One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-09 08:59:38

QuirkySmirkyIan

I'm Sorry about Griefing - IMPORTANT

I really am sorry please read the whole thing as this is important to understand my feelings.

I am 13 years of age and I have some mental disorders such as autism anxiety and some kind of emotional disorder, it's not an excuse for my actions I just want to let you know that I have had a pretty rough life and this game is really fun. I started playing this game over a year ago and for the good majority of the time I was a normal kind and caring player but then something happened. I must of got bored but as people say theirs PLENTY of stuff to do... I don't know why I try making a new town or doing oil etc but I just don't. So I became a griefer... When I griefed I felt good about it in the moment but after doing it I felt pretty crappy about it. So I griefed for a few months till finally last night was just enough. I was really angry for no good reason the entire night I had a fight in discord and I'm very sorry for my disrespect towards the community. Something in particular that made me realize this is WRONG and may be even cyber bullying at this point is there was this sweet kid named Jared in our village where we killed the entire village... He just wanted to make compost and he was sweet but I killed him to stop making me sad... This game is different from Minecraft griefing it's actualy BULLYING here. I didn't realize it but last night I was very upset and I really did cry for a while about my actions. I am getting sad writing this now.

TDLR: So whats the point of this? I'm going to TRY MY HARDEST TO NEVER GRIEF AGAIN. It's just rude and sad it doesn't make you feel good it makes you feel scummy.

I'm really sorry towards all the people I griefed and was toxic to. This game is really amazing.

Open gate now. Need truck to be more efficient!

#2 2019-10-09 10:30:18

miskas

Re: I'm Sorry about Griefing - IMPORTANT

Thanks for the apology Quirky. Welcome back to the Caregivers, hope you have a nice stay:)

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#3 2019-10-09 12:08:44

QuirkySmirkyIan

Thanks for being chill about it I'm making a library at the north rift troll troller camel mutlifam town

Open gate now. Need truck to be more efficient!

#4 2019-10-09 12:17:26

MultiLife

I’m glad to hear you have realized the bads of your behavior. It’s important to stay critical over our choices and actions - we don’t need to bully and hurt each other. We can have good and bad days but we shouldn’t channel that negativity onto others. We should make this game popular and not bully each other and force each other to quit.
We all love the game anyways, we are in the same boat.

We can agree and disagree, but we should work together to make the game fun for everyone. Respect each other and let’s have fun without taking away from someone else’s fun. Let’s figure out ways to make it possible.

And everyone should remember that just because there are hundreds of items to craft, those might not be fun or meaningful to everyone. It’s not an answer, just a suggestion.

But a fact is that some people should take more breaks when playing OHOL.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#5 2019-10-09 12:36:49

happynova

Well, OK, now I feel slightly bad for getting you stabbed again. smile

I think you have it exactly right, by the way.  Griefing is a form of bullying.  I mean, not the worst form or anything, for sure, but that's still what it is.  It's messing with people who haven't done anything to you and spoiling their chill and their fun just because you can.  Which is why some of us have no tolerance for it.  I was bullied enough when I was your age.  Never willingly putting up with that crap again, y'know?  I don't want to let people make me feel like I felt when I was 13 and messed up and miserable and jerks wouldn't leave me alone, or to watch anybody doing it to someone else.  Not even in a stupid game.

And I think DestinyCall had it exactly right on the other thread with "go play somethin else for a while."  When a game gets that boring, or that frustrating, or brings out the worst in you like that, man, for your own well-being and sanity -- even before thinking about anyone else's -- it's good to take a break.  There are other things in the world to do, things that will actually make you happy.  When you're feeling like you can find interesting things to do in the game again and like you can have fun with it again without doing stuff that makes you feel scummy afterward, it'll still be there. (I took one myself a while back when I started feeling that way, and it really helped.)

Anyway, it sounds like you've come to a mature conclusion, and one that reflects a level of self-awareness too many people never achieve, so good on you!  And I hope whatever's rough in your life, it gets better for ya.

#6 2019-10-10 15:22:29

testo

Déja vu.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#7 2019-10-11 02:42:29

karltown_veteran

for real though, OHOL does muck with your feelings. I genuinely cried over one life, because I was so excited and hopeful to play. I found gold nearby and I wanted to give a crown to my baby girl because I loved her. This little boy stole my crown and then when I chased him I was stabbed. He laughed the whole time. Made me so upset.

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#8 2019-10-12 02:52:28

MrDorito (AKA: Dorito)

this was genuinely the first griefer that actually said that he will stop doing that.

you got my respect dude. that was a very great desicion, and i respect that.

#9 2019-10-12 05:17:45

Saolin

There was another similar (and older?) poster a while ago.  He hasn't posted in a while so I suspect his caregivers may have suspended his access to the program due to agitation associated with it.

QuirkySmirkyIan, I respect your honesty and integrity, I wish you the best in life and may all your villages be plentiful in water and milkweed, and if not, make them so! smile And if you can't, that is ok.

Last edited by Saolin (2019-10-12 05:58:48)

#10 2019-10-12 06:37:51

Toxic
Banned

HAHAHAHAHAHAH i remeber a lot of stuff now.
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=6427

Board footer