One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-31 13:14:52

Gogo
Banned

Can we have something for religious purpouse only?

Like, idk, altar? Church?

One time I lived in black family, there were other blacks beside us in village. So I start discussion with my family if we can get rid of them, some guy was eager to stabb, and sooner or later someone will start war between us, so why can't we do it now? There were only like 1-2 females from them.

But I've got a lovely daughter who often tells me she loves me, she was cute. I feel bad about war because of her. When the war between families has started, she start to... roleplay as a preacher, she prayed for peace at the 'altar' (I mean three stone walls that looked like altar). yikes To be honest it was nice experience, I stopped killing because of that. big_smile

So why not, maybe in some future update? Huh? wink

---
BTW yes I consider people will start sacrificing others too…

Last edited by Gogo (2019-12-31 13:16:13)

#2 2019-12-31 13:51:46

JasonY

Re: Can we have something for religious purpouse only?

Religion is just RP, Even in real life.

Need Content

#3 2019-12-31 15:57:03

DestinyCall

What's wrong with a little roleplay?     Family is RP.   Village building is RP.   Even long-distance road-building is RP.

Roleplay is fun.   It gives you purpose.   It makes life more interesting.    This game could benefit from more RP.

#4 2019-12-31 20:27:32

Punkypal

I have an idea.

Build a church with stone walls. On one wall make a 1x1 walled off space and trap a pit-bull in there. Eventually it will become a mean pit-bull. Everyone worship the mean pit-bull. They have no usefulness in game and are basically just delayed murder tools. Put a feast table in the church. Guilt people into making donations! Maintain a little graveyard for the faithful. Each life return to the church (if you can) and give a sermon to the people.

Someone else could do the same and make the church of the bear. Each church could have crusades or Jihads against each other. Instead of griefing regular players, the griefers could just pick a church and every life can be in that church (because it's completely voluntary). They could grief each other and all in the name of making their church stronger and thus "winning". Griefers I'd think would have more fun because they have more challenge against a target that is actively fighting back and their actions have more purpose. They could grief without having to suppress feeling of guilt. IDK, maybe most griefers like a target that doesn't know they are in a fight because they don't like to be challenged.

I think if we are going to have so many griefers, they might as well organize and fight each other more. It's good for everyone because the more they hit people that don't want to be picked on, the more likely Jason will restrict what they can do. If griefers fight griefers they keep all their griefing tools and freedom of actions, and regular builders can do their thing in peace more often. Seem like a win-win.

Last edited by Punkypal (2019-12-31 20:31:05)

Daily Updated Map of Player Structures: https://bit.ly/2UrfOQ9
Link to Many Beginner Guides: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNp6g7 … xcw/videos
Composting Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmgyl9evfhw
Diesel Engine Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sMX_GlwgbA

#5 2019-12-31 20:40:20

AmberA

I like this idea! I've been born into families that make their own religion and altar. Though for some reason in this game they are all called cults rather than religions. I've been a follower of the mystical cow (cow that was walled in), the magical horse (horse with crown), the anti-Jason worshipers (their goal was to a build a wall to keep Jason out), and I was once a Flame Priestess (we were a group of women and girls we had an altar with an always burning flame in the middle).

Even if we are completely peaceful, someone is always anti-whatever we are doing. The Flame Priestess life we were peaceful and a bit outside of town but some kids came and destroyed our altar then hunted us down.

I like this idea tho, maybe I'll try that tonight, making a church and preaching peace sounds like it would be fun role play.

#6 2019-12-31 20:48:03

Punkypal

AmberA wrote:

I like this idea tho, maybe I'll try that tonight, making a church and preaching peace sounds like it would be fun role play.

Don't preach peace! Preach war! Dare another church to arise to oppose you! Decry all other warlike types as cowards who don't join a church of war! Griefers running solo are amateur noobs! One shall wear red, and the other shall wear blue! Top hat's vs bowlers maybe! You know there has to be a dress code.

