One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-07 13:06:18

karltown_veteran

Suggestion: mushrooms

What if mushrooms in soil pits grew a lot faster but there was only a 1 in 4 chance to get a psilocybe mushroom? Other types of mushroom could include:
Chaga mushroom: a medicinal mushroom. Maybe if you’re wounded, being fed a chaga mushroom keeps you alive for a solid five minutes (providing you are fed in those five minutes). Or, chaga mushrooms cure yellow fever?
Toadstool: A toadstool attracts wild frogs, which can be used to make frog skin gloves.
Cooking mushroom: can be fried or put into pies.

Not really sure what mushrooms could do yet. You could take out the chaga and toadstool altogether and just keep the cooking mushroom, but since cheese and flapjacks are on the horizon I figured we could definitely use mushrooms. I mean, mushroom pancakes are great!

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#2 2019-11-07 13:17:25

arkajalka

Re: Suggestion: mushrooms

Mushrooms play a huge part in natural decomposing cycle too. Shrooms could play a part in the composting cycle.

unshitted wet compost pile + shroom + shit = twice the soil

Theres edible , medical , poisonous and psycoactive shrooms. Some strains are pretty easy to cultivate too. Deffo think shrooms have huge potential than being just occasional extra yum and troll tool.

Maybe the mediacl shrooms would need some chemistry kinda thing to separate the good ingredients from the bad.
Extrating, separating, mixing or whatever. Form into pill git buff or if the mixture is bad debuff/DEAD.

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

#3 2019-11-07 16:07:33

PeebleCreek

Re: Suggestion: mushrooms

Absolutely love this idea! I've always felt like the mushrooms are severely underutilized. Especially as an avid (cooking) mushroom enthusiast IRL.

I always name my first daughter Amala, and my first son Damen.

Board footer