One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-03 17:56:16

Saolin

Display name and gene score don't appear on login

My "bug report" about this didn't get any attention, and so I got to wondering if this is maybe intentional?

When I log on my display name and leaderboard position do not display immediately. They used to up until a couple weeks ago. And when I search on the leaderboard my display name is not there also. After I play a life everything reappears as normal.  The reason this is annoying is life score usually is down immediately following a life as there are usually some early deaths in the family, and those that will bring it back up still haven't died yet. I don't feel like logging back on a few hours later just to see my ranking and usually just wait until the next time I play, but by then it's gone again. It seems to last at least a few hours before disappearing, but definitely not more than 24 hours.

Is this by design to keep people from sitting on a high rating? If so that makes sense, but I personally feel that <24 hours is too short.

#2 2019-10-03 18:06:28

Thaulos

Re: Display name and gene score don't appear on login

i do too but it's by design.

#3 2019-10-04 03:43:58

jasonrohrer
Administrator

You fall off the leaderboard after 48 hours of not playing (or some number of hours, I think it's 48).

#4 2019-10-04 14:03:24

Twisted

It's 24 hours. I think it's there to prevent a situation where you get a good score and then stop playing out of fear of losing your leaderboard position.

I do agree that it's too short.

Board footer