One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-14 01:02:16

FulmenTheFinn

Bring back quad cursing

Removing it was an impulsive decision Jason made based on 1-2 people complaining about an issue that did not exist. Personally in over 1000 hours I have never seen quads or even trips abuse cursing. Basically he used a shotgun to kill a fly.

Ironically, removing it did create an actual issue, namely a decreased ability to deal with griefers while playing with friends. I run an OHOL Discord server dedicated to VOIP quadding, and the times we have saved towns from griefers have been innumerable. Preventing them from spawning there again is a part of that process. Asking other players around you to curse them in your stead is unreliable and often does not work or matter (e.g. if everyone around you are old and dying soon, or if there is a major language barrier, which is quite common), giving ample time for griefers to respawn, perhaps as your own baby, not revealing themselves until they are old enough to carry weapons and start griefing again.

So please Jason, reverse this overkill design choice you made a few patches ago.

I know this won't garner much support here; most folks on this forum don't play in organised quads, but at least I've given my two cents on this issue.

Eve Whiskey, i.e. "Whisler".

Add zoom and hotkeys to the base game (see Hetuw mod) to improve the popularity of the game.

#2 2019-12-14 02:21:42

DarkDrak

Re: Bring back quad cursing

If i remember correctly, premades stopped being able to curse when the curse system was reworked in a way that getting 5-6 people to curse you and live would effectivly send the victim out of the rift and straight into donkey town for an undetermined amount of time time.
I mean, that was potentially a kinda scary exploit, where six or so coordinated people could evacuate everybody to the safety of a limitless world exile people to donkey town.

But yeah, now we got no rift, new curse system and, frankly, getting cursed by 2-4 people who normally twin is pretty much just as effective as being cursed by only one of them: you cant be born in the town they're already in. That's about it.

Idk if Jason just forgot to revert it back or if he's keeping it that way for another reason.

Youtube guide to Oil and Kerosene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKSZHPiUK6A
Youtube guide to Diesel Engine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sMX_GlwgbA&t=5s

World is not black and white

#3 2019-12-14 03:40:56

DestinyCall

Personally, I'd rather leave it alone, so if the curse system gets changed again (and I'm sure it will), we don't have to worry about multiples causing problems. 

Not being able to curse is a small price to pay, considering all the gameplay advantages offered by being a member of a discord-enabled quad.

#4 2019-12-14 21:50:25

Navi

Not sure why Destiny has a hard on for quads every time they're mentioned, but completely agree with OP.
What it comes down to:
This limitation was introduced specifically for the rift.
The rift is gone.
The limitation is not necessary and should be removed.
Period.

#5 2019-12-14 22:08:20

DestinyCall

I've seen too many towns destroyed by twins and other multiples.   If you haven't had the same experience, consider yourself fortunate.  Some people will intentionally starve twins or quads at birth to prevent griefing later on.  Curses aren't effective against quads and they can form a group to kill easily.   

If you still can't figure out why I am against giving multiples the ability to curse other players, you aren't trying to understand my position.

#6 2019-12-14 22:22:26

FulmenTheFinn

Twins, I can agree, are often a wild card, but triplets, let alone quads, I very rarely have seen grief, and have never seen abuse the curse system. In my experience this phobia against quads comes from people who themselves don't quad, and relies purely on extremely unlikely hypotheticals.

As others have noted, banning multiples from cursing was a rift thing, and even then was overkill that did more harm than good. Now the rift is gone, and it's time to reverse this, if not simply bad, then obsolete design choice.

Eve Whiskey, i.e. "Whisler".

Add zoom and hotkeys to the base game (see Hetuw mod) to improve the popularity of the game.

#7 2019-12-15 20:08:26

Lava

How have you rarely seen quads, triplets grief? I've seen them grief on multiple occasions and that change was necessary for the rift since it could get someone banned from playing. Now that the rift is gone, I don't really care as much about twins/trip/quad.

Board footer