One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-23 23:40:24

Dantox

What do you guys think should be next focus for the game?

The year is now ending and assuming that jason will keep developing OHOL until the end of the next year theres is a lot of opportunity to expand regarding content since a lot of bug fixing has been done in the last few months (lets not talk about all those months wasted on the rift and sword, its pure PTSD)

What would you like to see?

Personally, i would prefer to see some upgrades to stations to make chores more easier or less time-consuming for end-game towns to give more space to expansion and building. Also more steel-based structures and oil-based buildings for progression.

Also trains. Come on guys, we have the technology (we really dont but i guess it could be done within a year time so)

make bread, no war

#2 2019-12-24 01:09:25

TheRubyCart

Re: What do you guys think should be next focus for the game?

Add the things in the trailer sad smile

You are amazing, you are loved, and have a good day to whoever might read this <3

#3 2019-12-24 02:34:47

JasonY

Focus on the tech tree.

Need Content

#4 2019-12-24 02:50:13

Toxolotl

Fixing the issues with biome restrictions and tool slots.

Then tech tree advancements.

#5 2019-12-24 03:19:10

DestinyCall

I'd like to see more quality of life improvements, like better storage options and new ways to make rope/thread, new resources,  different animal types, more tool upgrades, etc.

#6 2019-12-24 03:23:33

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

I'd really like some improvements for the tutorial to make the player retention rate improve. So many people buy this game and give up. It's really sad, and really really bad.
Maybe some focus for improving their experience, like adding onetech link to the actual game.

Tech is the obvious answer tho. We need a new game changer.

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#7 2019-12-24 05:19:00

jcwilk

I want some reason to have distant outposts... Like the further you are from 0, 0 the more inhospitable it becomes but there are certain biomes/items that only spawn way tf out there

#8 2019-12-24 07:18:10

YannaChan
Banned

marriage and mixed babies because of marriage

#9 2019-12-24 07:25:48

JonySky
Website

Improve the game engine to:
Add Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter
Add shared transport
Dynamic events (new trees grow, new wells appear, areas that become desertic, mass animal migrations, forest fires)
Rivers and seas
Diseases and medications
Balancing the technological tree (if we have airplanes we should not have an adobe forge)
Remove the limited skill boxes

Last edited by JonySky (2019-12-24 09:50:49)

#10 2019-12-24 07:47:26

Spoonwood

Jony has good ideas.  Also, not likely to happen ideas.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#11 2019-12-24 07:55:40

DestinyCall

Spoonwood wrote:

Not likely to happen ideas are my favorite kind of ideas.

#12 2019-12-24 09:29:38

FulmenTheFinn

Implementing QoL features seen in mods like Hetuw, such as zoom and hotkeys, to greatly prolong the lifespan of the game and increase stable player count by allowing new players to enjoy the game long enough to get good at it, rather than quit only after a few hours of play, as has been the trend with most players thus far.

Eve Whiskey, i.e. "Whisler".

Add zoom and hotkeys to the base game (see Hetuw mod) to improve the popularity of the game.

#13 2019-12-24 09:47:44

Kinrany

jcwilk wrote:

I want some reason to have distant outposts... Like the further you are from 0, 0 the more inhospitable it becomes but there are certain biomes/items that only spawn way tf out there

This.
We don't need the map to be infinite in every direction. There's no reason to have multiple civs on the same server if they do not interact.
We can safely use north and south for new biomes.

#14 2019-12-24 10:45:40

JonySky
Website

DestinyCall wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:

Not likely to happen ideas are my favorite kind of ideas.

I also don't trust any changes to be made with all this
It's sad because I think the game would improve significantly
It would not be necessary to penalize the players to prevent cities from evolving so fast ... we could implement a winter so that the crops die (food shortages) could also create various types of clothing for winter and summer ... it would take build buildings not to die of cold (NOT HUNGER ... ONLY COLD)
Shared transport allows us to move an entire population to another city more quickly ... even wars take place with these new implementations
Rivers would be the new roads to unite villages, forest fires or other natural disasters should be a reason for collaboration between players (if implemented correctly) and it would not be necessary to force racist mechanics

Anyway I think that OHOL will become a simulator of cooking recipes ...

sad

Last edited by JonySky (2019-12-24 12:58:48)

#15 2019-12-24 11:15:44

Morti

Something that makes the environment harder to survive in, while making people more valuable to each other, would be nice.
Take your pick. I just don't want surviving alone to get too easy. Something that balances personal effort, communication and reward; communication that isn't necessarily tied to typing or text; an understanding we can come to together, without words being absolutely necessary.

