One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-21 17:07:16

karltown_veteran

Milestones Of The Forum and Discord

By Karltown_veteran (FYI my name is not Karl. Thank you. Also I’m not a veteran. I have not served in any war. I am a veteran of a OHOL town called Karltown. That is all.)

I. Birth of the forum. Savor the innocent years while you can.

II. Everyone is pissed at Jason as he adds decaying stone hoes and apocalypse. They mourn the days where they all just lived off carrots. Joriom pisses off everyone by bragging about completing apocalypse.

III. Karltown is born, promptly changes name to Karltown_veteran.

IV. The rise of Aurora Aurora

(Missed Connections somewhere between these?)

V. Littlemissmesssy, the weird ass girl who posted cleavage pictures on forum

VI. That one guy who spam posted for a refund and threatened to reveal Jason’s address (???)

VII. Aurora Aurora weird fan art, “OMG GUYS LET ME BACK ON DISCORD”, the fall of Aurora Aurora

VIII. Ya girl Karltown_veteran discovers the existence of discord thru that post, joins discord, is immediately accused by Stylingirl of being the second coming  of Aurora Aurora

IX. Karltown_veteran posts weird thread about OHOL lovemaking, regrets for the rest of her days.

X. Karltown_veteran briefly “dates” Greatshawn on discord until she realizes Greatshawn is a weirdo.

XI. Bendi’s furry porhn is released by… someone… onto the discord

XII. Tarr leaves, everyone cries. Jason, moved by his gay love for Tarr, erects a monument for him.

XIII. But wait Tarr is still on discord lol.

XIV. DumDum drawings

XV. The fall of the forum begins, discord stands strong.

XVI. Spoonwood, desperate to keep the forum alive, starts screaming at everyone and reviving old posts

XVII. FORUM HAS FALLEN! EVERYONE PANIC/REJOICE (Not yet happened)

*bows* That is all.

Last edited by karltown_veteran (2019-12-21 17:07:39)

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#2 2019-12-21 17:23:11

testo

Re: Milestones Of The Forum and Discord

- no Pein reference??
- no new apoc reference??
- no Ollj mass troll threads?
- no rift reference??
- no Morty reference??

and I´m missing at least 10 other people.

2/10

will read again when upgraded.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#3 2019-12-21 17:29:37

Cantface

Thank you for the history. Jesus I've been lurking for a long time. :(

Breasticles

#4 2019-12-21 19:06:24

karltown_veteran

testo wrote:

- no Pein reference??
- no rift reference??
- no Morty reference??

2/10

Man these critics are harsh. I can't remember everything you know.

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#5 2019-12-21 19:22:19

testo

Gogo Karly, you can do better. I´m not even a forum regular.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#6 2019-12-21 22:53:04

FulmenTheFinn

Why do so many children play this game? Is it the art style?

Eve Whiskey, i.e. "Whisler".

Add zoom and hotkeys to the base game (see Hetuw mod) to improve the popularity of the game.

#7 2019-12-21 23:03:57

DestinyCall

FulmenTheFinn wrote:

Why do so many children play this game? Is it the art style?

It is probably all the sex, violence and foul language.

Kids love that stuff.

#8 2019-12-21 23:18:22

FulmenTheFinn

My theory is that it's both the art style and the simple (on the surface) nature of the game. In that sense the game reminds me a bit of something like Habbo Hotel, even though the design philosophies are totally different. Probably a healthy dose of RP being a major attraction for kids too, now that I think about it.

Add zoom and hotkeys to the base game (see Hetuw mod) to improve the popularity of the game.

#9 2019-12-21 23:18:38

Keyin

Children are the only ones with time to play games, generally.

#10 2019-12-21 23:29:43

FulmenTheFinn

Keyin wrote:

Children are the only ones with time to play games, generally.

That's not true. I play a lot of grand strategy games where the median age is around 30-35. Heck, a lot of the grognards in those games are in their 50s-60s. If memory serves, the median age of players in the entire video game industry is around 30. What is true is that adults generally don't have the time to sink in dozens of hours per week into video games. But no, OHOL at least in my book is definitely an exception, in that a very sizable portion of its players seem to be around 12-18, something that's more than apparent from the forums and particularly the Discord server. Take for example this thread.

#11 2019-12-22 08:31:35

YannaChan

how come you didn't mention me >:(((

#12 2019-12-22 12:01:56

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

Missed Discord milestone of Post being banned and all the griefers leaving out fear, especially Ziv.

cya kids.

Honestly though it's been a golden age for the Discord. It's pretty peaceful.

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#13 2019-12-22 19:13:03

arkajalka

God damn inside groups tapping each others back... Every time i see these threads, some inside group taps each other to back and raises Tarr to god like stature.

We sheep people have existed from the start, worked like a horse to get the towns going, dalai lama pacifist of the town, saving lifes scrapping knifes, bringing kraut to the people, not that loud on forums but always there with the occasional opinions, still no one ever mentions us. We work in the shaddows and get zero compliments. Keep tapping each others you silly humans.

We sheep people are far more superior than normal humans. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

#14 2019-12-22 20:31:49

WalrusesConquer

How could you forget that one day when everyone worshipped corn!
And you missed the rise of the noble, handsome, amazing, 12 pack, 8ft walruses! Tsk tsk that was the most historical moment so far!

