One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-03 01:34:54

Stormyzabeast

We really need an arc

It's miserable out heeya!

I am Eve Toadvine. I name my kids Alex, Jason, Jake, Holly and Disney characters. Forager and road builder extraordinaire!

#2 2019-11-03 02:03:08

betame

Re: We really need an arc

What's it like?
I hear there's no oil.
Is there water or iron being found for farming?
Are people surviving off of wild food?
How do towns look?
How are people behaving?

Morality is the interpretation of what is best for the well-being of humankind.
List of Guides | Resources per Food | Yum? | Temperature | Crafting Info: https://onetech.info

#3 2019-11-03 02:08:36

fug

betame wrote:

What's it like?
I hear there's no oil.
How do towns look?
How are people behaving?

There's still a working newcomen on the map but most people aren't near/around it. Oil is gone but people still have plenty of ponds to fetch water from if they wanted to keep farming like normal.

Good players always survive off of wild food, newer players are definitely dying a lot easier than normal since it's harder for them to get food and depend on those willing to make decent food. Towns in generally are just cemeteries as new players die, some people are trying to hunt gingers, and lack of skilled players willing to carry the end of the arc is lowering.

People are doing the normal "eNd tHe aRc." thing where they start killing off the weaker of two families. Game is far from being completely unlivable but we've reached the point where people willing to grit their teeth and keep going getting outnumbered by the people wanting reset.

Game is still 100% livable without oil. We still have a working newcomen water pump, there's still tons of natural soil, ponds are out the kazoo, and we still have untapped iron veins.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#4 2019-11-03 05:29:51

Stormyzabeast

fug wrote:
betame wrote:

What's it like?
I hear there's no oil.
How do towns look?
How are people behaving?

There's still a working newcomen on the map but most people aren't near/around it. Oil is gone but people still have plenty of ponds to fetch water from if they wanted to keep farming like normal.

Good players always survive off of wild food, newer players are definitely dying a lot easier than normal since it's harder for them to get food and depend on those willing to make decent food. Towns in generally are just cemeteries as new players die, some people are trying to hunt gingers, and lack of skilled players willing to carry the end of the arc is lowering.

People are doing the normal "eNd tHe aRc." thing where they start killing off the weaker of two families. Game is far from being completely unlivable but we've reached the point where people willing to grit their teeth and keep going getting outnumbered by the people wanting reset.

Game is still 100% livable without oil. We still have a working newcomen water pump, there's still tons of natural soil, ponds are out the kazoo, and we still have untapped iron veins.

Yup. Everything's still working but it's not. It's really weird. Babies keep dying off. The families are getting along. It's the Mont and First's left. Not many Months were alive and they were gone suicide but then they just didn't -_-

Jasonnnnnnn!!!!! Please end this misery

I am Eve Toadvine. I name my kids Alex, Jason, Jake, Holly and Disney characters. Forager and road builder extraordinaire!

#5 2019-11-03 07:02:50

Gomez

only the strong survive is ez if you know the swamp and stew the days of living on the petroleum nipple are ovah! tongue

Last edited by Gomez (2019-11-03 07:11:42)

#6 2019-11-03 08:27:04

DestinyCall

Stormyzabeast wrote:

Not gonna happen.  His bathtub is only half full of gamer tears.   

This arc will continue until it is FULL.

#7 2019-11-03 08:32:47

Stormyzabeast

Gomez wrote:

only the strong survive is ez if you know the swamp and stew the days of living on the petroleum nipple are ovah! tongue

I have no problem living to old age. It's just getting boring and repetitive af

#8 2019-11-03 08:40:37

Stormyzabeast

DestinyCall wrote:
Stormyzabeast wrote:

Not gonna happen.  His bathtub is only half full of gamer tears.   

This arc will continue until it is FULL.

I know. I mean end this arc crap, period

#9 2019-11-03 08:47:35

DestinyCall

We can't get rid of the Rift until we know what will happen when we completely run out of oil/iron/water.

We have never run out of oil completely.   There's always some left somewhere before the arc collapses for one reason or another.    But what if all the oil is gone?    It is a deep mystery.    No one knows what will happen next.   

So please ... for the love of Nosaj ... Build more cars.

#10 2019-11-03 09:44:41

miskas

Why Someone hasn't Build an end tower at the center of the map already?

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#11 2019-11-03 10:06:53

MrShuriken

DestinyCall wrote:

Do you genuinely want that?
Id happily build more cars, I used to do that before everyone got mad at me, Respond yes or no

#12 2019-11-03 19:34:50

DestinyCall

MrShuriken wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:

Id happily build more cars, I used to do that before everyone got mad at me, Respond yes or no

I want the Rift experiment to reach some kind of conclusion so Jason will be satisfied with the data he has collected and we can all move on to something better.   Since the stated goal is "oil depletion" and building more cars would help to accelerated the process ... yes, I want to see people building more cars and using them as much as possible.

It is the most efficient path to freedom.

#13 2019-11-04 19:52:36

PeebleCreek

DestinyCall wrote:
MrShuriken wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:

I want the Rift experiment to reach some kind of conclusion so Jason will be satisfied with the data he has collected and we can all move on to something better.   Since the stated goal is "oil depletion" and building more cars would help to accelerated the process ... yes, I want to see people building more cars and using them as much as possible.

It is the most efficient path to freedom.

So is our new goal as a society to just waste as much oil as possible so Jason can find a new, fresh way to torture us all?

I always name my first daughter Amala, and my first son Damen.

#14 2019-11-04 20:39:07

DestinyCall

I'm open to other solutions, if you can think of something that might work.

#15 2019-11-04 21:08:24

miskas

The idea is that as soon as Jason has all the stats he needs to balance the game, the rift will be gone.
So we just give them to him.

Last edited by miskas (2019-11-04 21:08:43)

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#16 2019-11-06 05:36:43

Tempted

miskas wrote:

The idea is that as soon as Jason has all the stats he needs to balance the game, the rift will be gone.
So we just give them to him.

Lol

#17 2019-11-06 06:22:35

DestinyCall

Hehehehehe ...

Board footer