Many of the people I've played with have said they are Korean, even without the barrier of different family languages in game, there is still the barrier between English and Korean. Something in game that helps to dissolves, or, bypasses, that barrier and forces us to work together for survival, would be enjoyable.

Surprise me.

#16 2019-12-24 13:27:34

jinbaili83

Better player identification and situation awernes. Playing without zoom mods reminds me of watching microbes under microscope.

Reworked animals because most are just boring, they move mostly at random with rather limited interaction with players.

Random disasters so we don't need griefers to breake monotony and making game chalenging

Last edited by jinbaili83 (2019-12-24 13:27:58)

#17 2019-12-24 20:37:37

ollj

bears!

#18 2019-12-25 01:32:25

DestinyCall

ollj wrote:

bears!

Rideable bears!

#19 2019-12-25 01:50:02

Wuatduhf

What I personally believe Jason's focuses need to be at next:

1) Player "Policing" tools; Baton, Guillotine, Stockade, Gallows, etc. etc.
2) Non-human 'monitoring' observer to replace player-reliant griefing system; completely redefine "griefing counter-play"
3) Horizontal + Vertical Tech Tree expansion
4) Diesel Car/Airplane changes
5) A better "sandbox Tutorial" that lets the new player have room to experiment with all of the barebones; some farm tiles, soil, water, a house, etc. (honestly the community could design a tutorial room for Jason to implement)

#20 2019-12-25 02:27:24

MultiLife

Do we have dads yet? Those would be good. It’s a parenting game about families and survival, I can’t see it being complete until I see dads.

Genetic stuff, families and survival sounds like genes would be involved with the cool family tree stuff in place.

Making things more intuitive and less absurd, like emotes being triggered by special texts like /yoohoo, swords as weapons (weird, hard to explain functions), crafting guide, tutorial stuff, ”I join you” ”You own this” stuff weirdness and magic (speed bonus etc), property fences (why don’t I have an option to not respect some random’s twig fence? Where is my choice to not respect their property and stupid sticks?), better system for well grid stuff, improvements to anti-griefing etc.

Lastly moving to the next level of machinery and tech.

Although race restriction stuff and tool slots are awful imo and I’d demolish those things. Why are gingers snow people? Jason knows about Eskimos, right?

Last edited by MultiLife (2019-12-25 02:47:22)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#21 2019-12-25 03:14:20

Cantface

More avatar/character types would be niiiiice. I know it isn't a priority but it should be lmao.(I'm biased as drawing OHOL characters is fun to do and gets me out of art block mode.)

Really want biome specialty stuff to be reworked or something.

You know what, everything else is fine, I can handle a hierarchy system, tool slots and seals breaking all the time, that's completely okay.

Purple dye would be shweet.

Breasticles

#22 2019-12-25 04:23:48

Kinrany

Killing each other in the towns seems to be a part of the game by now. Kill as many as you can while maintaining plausible deniability, so that it's not easy to justify killing you for other players.

#23 2019-12-25 05:03:35

Spoonwood

Nope, no dads in OHOL.  I think 2HOL has dads, but that's another story.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#24 2019-12-25 05:12:56

Thaulos

There is a major issue with "exploration" in this game.

OHOL's focus is on situation of birth, interaction with players and meaningful choices one makes during their lifetime and their impact on other players.

As the game stands right now exploration, ie: the finding other families, towns and resources (iron, oil), provides a completely different, unsatisfying, single-player, solo experience. This fact is made much worse by the fact that it is now an essential part of a village arc. With multiple families of specific races being needed to advance the tech tree, I've found myself single-playing for most of my lives, just walking around trying to find something useful.

Many times when I get back to town I no longer recognize most of the people in there. I've been away so long it's no longer my home.

This is a terrible feeling and, in my opinion, something that needs to be fixed/changed/overhauled in order to drastically reduce the time players spend playing solo.

So hopefully that will be the next focus.

Last edited by Thaulos (2019-12-25 05:16:21)

#25 2019-12-25 08:03:08

testo

DestinyCall wrote:
ollj wrote:

bears!

Rideable bears!

bear-golf-cart-11215-reddit-ftre_1havig3sncv5o1kzcxjqiocr0i.png?t=-538692646&quality=100&w=640&h=360

repost for bear driver.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

Board footer