Last edited by WalrusesConquer (2019-12-22 20:37:59)

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#15 2019-12-22 21:03:40

Starknight_One

WalrusesConquer wrote:

And you missed the rise of the noble, handsome, amazing, 12 pack, 8ft walruses! Tsk tsk that was the most historical moment so far!

Don't you mean 'tusk tusk'?

#16 2019-12-23 02:27:01

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

Never forget the 3 days of Anondrawing too. Probably the best thing that's ever come out of this community.

https://www.anondraw.com/collab#private … -5766,1602

I also /blush.

#17 2019-12-23 16:22:08

Morti

testo wrote:

- no Pein reference??
- no rift reference??
- no Morty reference??

2/10

What kinda Morti reference would there be?

#18 2019-12-23 16:30:03

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

Your return obviously

I also /blush.

#19 2019-12-23 17:40:42

karltown_veteran

OMG MORTI IS ALIVE

#20 2019-12-23 20:39:57

Grim_Arbiter

karltown_veteran wrote:

OMG MORTI IS ALIVE

I think hes been her awhile.

I had a suspicion he was helping with the roads.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#21 2019-12-23 22:49:45

Morti

Grim_Arbiter wrote:

I think hes been her awhile.

I had a suspicion he was helping with the roads.

I've lived four lives so far since returning to the game, the first was...
WCQ8tMa.png
Then my 13 year old 550 watt power supply finally died a few days after that, and I went a few days without getting on my PC, practicing pressing the power button to get the fans to spin longer and longer each time, till, finally 2 days ago they stayed spinning long enough that they stayed on, and the PC posted; same power supply from October 2007, still chuggin along.
And last night I played 3 lives, the second of which was a tutorial run, just to see whats new there and to be sure I still knew enough to bust out.
iqnIEz2.png

The first run of last night, I think my name was Polly, and I started a new town about... 250 steps northeast of where I was born? I'm not using any mods atm, so not sure how far away it was, but it was a lot of fun. I had a few kids, Venus, Mercury, Terra, Mars, and a few other drop outs. I thanked everyone for sticking with me, was about to tell them how much I loved them all and died at 58 because I gave away all my clothes and, I'm forgetful.

Then my third life I was reborn to another family there, in the camp that I started, which was, almost unrecognizable, it was so well developed in just a few hours, and I caught lots of rabbits and tried to figure out how I was going to deal with the bait mechanic. I think I'll just go out with like, a pack of 4 bait bags, 3 snares in a basket and just trap all the rabbits and leave most of them out by the holes, till the bait runs out. It's certainly going to be a thing, having to choose between those first few rabbits getting turned into bags or pants or packs or, what? But, I'll cross make the best choice with each situation, I think.

I cried worse than I've ever cried before, when I died before saying goodbye to the people that stayed with me and helped me start the place. My throat hurt really bad, all the muscles in my neck basically locked up. It was difficult, but, I needed it. I missed the way I felt after those really meaningful lives, in this game.

I probably won't trick myself into feeling that good for a long time, but I'm sure many challengers will appear down the road.

That's, about it.

Now, for the last 6 hours or so, my PC has been shutting down and restarting all of a sudden, but, luckily Chrome saves everything I type... so when I restore the pages my message is still here... so, yeah, if anyone has a spare 600 or so watt power supply they'd be willing to sell somehow, that'd be nice. I'm not sure how packaging and shipping is going to work this time of year, which is why I'm hesitant to order one online, and, no one in this little town sells power supplies, not even the PC repair shops, which is just, ridiculous. So, I'm not sure what to do.
I should probably just order one on Amazon or something, but, I kind of enjoyed not having a working PC for a few days. It gave me a reason to get out of the house and talk to people. It was basically like my PC was a quest giver, just giving me a hand to level up. I kinda don't want to take the easy route and just order the part because, who knows, maybe I'll meet more quest givers like him while getting him what he needs.

Yeap. Kinda sad really...

But it's really nice just to be here in the forums, and to have been back in the game.

It's nice to read most of what you're all saying to each other, and to remember the things I do about all of you.

I hope, for your sake, you have something nice to look forward to for the next few days.
I'll try to be around and , just know, that even though I don't respond to everything, I enjoy reading everyone engaging with each other.

karltown_veteran wrote:

OMG MORTI IS ALIVE

Indeed, I am, Karl. Indeed, I am.

I've been following the release of new content on onetech.info every week or so, this whole time, and I have checked in on the forums

... I find it both reassuring, and disturbing at the same time, that Google Chrome saves every keystroke I type here, as I type it. As I also find it disturbing, and upsetting, that I don't know exactly how, or why.

I just want to say hello, to everyone and let you know, I love you; for what you are, for what you've been, for how you choose to be better and for why you refuse to give up. You're a great community of people, all of you, and even though I'm almost a month late on the Holiday of Thanks, I want to say thank you, for every engagement here on the forums, and for every life you've shared in game.

I love you all.
Even Jason.

#22 2019-12-25 04:30:48

testo

Morti wrote:
testo wrote:

- no Pein reference??
- no rift reference??
- no Morty reference??

2/10

What kinda Morti reference would there be?

What do I know? I´m basically a forum lurker/positive troll.

- Jack Ass

#23 2019-12-25 22:04:09

WalrusesConquer

Starknight_One wrote:
WalrusesConquer wrote:

Don't you mean 'tusk tusk'?

Eyyy I see what you did there!

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#24 2019-12-25 22:08:20

Star

One word:
Bob

Bob <3

#25 2019-12-29 05:43:06

GreatShawn

Luv u Karl <3

Board footer