Gogo
Banned

Most neccesary changes?

1. wells need to be used for longer period of time before drying up
2. we need removable rabbit holes
3. properties decayed too fast
4. way stones shouldn't blocked us
5. milkweeds consume too much water and gives too little product

I can't think of anything else, maybe later I figure it out. Please add more complains if you like. smile

#2 2019-12-22 20:06:43

jcwilk

Re: Most neccesary changes?

- Springy property fence gates
- A way to grant access to a property gate without granting permission to grant permission
- A way to revoke access and/or permission
- A way to mark a gate as inherited down to your descendants
- A way to figure out who owns a property gate

With these changes property might be useful for more than griefing and sheep

Last edited by jcwilk (2019-12-22 20:11:56)

#3 2019-12-22 22:33:03

Legs

This isn't a most necessary change. It's important in my opinion but doesn't deserve its own thread so I'm posting it here.

Lockpicking.

As far as I know removing any lock requires you to lock something else in turn. The only exception is if you already have a matching key that can be filed into a lock removal key. Otherwise, you have to make a new lock and key set, then experiment with Lock and Key A-Z to figure out which letter the lock you want to remove is keyed to.

In bell towns you often find locked doors and containers around because people are moving locks from the bakery or whatever to an empty chest to get them out of the way. Locks in general are niche tech with very limited uses. Most players don't know how to build or pick locks, and even if you do know how it's time consuming. Even if you know how AND you put in the time to lockpick the only real solution is a messy one that doesn't really remove any locks, just essentially moves them from one thing to another before scrapping the second set.

To begin with legitimate uses of a lock are extremely rare. For the most part they're only used to grief, and it's doubly effective because lock removal is implemented in such an ineffective way. I wish there was a way to do it with just a key so that the problematic lock can then be scrapped together as a set.

Loco Motion

#4 2019-12-22 23:44:21

Gogo
Banned

Yes, I agree about keys.

jcwilk wrote:

- A way to figure out who owns a property gate

I think name is enough? If not what else can be add? Whole list of owners?

Last edited by Gogo (2019-12-22 23:48:09)

#5 2019-12-23 01:59:17

JasonY

Some might not view as necessary but a buff to the current "end-game" transport, Cars and Planes. Logically they should better than the horse.

Need Content

#6 2019-12-23 02:25:03

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

Also bring back double soil tilling! Why was it removed??

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#7 2019-12-23 02:28:46

Keyin

Gogo wrote:

1. wells need to be used for longer period of time before drying up
2. we need removable rabbit holes
3. properties decayed too fast
4. way stones shouldn't blocked us
5. milkweeds consume too much water and gives too little product

I can't think of anything else, maybe later I figure it out. Please add more complains if you like. smile

1. Honestly I don't agree with the choice to make water a non-renewable resource, but agree though not #1 concern

2. Not really a super high priority... honestly just don't build in praries... I'd say mosquitoes/iceholes/bearcaves can all share a spot with rabbit holes in terms of being an annoying land feature you can't remove

3. Haven't really experienced this as a problem myself

4. I disagree with the philosophy of way-stones being permanent, as people use them for everything. They're the de-facto new signs .. everything should be easier to destroy than to make like in real life in my opinion.

5.Agree, takes a lot of soil and water and hoe uses to make just a few ropes

#8 2019-12-23 02:31:48

fug

DiscardedSlinky wrote:

Basically the original reason was because:

3 soil was used for farming if you didn't do pottery first (waaaay back when the game was released this was a thing)
2 soil was used for if you cared to do pottery before farming (which had been meta forever)
1 soil was used for conserving on soil derp.

He nerfed arctic farming and I explicitly asked if he would just move 3 soil farming to arctic only which he decided was okay but didn't want to actually change the code for biome blocking so he just left everything as 3 soil or 1 soil because "having a two till option left a noob trap."

Combination of not wanting to undo a derp update + the meta completely shifted from one of the options because it was basically just wasteful to do so.

JasonY wrote:

Some might not view as necessary but a buff to the current "end-game" transport, Cars and Planes. Logically they should better than the horse.

There has to be room for the engine!111!! - Jason's response to asking about buffing dead higher tech content. Planes and cars don't really make sense though planes make a little but they're too easy to grief. Feels dumb seeing a horse cart hold eight diesel engines and a car hold only four.

Last edited by fug (2019-12-23 02:48:28)

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#9 2019-12-23 02:42:28

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

I also think a farming tutorial section would save a lot of headaches for both new players and old players.

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#10 2019-12-23 02:46:22

Spoonwood

fug wrote:

1 soil was used for conserving on hoe usage.

I think you mean soil usage there, fug.

It's strange to call something like 2-soil tilling a 'noob trap', when probably most vets use to farm that way.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#11 2019-12-23 02:49:24

fug

Spoonwood wrote:
fug wrote:

It's strange to call something like 2-soil tilling a 'noob trap', when probably most vets use to farm that way.

Two soil wasn't the noob trap, three soil was because no where in game does it explain you should be moving soil with a bowl.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#12 2019-12-23 03:02:09

Spoonwood

1. Go back to ponds being able to get dug up into wells... keep springs around.  Doing so would make it hard to block wells, which could get done even if waystones got made easier to remove.

