One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-13 18:36:50

Aurora Aurora

What’s a good sign to tell if you’ve succeeded as eve?

I just played a life as Eve Aurora (Of course naming all my kids Aurora Aurora) and I built up a small farm. I thought I was doing pretty okay. Then I just saw a random kid walking and I realized it was my Great Grandson and that’s when I realized I did pretty fucking great. What’s your “Eve success” sign?

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#2 2018-04-13 20:00:06

TheRedBug

Re: What’s a good sign to tell if you’ve succeeded as eve?

oh my GOD it's you master oliver big_smile

STEW! STEWWWWW!!!

#3 2018-04-13 20:14:32

fragilityh14

I have got far enough to have a great great grandaughter, which I was happy about. My I often have no children alive when i die (whether eve or not) which is frustrating, as I often live to 60 and the kids make it old enough to do their own thing, then just die whenever. As a male I'm also often the last person alive when a colony collapses. I really wish more people would start gathering berries from farther out when food gets super scarce

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

#4 2018-04-13 21:08:11

Bob the Blob

Not walking into a fecking snake for one. Not walking into a fecking wolf for two. Bearing the next incarnation of Master Greta for three though I doubt I have ever been worthy.

Just living a full 60 as an Eve is success enough for me. I have had many successful set ups as an Eve which very quickly went tits up due to less than desirable offspring. Recently I spawned in as the granddaughter to my granddaughter. Freaky shit but I guess as an Eve I did okay that time.

I used to have an open mind but my brain kept falling out.

#5 2018-04-13 22:02:55

Aurora Aurora

Bob the Blob wrote:

Bearing the next incarnation of Master Greta for three though I doubt I have ever been worthy.

Haha that made me laugh. Master Greta would be mildly pleased to be born to such a follower as you.

#6 2018-04-13 22:03:56

Aurora Aurora

TheRedBug wrote:

oh my GOD it's you master oliver big_smile

Oh my GOD it’s you TheRedBug!

Last edited by Aurora Aurora (2018-04-13 22:04:11)

#7 2018-04-13 22:09:00

Chard

fragilityh14 wrote:

I have got far enough to have a great great grandaughter, which I was happy about. My I often have no children alive when i die (whether eve or not) which is frustrating, as I often live to 60 and the kids make it old enough to do their own thing, then just die whenever. As a male I'm also often the last person alive when a colony collapses. I really wish more people would start gathering berries from farther out when food gets super scarce

That's impressive, the window for success is very tight and it almost needs to be three immediate daughters each generation. 14 minutes to grow up and if you get a son you are almost certainly on a 2 minute timeout. If you get one son first along the way and very quick the other daughters you might just manage to get a great great grandchild.

#8 2018-04-13 22:23:14

Lexyvil

My way of knowing if I was a successful Eve are based on an accumulation of conditions.

I am a successful Eve if:
-I live until 60.
-I have daughter/s' and their antecedents are forthcoming
-I make a settlement near the necessary resources for survival (Swamp 'and' Savanna)
-I taught my offspring how to do things if it seems as if they don't know what to do (I also make sure to teach them that clothes are essential as it saves a LOT of food).
-I make at least one type of clothing.

Last edited by Lexyvil (2018-04-13 22:41:02)

#9 2018-04-13 22:39:34

fragilityh14

Chard wrote:
fragilityh14 wrote:

That's impressive, the window for success is very tight and it almost needs to be three immediate daughters each generation. 14 minutes to grow up and if you get a son you are almost certainly on a 2 minute timeout. If you get one son first along the way and very quick the other daughters you might just manage to get a great great grandchild.

i was surprised, i hadn't thought it was possible but also hadn't done the math.

Today i have 5 sons and 1 daughter :'(

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

#10 2018-04-14 00:59:04

Alleria

You haven't succeeded as Eve unless all your children are clothed, you have all tools, a sheep pen, and you have female heirs.

"Words build bridges into unexplored regions"

#11 2018-04-14 03:11:50

Lily

I would say you are successful as long as their are good prospects for your family to continue. Seeing as how an Eve doesn't have great prospects early on, just having a stable family is good enough. Sure, you should go for more than just the bare minimum but if you get that far it isn't that bad.

Board footer