One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-06 12:00:28

testo

Question about kill mode speed

Yesterday I got killed by someone running way faster than me (I ran as soon as she targeted me and she didn´t had any people with "I join you" on her). Was that a hack or bug? She also hit me way far away from where I was standing on (at least half a screen of distance with a knife. Can someone tell me what happened?

I also got killed by some person that got automatic posse effect (that is, several people activated their posse instantly without spelling I join you or whatever). I know because the exclamation signs went all instantly up like 3 or 4 at once as she targeted me. Was that a mod or something? It is kind of boring to see the killing system abused by griefers to be honest.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#2 2020-01-06 15:56:46

Villas

Re: Question about kill mode speed

Well, I’ve never seen or heard of that. People can target saying “I join you” “I will kill griefer name” or targeting you with a weapon without saying anything. What may have happened is that you were laagy.

#3 2020-01-06 16:10:43

testo

Villas wrote:

Well, I’ve never seen or heard of that. People can target saying “I join you” “I will kill griefer name” or targeting you with a weapon without saying anything. What may have happened is that you were laagy.

In the first case the person warned me before hand (She killed me because I didn´t want to give her my thread kek) so I was very far away and even under a lot of lag I shouldn´t have been hit (no joins anywhere).

In the second case the posse went up instantly from three or four players again, with no formal speech from other players.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#4 2020-01-06 16:27:51

Villas

testo wrote:
Villas wrote:

In the first case the person warned me before hand (She killed me because I didn´t want to give her my thread kek) so I was very far away and even under a lot of lag I shouldn´t have been hit (no joins anywhere).

In the second case the posse went up instantly from three or four players again, with no formal speech from other players.

Welp, that’s weird. I hope they are not cheating.

#5 2020-01-06 21:42:06

StrongForce

If this actually was a mod it would exploit the pose somehow. If this happens more often jason will fix the exploit for sure.

Were you zoomed out while running away? Zooming out can slow you down

Baby dance!!

#6 2020-01-06 22:01:17

Spoonwood

StrongForce wrote:

This I can confirm.  I've been zoomed out and gotten lag with lots of flooring and walls around, but not when zoomed in all the way.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#7 2020-01-06 22:45:01

testo

Yeah I was zoomed out on one of those times. The insta posse was activated without others speech though, so I think there is a hack there.

- Jack Ass

#8 2020-01-07 00:29:55

AmberA

StrongForce wrote:

If this actually was a mod it would exploit the pose somehow. If this happens more often jason will fix the exploit for sure.

I've also seen some weirdness with not seeing text (or it not displaying in the correct location) when zooming out.

#9 2020-01-07 00:45:03

fug

AmberA wrote:
StrongForce wrote:

I've also seen some weirdness with not seeing text (or it not displaying in the correct location) when zooming out.

Speech has a limit of like 10 tiles from someone before you can't see it. This was added so people can talk without someone max zoom watching them speak and yadda.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

Board footer