One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-20 01:44:20

Legs

Tattoos and Family Specialty

Has anyone been able to make tattoos work?

It's an interesting way to add in-game culture to jungle people in this update, similar to how only desert people can get alum to dye clothing. You need a jungle person to tattoo. So, sometimes jungle people have tattoos or if they're lucky a white person might be able to get one too. I've tried to craft them a couple of times now. It's a little difficult because you need salt water from a tundra biome to make the ink. It doesn't seem to work, even after today's update. I've tried using several of the item combinations from onetech like short shaft and tattoo needle, rubber tree cutting plus tattoo needle etc. I've tried tattooing other people or them tattooing me. I've tried doing it inside of the jungle. Nothing is working.

The tattoo textures on onetech say they're uncraftable. The craftable ones like "Stomach Tattoo no_replace emot_26_-1" have no texture. Onetech tells me that the tattoo needle itself is deadly.

Is this just broken or am I missing something?

Loco Motion

#2 2019-11-20 02:03:45

Keyin

Re: Tattoos and Family Specialty

Did you shift right click while holding the needle? I think I saw somewhere that it functions like snowball/knife

#3 2019-11-20 02:05:49

jasonrohrer
Administrator

You have to shift-right-click to tattoo, just like throwing a snowball or any other on-player action.

Your "victim" will [GASP].

It's working on my test servers, though I haven't actually tried it in the wild.

Hopefully someone can confirm that this is actually working.

Biome limits are NOT enforced on low-pop servers, so the other option is to spawn there with a friend to test it.

#4 2019-11-20 02:19:36

Legs

jasonrohrer wrote:

You have to shift-right-click to tattoo

That's a little unintuitive, but I appreciate the answer. In hindsight I guess the "deadly" tag on onetech hints at this. Looking at them now, snowballs have the same tag. Next time I get a chance I'll try it.

Can you tattoo yourself then, or only other players? Can you make more than one tattoo on a single player? If not, does the newest tattoo overwrite the previous one?

Loco Motion

#5 2019-11-20 02:41:21

DestinyCall

Would it be possible to allow other color options, so single family villages can get tattoos?

Many dyes can be used in primative tattooing.  Not just solid black.

#6 2019-11-20 02:42:32

jasonrohrer
Administrator

You can't tattoo yourself.

There is no limit on tattoos on one player.  Though repeating the same tattoo twice doesn't do anything (the client ignores the repeat).  But you can mix and match the 6 different tattoos.  There are 64 unique appearance combinations.

The same mechanism (permanent emotes) can be used for makeup, jewelry, and some other things like that.

#7 2019-11-20 06:52:25

Keyin

jasonrohrer wrote:

You can't tattoo yourself.

There is no limit on tattoos on one player.  Though repeating the same tattoo twice doesn't do anything (the client ignores the repeat).  But you can mix and match the 6 different tattoos.  There are 64 unique appearance combinations.

The same mechanism (permanent emotes) can be used for makeup, jewelry, and some other things like that.

Can we get some cool scars? So when I give my grandpa deathbed speech I can tell the kids at the campfire, "I got this scar from a griefer, and this one that time a wolf caught me by surprise".

#8 2019-11-20 07:44:12

Coconut Fruit

Keyin wrote:

Can we get some cool scars? So when I give my grandpa deathbed speech I can tell the kids at the campfire, "I got this scar from a griefer, and this one that time a wolf caught me by surprise".

People would want to get stabbed and healed just to have scars.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#9 2019-11-20 08:42:23

DestinyCall

Reminds me of the time I let someone stab me so they could practice healing wounds.   I forgot that you can't drop the bloody knife for a long time. 

Fortunately, someone else was nearby and saved my dumb ass before I bled out.

#10 2019-11-20 22:02:55

D3mon1cblack

jasonrohrer wrote:

You have to shift-right-click to tattoo, just like throwing a snowball or any other on-player action.

Your "victim" will [GASP].

It's working on my test servers, though I haven't actually tried it in the wild.

Hopefully someone can confirm that this is actually working.

Biome limits are NOT enforced on low-pop servers, so the other option is to spawn there with a friend to test it.

it got tested on server 15 and it seems like its working as intended

im eve groot or eve degroot and if i dont care and spawn next to an item ill call myself eve (itemname)
420 mushroom cultist and proud of it!

#11 2019-11-20 22:23:01

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Thanks for testing it!

Scars are a great idea.  I think the permanent emotes could be used for that.

Board footer