One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-12 09:04:14

Thaulos

Posse targeting range & kill action

So earlier today a newbie outside my screen tried killing sheep with bow and started an unintentional posse on me.

I completely missed the emote and the [gasp] thing for whatever reason, maybe the zoom, maybe the fact that my brain probably didn't even consider this to be possible. I ended up dying and felt kind of bad for causing the entire situation to escalate. (sorry!)

But that got me thinking. Maybe the posse targeting range is too wide? Why was the newbie able to target me when I'm not even visible on her screen?

There is also the inconsistencies regarding the "kill" command.

This is from the in-game menu:
unknown.png

It doesn't specify "kill humans". Just "kill". It is entirely possible for newbies to read that and mistakenly use it to try to kill sheep or other animals.

There also seems to be a lot of inconsistencies on how to "kill stuff". Left-click, right-click and shift-right-click all "kill stuff". Behavior also changes (I think) depending on whether or not you are moving when you do the clicking.

Jason, maybe this could use some attention? Probably not the most pressing issue but I definitely think it's something that should be addressed at some point.

EDIT: here is the video: https://youtu.be/rZLTwhA7piM

Last edited by Thaulos (2019-11-12 09:07:58)

#2 2019-11-12 09:22:28

fug

Re: Posse targeting range & kill action

Related thread: https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7906

Kill command range for bow is 7 tiles away from the target which looks like this in normal zoom
272OFNL.jpg

And like this when you actually zoom out showing how far you can actually input from:
ZC46cda.jpg

When attacking someone with a bow you have 42 tiles to click around a player to issue a kill command demonstrated here (this is just tiles you click around the player vs maximum range of issuing command)
m1lpce5.jpg

Because the range is so far on a bow it's possible for someone to walk in off screen and appear nude due to loading which is classically seen by seeing babies poof into adult or what looks like speed hackers but really are just people riding horses from off screen.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

Board footer