One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-06 23:14:04

QuirkySmirkyIan

Seasons - Update Suggestion

What if lets say every 15 years in game (number doesn't really mater.) the seasons change we would have spring summer fall and winter so each lifetime you would experience every season. I think this would be a cool idea to add depth to the game and allow for new perspective and challenges let us start with spring.

Spring - I would imagine ohol to be in a spring state but theirs no real distinct sign of it, it could be spring summer or fall maybe even winter if all the trees are evergreen. But let's just say that spring is a rainy season and the sky would be darker and it would be raining. You could even add thunder and lightning yay another way to die lol. Lightning striking would be rare and maybe it could put kindling on fire! Or since it's raining maybe we should make it so fire doesn't work at all unless you are in a fully enclosed room! Yes a purpose to a house! FIRE! I also think crops should grow 25% faster during springtime and their should be flowers exclusive to springtime! Also I saw someone state in the discord server what if milkweed would spread in the springtime! This would mean milkweed could be less of a hassle and easier to get! We could also of course have other things like exclusive animals crops that only grow in spring but I think this is already WAAY TOO MUCH to ask for! (Yes I know it won't happen but it is fun to brainstorm possible ideas! Leave your thoughts in the comments below as I really enjoy hearing them!) Moving on with summer!

Summer - Summer... summer could be a easy season or a hard season, we could go the easy route and increase the temperate a little bit so you can eat less or we could do the hard way were you can die of heat strokes its very hot in all biomes and snow is the best biome to be in heck maybe the snow melts also crops would probably grow 15% slower because summer has droughts speaking of droughts maybe pounds would dry up wells would slowy evaporate? Summer could be a heat bonus and maybe some other features you guys can think of or it can be a hellhole maybe to counteract the hellhole we could introduce air condition, fans, coolers for food oh yeah food could decay as well without a cooler. We could make tools to make summer easier or we can make summer boring. moving on to fall...

Fall - The bountiful harvest we could make it so pumpkins and apples (one of my previous suggestions.) would be exclusive to the fall and we could also make it so regular crops yield extra for example carrots give 6 or 7 corn gives 2 more berries give 3 more etc we could also do more seeds from crops and the best part the leaves on all the trees would be fall themed orange and yellow trees ftw! This would probably require a lot of coding tho... Moving on to the a cold one winter!

Winter - A different season where instead of being a little could you would be a lot cold! If you are naked you will freeze to death in a minute and need to be wearing atleast 3 clothing arcticles to stay alive! Also crops would have a 35% more growth time and would possibly yield less crops! Also there would be no leafs on the trees meaning you can't start a fire to stay warm unless you have something ive been wanting in the game for a while! Lighter/Matches/Flint and Steel, a easier way to make a fire then getting all the leaves you can just click on the kindling pile with it and boom you have fire it would have a durability like tools as well. You could also have a heater like the air condtioning i mentioned earlier but heats a room!

I think these would all be really cool features to see added to the game and make it much much different enjoyable challenge also THE MOST IMPORTANT PART I FORGOT TO MENTION IS! The seasons would only start AFTER the eve spiral ends! If it was on during eves all of them would probably die out...

Open gate now. Need truck to be more efficient!

Board footer