One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-27 20:07:15

Harmi

Story of Eve's escape

Eve was born in a small area surrounded by adobe walls. It was kind of a prison, but not the worst one since there was plentiful of all the possible resources, including all types of food, clay, branches, trees etc. The builder of her prison was even thoughtful to make a room filled with pet snakes for Eve to enjoy. Basically she had almost everything, except freedom. One tree was blocking her way out of the adobe prison.

So Eve decided that she should cut the blocking tree out from her way to be free. To do so, she would need to make an iron ax and shovel because everyone knows that it's impossible to jump over stumps.

It was not a simple task to start doing since it has many different steps from start to finish. At astart she would need to make a campfire, that is a complex technological thing and takes years of her life to set up. However, after a few years, she finally made the campfire and she would start working with the iron. And oh dear how much she was working with it. To make the tools to escape, she would first need to make tools to make tools. She realized that she cannot forge with stone the iron to become anything else than a hammer. So that was her first goal. To make a real iron hammer.

While doing all that, she realized that her life was build up to be a memory puzzle. She was not only prisoned into the adobe prison but also into the abstract memory maze where she, instead of walking, would need to remember everything correctly in order to be able to follow the path of ancients. Otherwise, she wouldn't be able to progress. If she made any mistakes, the memory puzzle would punish her. She, for example, lost the campfire a few times and always to make it back, it would take some precious years of her short life to make it come back.

The forging hammer was only a tool to make other tools but very important one. When she removed the hot iron from the adobe kiln, or whatever and hit it with the rock, it instantly became a smithing hammer head. It was so hot, that it took several months to cool down and become an item that is safe to handle. And only after that, she would be able to take it and install it to a wooden handle to be able to use it as a tool to make the rest of the tools needed.

Now she would leave the adobe prison. She was watching her finished product, untouched brand new smithing hammer head, the key of her freedom, and then it was her time to leave the prison at the age of 60 years.

Last edited by Harmi (2019-11-27 20:11:59)

#2 2019-11-27 20:42:22

Coconut Fruit

Re: Story of Eve's escape

That was funny :P

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#3 2019-11-27 21:19:50

Grim_Arbiter

This was a good story. Definitely gave me memories of learning the Smithing there in that adobe prison. Also made me realize how good it feels to get over that hump, and how it becomes second nature. Getting out of that prison would be a cakewalk for me now, even if the whole layout changed and everything moved around. It's weird to get good because you tend to forget where you came from, and tend to forget that everyone has to go over the hurdle.

Even after that though, there's still the superfreaks like tarr and the Koreans, who could build a massive structure in one life, where it would take a pretty good player about 3 lives. They're the inspirations, and still push the boundaries of what is possible.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#4 2019-11-28 00:09:13

NotAnotherBird

I recently spent some time in the ol’ tutorial. I got my shovel and axe made, ready to break out, but ... ooops... chopping a yew is hungry work now, and I was too old (55ish)  to have enough pips to accomplish it. I wish it were a pine instead of a yew.

But I just have to get faster!

Last edited by NotAnotherBird (2019-11-28 00:14:27)

#5 2019-11-28 00:42:42

Coconut Fruit

Once you are out you can go south or north and if lucky you can meet another person doing smith challenge. Just make a bow and kill her big_smile
Killing in tutorial lmao.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#6 2019-11-28 00:45:00

Harmi

Coconut Fruit wrote:

Once you are out you can go south or north and if lucky you can meet another person doing smith challenge. Just make a bow and kill her big_smile
Killing in tutorial lmao.

That would be very cruel thing to do. yikes

In fact, I was thinking that if I got out, I would go to the north and free someone else. tongue

That would give her very much more additional time out from the prison and she would be able to go north also and free someone else who would have even more additional free time. I don't know what would they do with that time, but anyways.

Last edited by Harmi (2019-11-28 00:56:01)

#7 2019-11-28 00:58:08

Grim_Arbiter

Harmi wrote:

That would be very cruel thing to do. yikes

In fact, I was thinking that if I got out, I would go to the north and free someone else. tongue

That would give her very much more additional time out from the prison and she would be able to go north also and free someone else who would have even more additional free time. I don't know what would they do with that time, but anyways.

Lol there's a video by twisted where someone broke into his tutorial and told him they were "pest control" or something like that, and then went and stabbed all the snakes in the room full of snakes.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#8 2019-11-28 04:18:07

Spoonwood

Nice read!

Eve's campfire can become a bit more forgiving, since there exists one piece of firewood in the tutorial area.  It's also possible to make a sledge there and drag resources to the tutorial area with the iron, and in my opinion, that's well worth if you want to do more there.

Also, though Eve has a good quantity of food for her, I wouldn't say that she has all types of food.  I would say that she barely has any types of food.  Potential yum in the tutorial area barely even exists.  She also doesn't have access to a rubber tree or a palm tree.  With lucky nearby locations it use to be that, starting from that prison, it's possible for an Eve to tap into an iron vein, or to make a newcomen atmospheric core or to make a horsecart.  Then again, how biome spawning has changed might have changed such possibilities, I don't know.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#9 2019-11-28 12:43:58

MrShuriken

Surprisingly I never struggled too much in this game, I mean I didn't starve to death from lack of berries etc.
I think this is because when I first joined I was a griefer, This forced me to learn to smith (to make knives) and to make clothes (To hold things).
Furthermore after yall called me a clown I tried to learn to start an eve family, which made me learn to farm and therefore learn to do everything by myself.
So I guess griefing was good for one thing xD, Probably more efficient to just learn by asking questions though.
But nowadays I'm kinda confused at how helpless some of these players are, really it's just confusing, have they never picked up a keyboard before?
Good story, reminded me of some things

#10 2019-11-28 14:45:26

Greenwood

Surely there's an easier way to break out of the adobe prison? An adobe wall can be broken with a bowl of water and a pickaxe. I can't remember if there's any water in the tutorial, though. If there is then that's one less tool to have to make.

#11 2019-11-28 15:52:11

Spoonwood

Greenwood wrote:

Surely there's an easier way to break out of the adobe prison? An adobe wall can be broken with a bowl of water and a pickaxe. I can't remember if there's any water in the tutorial, though. If there is then that's one less tool to have to make.

Nope, no water in the tutorial area.  If you're going to break out, you need to make a hammer, axe, and a shovel.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

Board footer