One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-10 09:44:55

Spoonwood

A Quick Visual Scan Through The Coordinate Logs

I took a look here at the latest Monday txt file: http://publicdata.onehouronelife.com/pu … elife.com/   For those who don't know how to read something like this: http://publicdata.onehouronelife.com/pu … Monday.txt  there's a pair numbers in each entry enclosed in parenthesis.  The first number is the left/right or 'x-coordinate' of the position of a player.  The second number is the up/down or 'y-coordinate' of the position of a player.  Negative numbers mean either left or down, while positive numbers either mean right or left.

Scanning through that I consistently saw numbers at -40,000 or (ordinal) numbers preceding -40,000 (e. g. -41,000 precedes -40,000) for the left/right coordinate, and the number which had the least (cardinal) number of predecessors was something like -37,000.  Each number represents one tile.  The Tarr Monument is at (0, 0).  This means that players are 37,000 tiles, or equivalently 37k, away from the Tarr Monument  on bigserver2.  The Eve zigzag moves up and down and tends left only.  So, you won't be seeing the Tarr Monument without any sort of reset of the map (the apocalypse does NOT move players with respect to their position on the map).  It is dead content on bigserver2 at present.  Unless, I suppose some family took up an intergenerational project of trying to get there, and navigated north to south intelligently.

Also, I did see some numbers that had their up/down coordinate succeeding 0 and others preceding 0.  Some were positive, others were negative.  The range seemed within (-1000, 1000), which is 2000 tiles.  Thus, it seems like very few, and probably no, players currently live all that far up or down on the map on bs2.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2019-12-10 09:50:01)

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

Board footer