One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-29 08:53:50

Star

Big Cities

It sucks how there’s really never any huge cities with organised roads and buildings and all fenced in,

I’ve only come across them once or twice but it actually brings order and calmness.
Imagine a city with all the main buildings and things in the centre and a road leading out with properties.

I understand this is a huge “develop stuff and stuff doesn’t last forever” game, but they would be nice “pitstops” between lives.

I’d love to also see some order with leadership, like a monarchy type but not just queens.

Bob <3

#2 2019-12-29 09:16:54

fug

Re: Big Cities

Buildings take up space and nothing is needed to be done within the interior therefore buildings are just an aesthetic thing. That of course isn't even bringing up the issue with twats locking them, stealing the springs, or anything else.

Walls make access to a village ass and make you prone to door griefing which at the moment is easy enough with way stones. Plus you need other lineages so putting a giant ass fence around your town is a deterrent for the people you need to slide on in to make the place functional.

As is both can stay underutilized as far as I'm concerned as neither adds anything useful and in fact both are negative to a towns overall health.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#3 2019-12-29 11:27:51

Spoonwood

No need for me to imagine.  If you can tolerate the lag and some blurriness, you can see such a city at the beginning of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsAJT8H5Lbg

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#4 2019-12-29 12:58:34

JasonY

It only really happens post-endgame where bored people will make random shit. I'm so tired of spoonwood talking about his loner haven, I'm tempted to find and grief him on his private server.

Need Content

#5 2019-12-29 15:59:42

ollj

the great and powerful developer alienated its players with sardistic rift-constrains, no huge cities with 50-100 global population exist, and people abandon cities too rapidly with such low birth rates.

and barely any significant roads are ever completed.

Board footer