One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-08 20:48:49

Lily

Nomad Civitilzation

So while everyone is busy building cities and stuff, I had a thought, what about the nomad life style? We have wagons and horses now, so there exists the possibility of taking a bunch of stuff with you. Everyone grab a wagon and move from location to location. If you got a decent group, you can bring a decent amount of stuff with you.

Possibility the biggest advantage is that you can exploit the heck out of all of the resources you come across without worry. If you want to grow all wheat and use up all the soil, it isn't that big of a deal since you can just move to a new location when the soil runs out. If newbies run around killing geese and harvesting milkweed at the wrong state, it's not a big deal since you are moving eventually anyway. Before leaving, if you want to fill up an entire wagon full of water pouches, it is no big deal if you drain all the ponds since your not coming back.

I mean, you don't have to exploit the resources, but it is an option and it isn't a big deal. If your family gets too big, just clear cut the forest and make a bunch of wagons, then you can split up. One group heading one way and the other going a different way.

Anyway, it was just a thought I had. Seems entirely legit, especially with people concerned about resources like soil running out.

#2 2018-04-08 21:17:38

OxPower

Re: Nomad Civitilzation

Getting to the point where everyone has saddled horses, wagons, the necessary tools, etc. By then you probably have a somewhat sustainable town. My advice is if you're young female in an overcrowded town with lots of young females, just pack a horse and leave on your own, start somewhere else with a bit of an easier start. It'll essentially give your lineage a "second life".

#3 2018-04-08 23:37:39

Alleria

Re: Nomad Civitilzation

Lily wrote:

So while everyone is busy building cities and stuff, I had a thought, what about the nomad life style? We have wagons and horses now, so there exists the possibility of taking a bunch of stuff with you. Everyone grab a wagon and move from location to location. If you got a decent group, you can bring a decent amount of stuff with you.

Possibility the biggest advantage is that you can exploit the heck out of all of the resources you come across without worry. If you want to grow all wheat and use up all the soil, it isn't that big of a deal since you can just move to a new location when the soil runs out. If newbies run around killing geese and harvesting milkweed at the wrong state, it's not a big deal since you are moving eventually anyway. Before leaving, if you want to fill up an entire wagon full of water pouches, it is no big deal if you drain all the ponds since your not coming back.

I mean, you don't have to exploit the resources, but it is an option and it isn't a big deal. If your family gets too big, just clear cut the forest and make a bunch of wagons, then you can split up. One group heading one way and the other going a different way.

Anyway, it was just a thought I had. Seems entirely legit, especially with people concerned about resources like soil running out.

I think it's not just "legit", but necessary. We're always going to have noobs, and undetected griefers. If there's enough girls in a tribe, and you're a girl, you really should move elsewhere.

"Words build bridges into unexplored regions"

Board footer