One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-30 15:07:13

Coconut Fruit

How this game would look like with thousands of people playing.

So, we know that about 1000 people buy this game every month. I'm not really sure why Jason isn't trying to make them keep playing for more than one game, but definitely this game could be played by that many people at the same time.

How do you imagine this game would look like with so many people?

I think if we had so many people, we could make different servers with different gameplay variations.
One server with a rift, another with an infinite map, another with more hardcore pvp - always in war with other families and with no way to being born to another family before your dies out. Another with more hardcore survival - a family living in very small rift with very limited resources. Another with some kind of multi-rift - many rifts on an infinite map that would partially overlap with themselves - a family couldn't go any further than borders of their rift, but would meet other families who share some part of the territory.

What ideas do you have?

And what is your opinion on why new people stop playing so quickly? Jason says this game isn't for everyone, but I think it's for everyone who bought it - they clearly liked the gameplay if they bought it, right?

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#2 2019-10-30 15:32:12

MapleSugar

Re: How this game would look like with thousands of people playing.

I think, this is why OHOL is TOO hard to play. Now most of well site dry, kerosin is very precious item, And tool system...
So, game needs to be easier and more exciting to get more player. For example, addition modern item(gas lighter, CD player, ATOMIC POWERED ROBOT), or change well site can't dry.
I'm so sad that a few players play in game.

Sorry for my poor English sad

Sorry my poor english.
---  ....  ---  .-..

#3 2019-10-30 15:58:44

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Re: How this game would look like with thousands of people playing.

Just because 1000 people buy the game each month doesn't mean that they would all play the game at the same moment.

There are 744 hours each month, right?

Anyway, yesterday we had 533 unique players.  So a good portion of the people who bought the game this month play every day.

On Saturday (biggest day), we had 687 unique players.

In the month of October, so far, we had 4358 unique players.

So most people don't play every day, clearly, and have certain days/times when they play.

Board footer