One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-31 19:01:25

Thaulos

I was the keeper of knowledge

Interesting thing happen today. I get born in Klank town to a mother fetching water from ponds. Turns out oil is supposedly all out.

With the oil out and people resorting to fetching water from ponds, which effectively don't regenerate, the most useful job was to find oil and, if that failed, ponds.

I decided to go find potential water sources, and unexpectedly found a deep well still able to be used!

I go back to town and make 3 blank maps, get a pencil and look around in town for additional maps I can explore. It was at that moment I realized that in order for town to survive we needed information! We need to be as efficient as possible in getting more water. That means we need to keep the information in an accessible and practical way. Water is now scarce and having a shortage of it for even 10 minutes can be disastrous to the town. People should be able to go get water ASAP as soon as they detect that water is running out.

I explore looking for wells, ponds, old towns with cisterns, oil rigs (didn't find any) or even kerosene (didn't find any either). Made some maps and additional notes on those maps.

I didn't force this, it just turned out to be the most useful thing to town at that time so I just did it. It is quite interesting that it was like that, never happened before!

By the end I mapped:
- Heaver town which had filled cisterns.
- Still existing deep well which could be turned into newcomen later on.
- two relatively untouched pond areas in which we could get a couple cisterns worth of water from.

unknown.png
The knowledge room. Each basket different location or group of locations. Notes added when relevant.

unknown.png
Example of map + note basket. Map to heaven town and a note on what to expect there and why it is useful.

unknown.png
Exploration kit, pencil and rubber ball on backpack. Collecting random maps and old notes made it easier to get materials to store knowledge on.

Last edited by Thaulos (2019-10-31 21:51:41)

#2 2019-10-31 20:04:08

Joseph Stalin

Re: I was the keeper of knowledge

cool, cant wait for servers to have thousands of people all in different nations... if the game gets that far that is

remember 2b2t was unknown for half of its lifetime

#3 2019-10-31 21:39:52

Gomez

That's boss man, Jason has really given us some good tools.  So valuable what you did.  A++ in my book I really gotta starting stocking hearth with blank blue paper more. 

Time stamping maps also important on salvage maps too...any bright on idea on a short hand way to deliver time?  Ref the century?  C. short for century? with worded #?

Last edited by Gomez (2019-10-31 21:43:42)

#4 2019-10-31 22:27:23

denriguez

Hey, can you link to your lineage? I think I might've been your grandma. I was Bonita Klank and sent one of my kids out with a horse cart full of empty buckets to keep the town alive. Great work on the maps! http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=5445002

#5 2019-10-31 22:55:01

Thaulos

Board footer