One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-11 09:59:41

dana

Help! Haven't been playing for a while

Can somebody give me a run down on what the heck happened? I didn't play for a week or two, and now there's horses and rattlesnakes and every time you spawn you will spawn far away from civilisation?? Also apocalypses??? And people are saying not to seed carrots? Why?? I'm confused as heck.

#2 2018-04-11 10:03:35

InSpace

Re: Help! Haven't been playing for a while

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=853

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=957

There were apocalypses for a couple of days, but they were inactivated. But maps have been reset as a result. When you respawn as an eve, it is much further away from previously played areas, so finding abandoned towns is pretty much not happening. Also if an area hasn't been visited it gets reset to wilderness after 24 hours.

So new gameplay is pretty much starting from scratch with every eve almost. The game is running alot better now after being resetted because theres less objects for the game to keep track of.

#3 2018-04-11 10:08:04

dana

Thank you!

#4 2018-04-11 14:07:25

Baker

The reason why people are saying not to seed carrots is that farming was made harder. We now need worms in order to make compost, worms are a finite resource. We don't let carrots seed because we are trying to preserve soil for long as we can, we are now using wild carrots to get seeds.

Expect a lot more wild eves and low tech settlements then we had before, There is still an advanced civ every now and then but less of them. Once a family line dies out future eves will not spawn anywhere near that civ, plus they get wiped if abandoned for more then 24 hours.

So yeah, a lot less advanced civs but they still happen. The eve's descendants just have to continue surviving long enough to make progress.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#5 2018-04-11 14:19:01

Mugatu86

Keep in mind that on next update, carrot seeds will no longer respawn

Board footer