One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-05 10:18:45

Starblazer

Biomes force drops

One problem that I constantly come up against is the inability to hold things in biomes such as the jungle desert and tundra. The only time that it lets me keep stuff in my hand while in those areas is when I walk into them as an infant below 5 years old which then takes away this problem. Is there anything that I am doing wrong? I have tried walking into the biomes with full clothing on and still no luck. This is very frustrating especially if I need sulfur or latex. Whenever I ask people, they dont give good answers and all of the videos dont have this problem. Me and my friends constantly run into this and if we dont have the biomes next to us when we spawn, we are unable to use those for the hour that we are in the world. I understand that the sudden change in temperature is causing the problem, but I dont understand how to keep our temperature stable while traveling to the biomes. I also don't understand how the videos that I watch are able to go into the biomes without any problem, not wearing any clothing or going into the area beforehand.

#2 2020-01-05 11:47:42

Spoonwood

Re: Biomes force drops

The videos you've seen problem run under an older version of the game.

Basically since mid-November, when a server has 15 or more people playing on it, races are restricted in terms of what biomes they can enter. 

There's been widespread opposition to the race restrictions voiced on the forums and discord, and there's some detailed analysis by various people as to whether or not such has achieved it's stated objectives here: https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=8757

That all said, you've basically found a feature, not a bug.  Though, that you say so probably tell us something about how such has affected new players.. something people on the discord and forums generally lack some to much perspective on, and race restrictions don't look good in that respect.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#3 2020-01-05 13:25:52

Starblazer

Re: Biomes force drops

As a new player (having played less than 10 hours or so), I have been trying to figure out things on my own. I am discovering how to build the Newcomen stuff but had always run into this "feature" which prevented me from doing so. The main problem with this for me is that I will now either have to create new wells everytime our deep ones run out, or go on a fruitless journey looking for other people who might or might not be the skin color that you want. Also, if I ever wanted to, the Newcomen machines, hammers, pumps, rollers etc. Are now inaccessible to me. It is already difficult to learn how to create these machines and why we need them. This "feature" is making it even harder to learn how to advance into the later stages of the game. It took me like 4 lives just to figure out how to make a Newcomen pump, constantly going through the wiki and not being able to get coagulated latex because it wouldn't let me cut the rubber tree. Once I finally was able to get coagulated latex, I then realized I couldn't get the sulfur because it was in a desert, which was inaccessible. Other than a video, which took me 2 hours to find, this is the only time that this has been explained. If this stays, it needs to be made more apparent on what this is and what we need to do in order to go around it. Apparently this is supposed to encourage trading and interaction with other families, but I have never seen more than 1 family in a city. All this has done is stunt the development in all my cities making it where people don't know what to do in order to advance.

Board footer