One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-23 07:32:56

Jk Howling

OHOL Questionnaire; Do you still play? Why or why not?

Just a brief questionnaire directed towards people who still play the game, and those who might still be active in the community but no longer play quite as often.

Questionnaire link click me.

This is solely done out of curiosity, not to hate on the game or jason. Would rather this not become an opinion fight fest, nor a hatred circlejerk, but feel free to expand on your answers in the thread. I'm genuinely curious as to how often y'all play and what keeps you drawn to the game, or what pushed you away from it. I want to hear the community's side of things in a more organized format.

Responses are visible to the public, but submissions remain anonymous unless you want to discuss it further on the thread. Would love to see y'all expand on your answers.

Questions included:

Do you still play regularly? How often?

If so, what keeps you interested in playing? If not, what caused you to stop?

What are your favorite aspects of the game right now? What are your least favorite?

What do you think could improve the current gameplay?

-Has ascended to better games-

#2 2019-10-23 14:00:01

StrongForce

Re: OHOL Questionnaire; Do you still play? Why or why not?

Did the survey
Nice idea to do it hope lots of players do it

Baby dance!!

#3 2019-10-23 15:17:11

MultiLife

Jk Howling wrote:

Questions included:

What are your favorite aspects of the game right now? What are your least favorite?

Answering here because google wants me to log in for that and I am not going to.

1. Once a month or less.

2. Possibility of getting a wholesome life. Playing less due to weird design choices which I have no interest in (such as Rift).

3. I like PvE, I like to help out towns and families, I like teaching, I like teamwork/co-op, I like simple peaceful lives.
I don’t like genocide, magical property fences and magical swords, I don’t like rift, I don’t like apocalypse.

4. Removing rift (if we can break out then it’s fine, like an island), removing apocalypse, adding a save slot for player’s own camp so they can have a personal project or a way to get it back, adding more PvE like diseases or infertile land, fertilizer and farming where the plant gets better through generations of farming, making biomes valid for survival, better animal AI, tracking and different ways to hunt and make traps.

Last edited by MultiLife (2019-10-23 15:29:36)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#4 2019-10-23 20:31:01

Jk Howling

MultiLife wrote:

Answering here because google wants me to log in for that and I am not going to.

Sorry 'bout that, was the easiest way to encourage it to be one answer per person.
Thanks for the response!

Last edited by Jk Howling (2019-10-23 20:31:12)

-Has ascended to better games-

#5 2019-10-23 20:41:17

WalrusesConquer

I mean with the rift you can always find your way to your project. Unless there's a mass murder or some troll, you should be able to build it up a lot. Unfortunately  (I'm not sure if it's the moon alignment or a school holiday or a bored person or hat) the former seems to be happening much more regularly

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#6 2019-10-23 22:03:58

Coconut Fruit

I'm having a break from OHOL. I wrote more about it here but should do it here since it fits more here, didn't see this topic :P

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#7 2019-10-24 00:39:01

Jojigirl

Jk Howling wrote:

Questions included:

1: Maybe once a month or so..  I went from a few games every other night to rarely playing at all.

2:The rift. Made each life pretty much the same.. Took out the exploring aspect which I loved.. I love tracking down abandoned or live villages.. In the rift, you really cant do that because its all right there.. I also miss the randomness of being born into eve villages.

3: Exploring and randomly being born into eve villages, it helps take away the "every life is the same feeling"  That is not there anymore with the rift.  I'm an explorer, I loved tracking other towns down (abandoned or active) just by the surroundings.  It was exciting to travel seeing no signs of other life and then all of a sudden a picked berry bush, or a pulled branch.. Figuring out which way to go from there was exciting. Eventually finding more and more signs of life until you run into the village you've been hunting, that was very satisfying! I became a master tracker when it came to finding other villages.  I'm also really missing the diversity in lives, on the waiting to get born screen, not knowing if you will be born into an eve village, a mid way village, or a huge town.. Some you recognize, some you know you helped build from the ground up. Some that has been there for ages, and know exactly what village people on the forum are speaking about when they mention the town name..  I miss that.. Now it's just a box, everyone is stuck in.. No excitement, no exploring, rare chance of eve villages.. It's just not fun, it's all the same.. The rift took away everything I loved most about the game..

4: The rift

5: Take away the rift or make it much much bigger.. A way to escape eventually, something..Now everything is for nothing. There is no history with towns, everything gets wiped out very quickly.. What's the point in trying to make a village look amazing when it's just going to be wiped out within a few days.. The rift makes everything monotonous, and gives no sense of pride in your work, nor history behind it.. It's all for nothing.

#8 2019-10-24 05:58:32

Baker

I play a life occasionally but not a lot. Usually, it's only to check out what others have made. Often when I got on, Big cities have already been built and theirs not much that interests me besides looks. I've enjoyed the maps, Makes it easier to see all the towns in one life.

There was one time when the apoc happened. A lot of people suicided/died initially but we set up a camp real fast. We had tools and sheep by the time I died. Having multiple adults can really speed up setting up the basics.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#9 2019-10-24 10:21:54

testo

Jojigirl wrote:
Jk Howling wrote:

Questions included:

1: Maybe once a month or so..  I went from a few games every other night to rarely playing at all.

2:The rift. Made each life pretty much the same.. Took out the exploring aspect which I loved.. I love tracking down abandoned or live villages.. In the rift, you really cant do that because its all right there.. I also miss the randomness of being born into eve villages.

3: Exploring and randomly being born into eve villages, it helps take away the "every life is the same feeling"  That is not there anymore with the rift.  I'm an explorer, I loved tracking other towns down (abandoned or active) just by the surroundings.  It was exciting to travel seeing no signs of other life and then all of a sudden a picked berry bush, or a pulled branch.. Figuring out which way to go from there was exciting. Eventually finding more and more signs of life until you run into the village you've been hunting, that was very satisfying! I became a master tracker when it came to finding other villages.  I'm also really missing the diversity in lives, on the waiting to get born screen, not knowing if you will be born into an eve village, a mid way village, or a huge town.. Some you recognize, some you know you helped build from the ground up. Some that has been there for ages, and know exactly what village people on the forum are speaking about when they mention the town name..  I miss that.. Now it's just a box, everyone is stuck in.. No excitement, no exploring, rare chance of eve villages.. It's just not fun, it's all the same.. The rift took away everything I loved most about the game..

4: The rift

5: Take away the rift or make it much much bigger.. A way to escape eventually, something..Now everything is for nothing. There is no history with towns, everything gets wiped out very quickly.. What's the point in trying to make a village look amazing when it's just going to be wiped out within a few days.. The rift makes everything monotonous, and gives no sense of pride in your work, nor history behind it.. It's all for nothing.

Nice, now I don´t even need to type my answers. GJ.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

Board footer