One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-12 20:20:10

veene

Next Challenge: Full Population Village

So we've hit 100+ generations exploiting some of the most knowledgeable players on the server + co-ordination.

Next challenge would be to support a full population public server (server 1/2/3)

Challenges: Griefers -> Weapons necessary throughout the village, the layout is designed to spot griefers asap. They will be reborn, they will attack again, you have the numbers so stay vigilant. This example layout tries to condense the village, so there are less chances of stragglers on the outskirts being picked off at a distant berry farm for example. Requires constant farming in a 1:3 ratio of population. This is not sustainable, as you will run out of seeds and/or soil. It is a race against the clock, to try and sustain 30-40 players for a few generations.

https://gyazo.com/a2ab85776bf3466d15ea1094e337c1c7

#2 2018-04-12 23:11:09

Alleria

Re: Next Challenge: Full Population Village

You really need to be utilising mutton (probably in pies), pies, and composting for this to work. Berries are not viable in feeding this many people, as you'd need 300+ soil plots. This is only viable in a noob-free environment. Where did you do the maths for your farm, because unless I'm missing something, you're WAY off. I don't know why you'd want to condense 30 people into a space this small anyway due to the huge efficiency loss. I'm not sure you realise how much water you need to feed that many people either. I haven't done the numbers, but you'd probably need 60 wells. You also need to consider you'll be losing about 3-4 soil per generation.

"Words build bridges into unexplored regions"

#3 2018-04-13 01:02:37

earlgraytea

I know people have had some success with switching to berries, but don't domestic berries take a while to grow back?

If you're trying to maintain such a large population for a few generations, I agree that sheep might be a good choice. It takes a while to set up, but once you do, it's super efficient. And as a bonus, you can mass-produce clothes (at least hats and maybe shoes) so that you have more rabbit fur to use on baskets.

Side note: if you put your carrots between the berries like that, they'll be slightly more annoying to harvest. Maybe put them on edges?

#4 2018-04-13 02:20:44

veene

Sorry no math here, just a rough sketch of the concept where you can keep an eye on berry bushes in between carrot farming (most important griefing control imo). The idea is to expand downwards and sideways once you figure out the math, the walls are just extras to protect from wildlife. Usually you can get a green biome with a ton of soil (10-20 pits) and then cart up and collect from nearby biomes. I wouldn't worry too much about soil loss in the beginning as you're racing to scale up. This is not a long term play, as long term will require nomadic style travel once soil depletes.

#5 2018-04-13 14:44:16

Inoox

Hes going to up server pop to 80 lets see smile

Board footer