One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-04-14 00:20:38

IronBear

Re: How to migrate?

danger1penguin wrote:

I just want to make a commit here because I just participated in a migration. I was kind of excited because I had literally just read this thread. The migration wasn't to start fresh though, it was like 3rd-5th generation moving closer to swamp land (I later found swamp land in the opposite direction that was really close to the old village and this kind of ticked me off).

Anyways, it was really disorganized, and it felt like we wasted a bunch of resources in doing so that set us back a generation or two. I almost went back to the old village to start up again on my own. We moved shortly into my adulthood. The move actually discouraged me to be a productive mother and I ultimately didn't raise a single kid, but I really supported the group and started smithing stuff/making clothes. Overall, I started with negative feelings towards it, but at the end, I was more neutral. By all means, anyone could feel different about this.I just wanted to share what I felt from an early village experience.

You shouldn't move the whole village.  That would be WAAAY too hard without an extrnal chat service.

1 or 2 teenage women just head out with all the supplies they can carry.  The rest of the tribe will follow via reincarnation.

Board footer