Link to Many Beginner Guides: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNp6g7 … xcw/videos

#7 2019-12-31 21:05:32

DestinyCall

Punkypal wrote:

I have an idea.

Build a church with stone walls. On one wall make a 1x1 walled off space and trap a pit-bull in there. Eventually it will become a mean pit-bull. Everyone worship the mean pit-bull. They have no usefulness in game and are basically just delayed murder tools. Put a feast table in the church. Guilt people into making donations! Maintain a little graveyard for the faithful. Each life return to the church (if you can) and give a sermon to the people.

Someone else could do the same and make the church of the bear. Each church could have crusades or Jihads against each other. Instead of griefing regular players, the griefers could just pick a church and every life can be in that church (because it's completely voluntary). They could grief each other and all in the name of making their church stronger and thus "winning". Griefers I'd think would have more fun because they have more challenge against a target that is actively fighting back and their actions have more purpose. They could grief without having to suppress feeling of guilt. IDK, maybe most griefers like a target that doesn't know they are in a fight because they don't like to be challenged.

I think if we are going to have so many griefers, they might as well organize and fight each other more. It's good for everyone because the more they hit people that don't want to be picked on, the more likely Jason will restrict what they can do. If griefers fight griefers they keep all their griefing tools and freedom of actions, and regular builders can do their thing in peace more often. Seem like a win-win.

Don't be silly.   Griefers don't feel guilt.  Nor do they enjoy real challenge.   If they did, they wouldn't be griefers.

If griefers made a griefer church, the fun would come from luring in unsuspecting players to be killed by ambush or tricking stupid people into killing each other for a dumb religion, NOT from fighting dangerous animals or other well-armed griefers themselves.   

Come on ... at least try to think like a griefer if you are coming up with griefer-positive ideas.    It is not that hard.   Just think about how you want people to use your church idea.   Now think about how to ruin it in the quickest and laziest way possible.  That is what the griefers will actually do with any new tools you give to them.

Last edited by DestinyCall (2019-12-31 21:08:41)

#8 2019-12-31 21:25:53

Punkypal

I've read many a griefer confessional that they admit they have to suppress their feeling bad about ruining others play, and I'm sure a few actually wish they had a little more challenge, even if that's a minority.

If two churches could arise with dedicated veteran players leading them who laid out a clear set of commandments and goals for their followers I could see this working. Any "church" that just attempted to lure in and kill people who didn't want to be part of this church would be short lived. Such organizations pop up all the time, and they get smashed just as quickly. You can't gain members if you become the enemy off all non-members.

Sure, amateur anti-social, occasional griefers will still exist, but they could become a target for the churches too. Either to recruit or to eliminate as heretics!

In the end, I believe most griefers do what they do because they are bored and feel like they have nothing to do. Giving them something to do could only help direct their negative actions away from the "innocent". Again, I believe any griefer church that actively goes after regular players would be doomed because they'd instantly find themselves vastly outnumbered and destroyed.

I'm suggesting a very specific thing. Two (or more) churches that were dedicated to fighting and griefing only each other. Any amount of time griefers can be convinced to just fight each other would reduce the amount of time they bother non-griefers.

#9 2019-12-31 22:57:03

DestinyCall

Punkypal wrote:

I'm suggesting a very specific thing. Two (or more) churches that were dedicated to fighting and griefing only each other. Any amount of time griefers can be convinced to just fight each other would reduce the amount of time they bother non-griefers.

Sounds nice, in theory, but I can't see it working like that in-game.   If you actually manage to successfully organize multiple death cults, there is no way it would result in LESS trouble for the village than random griefer attacks already cause. 

It is very optimistic to imagine that a cult dedicated to war or destruction would restrict itself to only attacking griefers or other death cults.   Just because you founded the church to give griefers a "safe" outlet for violence would not stop them from changing the rules to suit their preferences.    Once the framework was in place, such a religion would only fuel more griefing and increase the power of griefers by providing easy allies in any town that allowed the cults to exist.

