One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-25 00:26:41

FulmenTheFinn

Bug: Leaderboard name disappeared

I still have my gene score, but my name has disappeared. It should be "Delfina Buntrock".

wkftAtG.png

tcTudx2.png

Should be 34th place currently on the leaderboard, but the name has been erased from the leaderboard entirely.

WbpzuIp.png

Separate link to leaderboard: http://onehouronelife.com/fitnessServer … eaderboard

I still have 17 tool slots in-game, so it's just the name that's disappeared altogether. Very strange.

Eve Whiskey, i.e. "Whisler".

Add zoom and hotkeys to the base game (see Hetuw mod) to improve the popularity of the game.

#2 2019-12-25 00:54:09

Keyin

Re: Bug: Leaderboard name disappeared

High score list isn't a bug. According to my math your last life was 28 hours ago, so you were taken off the high score list. You need to live another life before being added back on.

#3 2019-12-25 01:05:29

Toxolotl

Yup, i was confused by the same thing a while back. Play one game on a server with 15 plus and it should pop back up.

#4 2019-12-25 01:22:18

FulmenTheFinn

Ohh, didn't know that. A bit strange it works that way. Anyway, thanks.

Add zoom and hotkeys to the base game (see Hetuw mod) to improve the popularity of the game.

#5 2019-12-25 02:10:50

Grim_Arbiter

Heh..

Buntrock

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#6 2019-12-25 08:27:29

testo

I don´t get it, you get 0.75 points for living up to 60 and I get 0.07 for the same (I am way way  behind with like 50 total points). Also your kids give you way more points compared to mine, I even have a guy that made me loss points fot living to 49.8

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#7 2019-12-25 09:15:10

fug

testo wrote:

I don´t get it, you get 0.75 points for living up to 60 and I get 0.07 for the same (I am way way  behind with like 50 total points). Also your kids give you way more points compared to mine, I even have a guy that made me loss points fot living to 49.8

You likely have high age expectancy which basically kills your point gain. If your average age is 60 in 10 lives you gain no points what so ever iirc which is why people were abusing the tutorial to keep gains high and thus allowed them to sail to the top of the leaderboards.

Always remember to abuse early and often.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#8 2019-12-25 11:14:28

FulmenTheFinn

fug wrote:
testo wrote:

You likely have high age expectancy which basically kills your point gain. If your average age is 60 in 10 lives you gain no points what so ever iirc which is why people were abusing the tutorial to keep gains high and thus allowed them to sail to the top of the leaderboards.

Interesting. Sometimes I do SID a fair bit, though for different reasons. Must be keeping the average age expectancy down, even though in the lives I choose to play I practically always live to 60. Doesn't sound like it should work that way. Anyway, probably shouldn't be saying this out loud; inb4 Jason does yet another needless, idiotic stat wipe. That'd be uninstall time for me.

#9 2019-12-25 19:10:30

testo

fug wrote:
testo wrote:

This is pretty ridiculous, I don´t care about leaderboards, but he tied it up with tools which is the way of saying "I´m gonna make you like this think even if you don´t". Also there is a huge disparity in points from relatives, how can I lose points because someone lived to 49.8?

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#10 2019-12-25 20:18:59

fug

testo wrote:
fug wrote:
testo wrote:

This is pretty ridiculous, I don´t care about leaderboards, but he tied it up with tools which is the way of saying "I´m gonna make you like this think even if you don´t". Also there is a huge disparity in points from relatives, how can I lose points because someone lived to 49.8?

Why do you think people abuse the system? No way would I ever want to play this game with low slots because it makes the game feel assey. Damned be the meme part of it LOL.

But yeah, if other people have high life expectancy such as the person who died at basically 50 then you'll lose score anytime they aren't reaching their average. Basically, if you get a noncheater baby who dies without using /die you can potentially drop quite a healthy chunk of points.

