One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-02 07:52:54

Vexenie

Alcohol in game

(I haven't quit ohol)

I once posted a topic on fruit trees, in which people included apple cider in relevance to apple trees.

That made me think, how would alcohol (if added) would behave? Like it IS alcohol, so there is some effect to it? Or is it just a drink in game?

Nevertheless, I think there should be a penalty type of thing, when you have drunk like 3 mugs of beer, cider, goblets of wine and such.
Maybe a bit blurry edges on your screen and near your character is not blurry, still sharp view.

I enjoy the simpler things in life, but only if I'm calm.

#2 2019-11-02 09:36:09

Dodge

Re: Alcohol in game

Slurred speech, impaired movement, blurry vision

Wouldn't be too hard to have effects for it.

But issue is if it only nerfs you then there is no reason to drink it

Shrooms have an interesting visual effect so it justifies eating it, but if alcohol only impairs you then nobody would drink cider,wine or beer in game.

And the cold resistance is only a myth, you still are cold you just dont realize it.

I can think of one interesting effect, since alcohol makes you more sociable, maybe you could be able to communicate with other families that dont speak the same language as you more easily.

When you are drunk you could understand foreign language better, some words are translated the letters are closer to your own language etc.

So to make peace you would gather with other families and drink a pit together, and then the next morning forget that you made peace the day before tongue

#3 2019-11-02 12:43:06

Vexenie

Dodge wrote:

So to make peace you would gather with other families and drink a pit together, and then the next morning forget that you made peace the day before tongue

Yes, let's have drinking parties big_smile

I enjoy the simpler things in life, but only if I'm calm.

#4 2019-11-02 18:20:04

Toxolotl

In terms of the cold residence. From what i understand alcohol thins the blood and allows your circulatory system to still function under extreme temperatures. You also loose heat faster while its in you system but that's why the saint bernards were trained to cover you to increase your body temperature. Normal body temp of a dog is 101-102 F.

#5 2019-11-02 21:58:05

Legs

Alright, so barrels are large items that can be picked up and carried when empty. Made from planks and two rounds plus rope. Works exactly like a crock. Put in a bowl of wheat plus a bowl of water then heat on simmering coals to make beer. Take an empty bowl to the barrel to drink. Feeds maybe 6 pips and prevents tool use for 10s, which maybe stacks for each drink in a row. Maybe it also extends your speech limit during this timeframe. We can mix different ingredients in the barrel to produce a couple other drinks too. Building a distiller attachment which turns it into some stronger spirits for example.

The beer would be a low-tech low-investment food source. Doesn't feed many pips but it's useful for chaining yum and is easy to produce. It disincentives work while enabling the player to chat more effectively. It might seem like a recipe for a town full of lazy drunks, but hard workers will resent that and the population will police itself. On the other hand, it's a recipe for strong communication in an update that promotes cooperation. Set up a few barrels in the middle of town and watch the rumor mill work. Spend some time at the pub advertising for a woodcutter and one will appear. Let people know about that suspicious kid running around with a bow or that stranger on the edge of town. Recruit an assistant to help with the building project you're working on. It would be nice to have even a few more characters to type with instead of trying to work out a deal through clipped bits of text.

Loco Motion

Board footer