A griefer with his own posse could murder the whole town ... then move on to the next town to cleanse it in the name of Nosaj.

Last edited by DestinyCall (2019-12-31 22:57:46)

#10 2020-01-01 03:22:15

The_Anabaptist

We already have a Nosaj.  That's as close to a baby sacrificing altar as we're likely to get.

The_Anabaptist

#11 2020-01-01 04:04:15

Carrot-Seedling

I want more RP items. Maybe not religious ones though, they have too much trigger potential.
I want more cute things like bonsai. Let's have a garden table, with lots of different plants from all the biomes. It can be the Temple Of Peace garden table for all I care. Let's have more stew items and resurrect the Stew Cult. They wanted more stuff like this.

+1

You have now laid eyes upon the one and only Raidan Allcock on the leaderboards. tongue

#12 2020-01-01 18:23:43

Gogo
Banned

AmberA wrote:

I've been born into families that make their own religion and altar. Though for some reason in this game they are all called cults rather than religions. I've been a follower of the mystical cow (cow that was walled in), the magical horse (horse with crown), the anti-Jason worshipers (their goal was to a build a wall to keep Jason out), and I was once a Flame Priestess (we were a group of women and girls we had an altar with an always burning flame in the middle).

Cool. One time I was born in a place with separated area for priests, where was a bonsai (holy tree tongue), priest wore special clothes (I think dressed all white), they had written down code and priest always had a mission to look for young successor to be raised according to the code.

Idea to make religion wars is good, but we lack of churches to begin with!

Carrot-Seedling wrote:

I want more RP items. Maybe not religious ones though, they have too much trigger potential.
I want more cute things like bonsai. Let's have a garden table, with lots of different plants from all the biomes. It can be the Temple Of Peace garden table for all I care. Let's have more stew items and resurrect the Stew Cult. They wanted more stuff like this.

Same. More stuff to do when everything is settled and peacefully.

Last edited by Gogo (2020-01-01 18:27:35)

#13 2020-01-01 23:38:53

Punkypal

DestinyCall wrote:

It is very optimistic to imagine that a cult dedicated to war or destruction would restrict itself to only attacking griefers or other death cults.   Just because you founded the church to give griefers a "safe" outlet for violence would not stop them from changing the rules to suit their preferences.   .

Sadly, I agree you are most likely right. A boy can dream though.

I will relate a story of something like this happening one time that I observed however:

It was a couple days after Jason introduced the hierarchy update. I was in the main and largest Bell Town, which had about 25 people there, when I followed a player. The group he was in (let's call them the yellow badges) had a leader that was plotting a mass murder of all the members of the other group in town (Let's call them the green badges). The yellow badge leader was ordering all his followers to gather all the weapons and get ready for the killing. I quit the yellow badge group and joined the green badges to warn them. They already knew because they could already see the orders the yellow leader was saying out loud. They also were grabbing weapons, and making what they could. I quit both groups.

About one minute later the war started. I don't know who drew first blood, but in the end only one group was left in town. I'm sure many of the losing side ran away, but both sides had losses. I estimate about 10-12 players got killed in the riot! The whole time I just stood around near the berry patch and watched. I had no badge and nobody tried to kill me. I don't think anyone who was neutral got killed. It was kind of neat to watch this all go down, and I felt like nobody got killed that didn't ask for it, because anyone could have left either group like I did if they wanted to. It was a completely RP war, and was actually good for the town because it was getting way too many people there to keep up with the food demands.

As I imagined my little warring church world, I remembered this fond moment of mass murder and wished it could be replicated in the same way. Sadly what I saw was likely a one time fluke. Rarely happening like that if ever before, and unlikely to happen again. Too bad.

Last edited by Punkypal (2020-01-01 23:40:21)

Board footer