One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-27 10:35:50

Gomez

KEEP MAKING THIS GAME!

I've played a lot of survival games....the pacing purpose and flow it work.  Jason has done what EVERY OTHER PVP SURVIVAL GAME HAS FAILED TO DO!  Resources matter...conflict is player driven and meaningful...there's art creativity competence inheritance.  It's a culture simulator and you have to work together get along and progress or go the way of the dodo.  It's legit fun in it's current state.

I took a huge break OHOL around the item decay update...I had my doubts, I was salty, I called it a trash simulator.  I took a break item decay was scaled back things got better.

I came back and am hooked again...will I have a moment where a patch does some things I dont like?  Without a doubt but hey I exited to see where it goes personally.

It's a fast paced culture creation survival simulator it isn't safe and the most dangerous thing in the world is other players....honestly I like the direction it is going....fighting over oil oh the irony.  What I like most it's real people get attached while a simulation the experiences are frighteningly similar to how we got to where we are now imho. 

Keep making your game Jason we all probably gonna hate and love you at one moment or another. 

-peace...wait I MEAN WAR!

#2 2019-10-27 11:05:59

Dantox

Re: KEEP MAKING THIS GAME!

what a fun parenting simulator

make bread, no war

#3 2019-10-27 12:02:41

Thaulos

Jason clone detected!

Just kidding big_smile

I'll have to second this. Even if I bitch a lot regarding some changes and parts of the game that aren't as good as they probably could/should be, at the end of the day it is still one of the best games I have ever played.

#4 2019-10-27 18:27:21

WalrusesConquer

I took a brief break to play other games, but I couldn't stay away for too long! It's pretty unique and definitely the only mmo parenting simulator I've seen (correct me if wrong)

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#5 2019-10-28 00:45:19

schmloo

People bitch about the game and it’s flaws because they want to see it get better, not worse and more tedious with updates from the rift’s implementation to rabbit baiting. I still haven’t made up my mind about tool limitations, because on one hand I like the idea of pushing towards professions and labour trade, but on the other it makes it MUCH more unlikely for experienced players to rekindle a town (no pun intended) because all of those slots have already been used for more mundane and important things, instead of the rarely-touched bow drill in late game.

Insert OHOL-related signature here

#6 2019-10-28 09:16:46

Lexyvil

I have to agree, there are no other games like this. With this much potential, I can only see it get more improvement. It's a concept that should still be mined before someone or some game company makes their own version with their own quirks to popularize it.

Last edited by Lexyvil (2019-10-28 09:20:10)

Board footer