulated her on producing such a beautiful baby girl and commented that she looked a lot like her mother.  She seemed pleased by the compliment and ran over to the berry field to care for "her" new baby.   I kept an eye on my kid to make sure the crazy lady wasn't going to run off and dump her on a bear cave or something while I went back to work.  Thank god for zoom mods.   Later on, the crazy woman came back and did the same thing with my next kid, yelling at me for trying "stealing" her child again.  But I could tell her heart wasn't really in it, so I just offered the new baby a straw hat as a baby shower gift and left her to it.   Everyone in the village was wise to her unique parenting strategy and she never tried to harm any of my kids or anyone else's to my knowledge, so nobody died or got cursed.   Just a harmless loon.

#5 2020-01-24 10:30:52

Jamie

Whatever wrote:
Jamie wrote:

Well not every baby will immediately jump off. And I think he was doing it for most for like 30 minutes.

Not sure if he actually meant any harm though. He'd take them away and feed them berries. Still kind of annoying when mums are already breastfeeding them.

Weather he deserves it or not isn't the main point here.

#6 2020-01-24 10:30:56

Whatever

lol destinycall, ok i guess thats one way to steal babies

Jamie wrote:

He'd take them away and feed them berries.

Maybe he was traumatized by his mother who nearly let him starve, so he wanted to make sure the other babies survive

Last edited by Whatever (2020-01-24 10:49:27)

#7 2020-01-24 19:03:59

karltown_veteran

fug wrote:

They cannot be born around you (but you can be born around them)

Nani

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#8 2020-01-24 19:05:48

fug

karltown_veteran wrote:
fug wrote:

Nani

You cannot have people born around you who you've cursed but unless they curse you back it's only a one way street. You block them but they don't block you.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#9 2020-01-24 19:38:08

karltown_veteran

fug wrote:
karltown_veteran wrote:
fug wrote:

Nani

You cannot have people born around you who you've cursed but unless they curse you back it's only a one way street. You block them but they don't block you.

But.. that means you can be born as their bb? So you still gotta be around them even if they can’t be born to you?

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#10 2020-01-24 20:26:51

AmberA

Whatever wrote:
Jamie wrote:

Many new players don't know that. There are several ways that people "kidnap" babies to cause trouble that I've seen:

* A man or elder picks up a baby that wasn't theirs and just hold them until the baby starves. They tend to do this just to be cruel and the baby doesn't know to jump.
* Anyone picks up the baby and runs them out of town, far into the wilderness so that they starve on the run back home. Again they tend to do this just to be cruel and the baby doesn't know to jump.
* Anyone picks up the baby and places it in front of a wild animal to be attacked and die. Again they tend to do this just to be cruel and the baby doesn't know to jump.
* Anyone picks up the baby and gives it a mean name such as "You are Ugly" or "You are N.g..r" etc. This isn't kidnapping, it's just being a jerk.
* Anyone picks up the baby and places it inside a property gate they own (or a room they have the key to) and lock the baby inside until it dies. Again they tend to do this just to be cruel and the baby doesn't know to jump.

Sadly this can be a new players first experience to "parenting" in OHOL. I've seen someone do #2 on that list then came back and lied about it, blamed me and I got stabbed. Some people really like drama and killing others in manipulative ways.

Last edited by AmberA (2020-01-24 20:28:27)

Board footer