People who specifically knocked down their own life expectancy also had an effect on anyone who were lucky enough to raise them since the game pretty much thought they were braindead and granted both them AND anyone they could grant score huge leaps each life (older siblings, moms, grandmas, uncles etc.) I'd say wipe the boards again but:

A). The game plays like ass and requires a bunch of time grinding....
B). There's already another exploit lined up.

As long as tool slots are tied to meme score other people or myself will find a way to cheat the system. Meme score has been pretty much broken ever since he let it scale infinitely but at least we can have a decent amount of tool slots.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#11 2019-12-25 20:46:28

testo

fug wrote:
testo wrote:
fug wrote:

Why do you think people abuse the system? No way would I ever want to play this game with low slots because it makes the game feel assey. Damned be the meme part of it LOL.

But yeah, if other people have high life expectancy such as the person who died at basically 50 then you'll lose score anytime they aren't reaching their average. Basically, if you get a noncheater baby who dies without using /die you can potentially drop quite a healthy chunk of points.

People who specifically knocked down their own life expectancy also had an effect on anyone who were lucky enough to raise them since the game pretty much thought they were braindead and granted both them AND anyone they could grant score huge leaps each life (older siblings, moms, grandmas, uncles etc.) I'd say wipe the boards again but:

A). The game plays like ass and requires a bunch of time grinding....
B). There's already another exploit lined up.

As long as tool slots are tied to meme score other people or myself will find a way to cheat the system. Meme score has been pretty much broken ever since he let it scale infinitely but at least we can have a decent amount of tool slots.

See this is way this game shoots itself in the foot so often: either you are a hardcore to the code game expert or you just fall behind in every possible aspect every time a new "idea" comes out. Not only does new people have to learn all the game mechanics and crafting, they have to keep it up with everything new that comes up and all the curve balls the game itself starts throwing at you.

You can´t just learn how to play this week and come back in three weeks. If your dare to: bang! surprise asshole:

That well you are making...? its a dry spring!
That bucket you are holding to the jungle...? you are not allowed to harvest latex anymore if you are not tan!
That rabbit you want to cook on coals...? you have no more tool slots!
That snare? lol you can´t catch rabbits with just a snare noob!

And so on...

- Jack Ass

#12 2019-12-25 22:16:15

DestinyCall

testo wrote:

See this is way this game shoots itself in the foot so often: either you are a hardcore to the code game expert or you just fall behind in every possible aspect every time a new "idea" comes out. Not only does new people have to learn all the game mechanics and crafting, they have to keep it up with everything new that comes up and all the curve balls the game itself starts throwing at you.

You can´t just learn how to play this week and come back in three weeks. If your dare to: bang! surprise asshole:

That bucket you are holding to the jungle...? you are not allowed to harvest latex anymore if you are not tan!

And so on...

I was just thinking the other day about writing up a tutorial for new players.

Then I thought about what I would put into that tutorial ... and how quickly it would become useless or worse than useless after the next update or the next one or the one after that.   It completely killed my desire to explain the game.   Not to mention that I just refuse to explain how to optimize broke systems like tool slots and racial specialization.   I hate how they work currently and I seriously hope they are changed, so I have even less interest in recording the current meta in a tutorial that I hope becomes obsolete as soon as possible.

#13 2019-12-26 07:24:14

testo

DestinyCall wrote:
testo wrote:

And so on...

I was just thinking the other day about writing up a tutorial for new players.

Then I thought about what I would put into that tutorial ... and how quickly it would become useless or worse than useless after the next update or the next one or the one after that.   It completely killed my desire to explain the game.   Not to mention that I just refuse to explain how to optimize broke systems like tool slots and racial specialization.   I hate how they work currently and I seriously hope they are changed, so I have even less interest in recording the current meta in a tutorial that I hope becomes obsolete as soon as possible.

A good tutorial doesn´t need to be too complete, but at least it should include the new important rules and some basic farming.

- Jack Ass

Board footer