One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-12-11 23:13:01

Kinrany

Re: A better idea for Hierarchy system?

DestinyCall wrote:

I'd argue that those kind of leaders are only fun if they are rare.  If all your leaders are total idiots, incompetency stops being amusing for me pretty darn fast.

I hope this part will be self-balancing. The more often a kind of a stupid leader shows up, the better people will be at recognizing them and taking them down.

#27 2019-12-11 23:40:16

DestinyCall

Or we all get better at ignoring potential leaders and return to a comfortable state of total anarchy and community sharing.

Why risk a bad leader when we don't really need a government at all?

#28 2019-12-12 04:04:06

MCzerotacos

With a working govenment body there also has to be incentives. Right now in this game there is no "meta". There is really no goal other than to survive and reproduce if you can. The only thing that makes people do work in town is so they could survive. This is why many small villages work so well, but when you become a big town people start to get lazy from the surplus of foods and other materials. If this were a game where it give incentives to actually work, then we might as well get a functiong government. Also, with the updates of wars and not being to able to understand other families it seperates people which just causes mistrusts amongst different families. I would definetly like to see a point based system (not the ranking system)/currency in the game. I dont know what you would do with currency but it would be quite interesting with the implications it can bring in.

#29 2019-12-12 04:24:13

jcwilk

MCzerotacos wrote:

With a working govenment body there also has to be incentives. Right now in this game there is no "meta". There is really no goal other than to survive and reproduce if you can. The only thing that makes people do work in town is so they could survive. This is why many small villages work so well, but when you become a big town people start to get lazy from the surplus of foods and other materials. If this were a game where it give incentives to actually work, then we might as well get a functiong government. Also, with the updates of wars and not being to able to understand other families it seperates people which just causes mistrusts amongst different families. I would definetly like to see a point based system (not the ranking system)/currency in the game. I dont know what you would do with currency but it would be quite interesting with the implications it can bring in.

Currency can be anything you want it to be. Oil is probably already a currency of sorts but trading doesn't work in ohol at the moment and without trading there can be no currency. Adding gold coins in would not add currency, it would just be useless objects that nobody wants

#30 2019-12-12 05:28:53

DestinyCall

Rather than just gold coins, we need a coin purse. 

Can you imagine filling your backpack with gold coins.  All four slots STUFFED with coins!   Better hope the baker is selling pies for one coin each, because you can't carry around more than five coins at once without an apron or a basket in your hands.

Board footer