One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-10 00:19:27

Randomname

Pumpkins and Pumpkin Pies

So I wanted a pumpkin today, so I planted squash.  I planted and planted and planted, after 12 squashes I finally got a pumpkin and I thought it would be easy to make more now.  However the pumpkin only gave me one seed, which luckily did turn into a pumpkin but I was back on the squash grind to get a row of three.

Basically can we please get three seeds per pumpkin.

NiZhngB.png

So I finally had some pumpkins and made my raw pie.  They all fit nicely in the slot boxes, I light the oven to do the right click oven slot box dance and the cooked pies do not fit back in the slot box killing the pie dance flow.  I continued cooking throwing the pies all over the floor (being dramatic here it was only four but still), surely they can be contained when cut I reasoned.  I cut them and nope not in basket and not in regular box either.  The choices being feast table (to many steps for my lifetime) or just leave on the floor.

Can we please, please, please store pumpkin pies somehow.

(Was on low pop server ignore the sugar planted long ago, never got a pic of my kitchen frustration and it doesn't show the squash grown on the other side or the mass stew)

#2 2019-12-10 01:44:21

Spoonwood

Re: Pumpkins and Pumpkin Pies

Nice sugarcane.  It's not much fun that it can't grow outside of the jungle and jungles are too dangerous to go into most of the time, or you need to strip and suck up the increased pip drain rate.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#3 2019-12-13 06:08:31

Randomname

It was such a lovely thing to add decor to a town, same with mango tree.  There was a lovely wedding chapel with sugar cane around it, seen it in a few town parks before the update to.

Other gripe I accidentally lathed my third pipe and now I have a fuel nozzle that cannot be scrapped.

#4 2019-12-13 12:03:47

sigmen4020

Yeah something needs to be done about pumpkins. On low pop the other day I went through about 15 squash before I got a single pumpkin with a single seed.

Also pumpkin seeds decay after only 5 minutes and not an hour, so there's that to watch out for too.

VlOcqWE.png

Last edited by sigmen4020 (2019-12-13 12:04:31)

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#5 2019-12-14 04:16:36

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Seems like there's some inconsistency in the way seeds decay.  Some take an hour, others 5 minutes.  I think the infinite ones take 5 minutes, and the finite ones take an hour.  I picked the wrong one for pumpkins.  Will fix.  Also will see about getting more seeds per pumpkin.

The pies can't be stored because they are custard.  They are soft and mushy.  You can't put them in a backpack or whatever.

#6 2019-12-14 04:41:07

jcwilk

jasonrohrer wrote:

The pies can't be stored because they are custard.  They are soft and mushy.  You can't put them in a backpack or whatever.

Makes sense, i usually leave my pumpkin pies at home and toss a few berry pies into my backpack before hitting the town irl since crust is a hermetically sealed barrier against forever destroying said backpack

#7 2019-12-14 04:52:36

DestinyCall

jcwilk wrote:
jasonrohrer wrote:

Makes sense, i usually leave my pumpkin pies at home and toss a few berry pies into my backpack before hitting the town irl since crust is a hermetically sealed barrier against forever destroying said backpack

Next update .... all pies cannot be contained in boxes or backpacks.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONEEEE!!!!

#8 2019-12-14 04:57:51

jasonrohrer
Administrator

These are Hostess Fruit Pies, my good man.  They are magic, because they have a Magician on every package:

https://live.staticflickr.com/3278/2423 … e9874f.jpg

They do not, I repeat, DO NOT come in pumpkin flavor.

If you carry them in your backpack, they will be more like a bag of cobbler when you go to open and eat them.

The are best carried to Soccer Camp and eaten on the bus.

#9 2019-12-14 05:01:18

jcwilk

jasonrohrer wrote:

These are Hostess Fruit Pies, my good man.  They are magic, because they have a Magician on every package:

If you carry them in your backpack, they will be more like a bag of cobbler when you go to open and eat them.

Haha I knew you were going to talk about individually wrapped pies, time to add plastic to the recipesss

#10 2019-12-14 12:00:04

Melea

Pocket pies and hand pies survive being carted around just fine IRL. They're just filling encapsulated in crust, no plastic needed.

Admittedly pocket pies don't quite fit the in-game lattice-top full sized pie icon...but...thematically it fits. Pies covered with crust = storable. Open-topped pumpkin pies = not storable.

#11 2019-12-14 12:37:03

Starknight_One

jcwilk wrote:
jasonrohrer wrote:

Haha I knew you were going to talk about individually wrapped pies, time to add plastic to the recipesss

Hostess Fruit Pies are traditionally stored in waxed paper bags, not plastic wrappers.

Also, McDonalds fruit pies - which are basically just warmed-over Hostess Fruit Pies - have a pumpkin offering around, well, this time of year. There's no reason a pumpkin custard fruit pie couldn't work; pumpkin or cheesecake custards are baked until they are firmly set. They won't fall out of the crust if you turn the pie over (in the case of a regular pie), and the filling won't ooze out of a hand-pie. If you're eating runny pumpkin pies, STOP - the custard isn't cooked correctly and you might well be consuming raw egg.

In short, I see no reason why you couldn't take a pumpkin pie in a backpack.

Board footer