One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-13 22:44:39

fragilityh14

To all my families that didn't make it

For some reason I frequently survive to 60 while a camp has collapsed. Most often, my kids run errands and don't come back, and i find their body whereever. other times there is temporary food pressure, and they don't take off to forage berries while waiting for carrots or whatever. Many times they are dead right next to food, more times than they should have just barely not made it.

It's quite depressing, being an old woman with no children, though as a man this also happens to me frequently. I may just be good at the survival part generally. I do generally fan out when food is low and come back when stuff has had a chance to grow.

I do limit population less than a lot of people, however once you have a water container it shouldn't be that damn difficult to support a population. It's frustrating because there's always initially a big harvest and somehow things starved out. In an earlier game today, we planted like 15 gooseberries and had a bunch of carrots going and somehow the society still starved out as I was collecting baskets etc.

i really don't get how other people are struggling so hard to survive, but i may just be a terrible matriarch.

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

Board footer