2. End race restrictions.

3. End tool slots.

4. Make the tall/short object feature into a bug once again and eliminate that bug.

5. Reverse the temperature overhaul OR make it so that the neutral biomes all have a different temperature from every other current neutral temperature biome.

6. Figure out some system where being a True Eve, one who builds a camp from scratch, is the optimal meta instead of the current one where finding a dead camp makes more sense.  An example is the old Eve spiral.

7. A choice screen for players to select the family that they get born into if they live to 60 in the previous life.

8. Make it so that if a lineage dies out due to an update, or perhaps in general if the former is not so easy, that someone who lived to 60 in that lineage can get reborn as an Eve (or Adam) where that player died.  And attach such re-birthed players to the original family tree.  This way, lineages can survive updates and eternal survival is possible, instead of being the ridiculous 'expectation' that it is currently.

9. Bring back Eve chaining in the high population context for when an Eve lives to 60.

10. Make men sufficiently valuable.  Even go so far as go with Adams as necessary for people to have children, even if that means fewer parenting opportunities.

11. Better anti-griefing measures in general.

12. Make it so that there exists a way to make bellows without having to eat an animal carcass (keep rabbit bones though).  Human bone needles could be one such way.  Also, make it so that there exists a second way to oil a steel file blank, such as via palm oil.  Additionally, add a second way for compost to get made, such as bringing back worms making compost (keep sheep dung though).  Also would be nice to have a plant-based saddle of some sort. 

13. Make it so that cars can carry more items.  Perhaps 12 items fitting in a car would suffice.

14. End landing strips decaying.

15. Go back to oil rigs not going dry.

16. Bring back the old milkweed system.  The one where if players picked it at the right time, milkweed regrew.

Danish Clinch.

#13 2019-12-23 03:04:25

Spoonwood

fug wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:
fug wrote:

Two soil wasn't the noob trap, three soil was because no where in game does it explain you should be moving soil with a bowl.

I agree.  Might have mis-remembered Jason as saying that 2-soil tilling was a 'noob trap'.  Instead he might have said 'kind of wasteful', which isn't quite the same, but still kind of strange, since I don't think that many vets thought that.

Danish Clinch.

#14 2019-12-23 03:19:22

JasonY

fug wrote:
DiscardedSlinky wrote:

Basically the original reason was because:

3 soil was used for farming if you didn't do pottery first (waaaay back when the game was released this was a thing)
2 soil was used for if you cared to do pottery before farming (which had been meta forever)
1 soil was used for conserving on soil derp.

He nerfed arctic farming and I explicitly asked if he would just move 3 soil farming to arctic only which he decided was okay but didn't want to actually change the code for biome blocking so he just left everything as 3 soil or 1 soil because "having a two till option left a noob trap."

Combination of not wanting to undo a derp update + the meta completely shifted from one of the options because it was basically just wasteful to do so.

JasonY wrote:

There has to be room for the engine!111!! - Jason's response to asking about buffing dead higher tech content. Planes and cars don't really make sense though planes make a little but they're too easy to grief. Feels dumb seeing a horse cart hold eight diesel engines and a car hold only four.

Part of buffing them would be making them less grief able. Make them only able to travel on roads.

Need Content

#15 2019-12-23 13:08:26

DarkDrak

1. A rework of family specialization
2. A nerf to waystones
These two look like the most important ones atm, imo

3. Buff to cars. Like, seriously, their usefullness right now is negative.
This one feels necessary too.

4. Domesticated rabbits, reworked dogs, reworked cows. (Cows are already op and they dont even give beef.)
Not really necessary, but i'd look forward to it.

For the lockpickng part, personally, i just place a sign on some corner wall, then reuse its lock until i found the needed key. Then duplicate the key and remove both locks.

Youtube guide to Oil and Kerosene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKSZHPiUK6A
Youtube guide to Diesel Engine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sMX_GlwgbA&t=5s

World is not black and white

#16 2019-12-24 08:17:48

arkajalka

XD at milkweed farmers. Such soil and water waste. Go 3 biomes out of any town and you can get cartfull of rope in no time. Now you say, but wild has been scavenged in bell towns. Bell towns have horse carst go 2 biomes more -->profit.

+1 for car buff. Make the engine run full/half life with one tank to make them actually viable option of transportation.

+1 for well buff, but make the food drain higher too. Harder to get a big town up, but it last longer when its up.

Buff oil(more oil from one rig)
Buff translators, white race is literally useless. Once town needs translators they already have pen, paper and a gum ball. So having whites in town is just wasting potential as you could have a race that is actually useful in town instead of the cucks.

Nerf:
-mutton
-milk
-eggs(logner spawn time)
-horsecart(tool slot)
-pine(make it decay, its fugly and should only be temporary solution)
-knife(make em break or dull out), its constant work to battle against people forging 50th knife for bread cutting to combat town drama.

Other new ideas:

-PVP rework
Rock, paper, scissors (stab, swing, strike) like pvp combat where one move counters another.

-Wagons for group travelling

-Grinding stone
Knife upkeep and sword forgeing

-Huge world wonders
Big buildings  (3x3?) that require co-operation and several ingredients to build and provide a buff of somesort.

-City flags
Mark yourself to a city. You will always born to this towns family line as long as the family line is up. This would provoke drama and trade. War between family lines or symibiotic relations ships via trading.

Could go on for ever but ill leave it to this.

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

Board footer