One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-14 02:10:27

OneOfMany

Join the Sisterhood of the Yum

We are the Sisterhood of the Yum, it's less of an organization and more of a way of thinking. We believe that Yum Chaining is supreme. Every unique flood you eat in a row gives you a cumulative food bonus (+1 per unique food). If you believe in the power of Yum, then welcome to the Sisterhood. Here are over 30 Yums (over 20 containable) organized by early to late stages. You only need 17- 20 Yums to make it through your life. Yumming is a way of life and we hope that you join the Sisterhood. Praise Be! Praise Yum!

* Containable (so put it in your bp/basket)

Eve:
Berry*
Wild Onion*
Wild Carrot*
Burdock*
Banana*
Cactus Fruit*

First Gen:
Roasted Rabbit*
Berry In A Bowl
Carrot*
Rabbit Pie*
Carrot Pie*
Carrot Rabbit Pie*
Omelette
Berry Pie*
Berry Carrot Pie*
Berry Carrot Rabbit Pie*
Roasted Duck*

2nd Gen
Roasted Mutton*
Mutton Pie*
Tomato*
Fresh Corn*
Onion*
Bread*
Popcorn
Stew
Baked Potato X 2*
Turkey Broth
Turkey Meat
Drumstick
Green Beans

3rd Gen
Shrimp
Carnitas
Milk
Skim Milk
Buttered Bread
Chips
Fries

4th Gen:
Burritos
Tacos
Ketchup
Salsa
Ice Cream

I am a dirty, dirty roleplayer. I roleplay in the game, sometimes on the forum and if I'm being honest, a bit in real life. I can't help myself. I'm a dirty, dirty roleplayer. Don't hate the player, hate the game. smile

#2 2019-09-14 04:01:01

Lava

Re: Join the Sisterhood of the Yum

Praise be!!!

------

Green boi /ill

#3 2019-09-14 04:16:32

DestinyCall

Bask in the light of the Yum ... let the pips flow through you.

Just remember not all yum foods are YUMMY foods, so please yum responsibly and only eat good things.   Lazy yumming brings shame upon all yummers.

Please avoid these unworthy food items:

Green beans
Shucked Ear of corn
Salsa
Ketchup
Berry Pie
Berry/Rabbit Pie
Berry/Rabbit/Carrot Pie
Bean Tacos

Please seek out these highly worthy foods:

Whole Milk
Skim Milk
Buttered Bread
Rabbit/Carrot Pie
Carrot Pie
Slice of Turkey
Drumstick
Turkey Broth
Popcorn
French Fries
Omelette (from wild egg)
Cooked goose (from wild goose or domestic goose raised from wild egg)
Bowl of Carnitas (from wild pig)

May the Yum be with you!

#4 2019-09-14 04:31:18

Saolin

Haha, I approve!

Any level of civilization can yum chain.

Early villages might find themselves limited to around 1x to 4x with frequent resets, but saving those few extra pips is significant to ease the strain on resources and preserve a little extra food for others.

A little further down the family tree and you can probably get to 5-6x once or twice in a life with most resets lower than that since you'll need to be busy, focused on your work to keep the village going.  Though I think Berry pies should be avoided at this point since they are too large a drain on resources and you won't have enough options to sustain a yum chain your whole life.

Once the village gets to the point of having sheep and stew farm, you're getting to the point where you can sustain a single yum chain through your entire life.  At this point its worth considering berry pie varieties to support a lifelong yum chain, though berry/rabbit and berry/carrot/rabbit are always a terrible use of resources (you're getting less total pips by adding the berries) and should only be considered if food production is already excellent and it is the easiest way of sustaining a full (lifelong) yum chain.  Non-yummers are encouraged to eat rabbit/carrot followed by plain rabbit pies once old enough to get full pip value, and these two items should be prioritized at the bakery for this purpose due to their high baseline value.

Once you get beyond this milk products should be highly prioritized due to their extreme efficiency.  Non-yummers should add this as a staple to their diet.  It is important to add a large emphasis on highly efficient foods such as carrot/rabbit pies, plain rabbit pies, any type of milk, turkey and it's broth, stew, bread and buttered bread for non-yummers to remain as efficient as possible alongside a small supply of yum-enabling options to avoid non-yummers being forced to consume yum foods due to lack of options.  Low value options such as raw corn, various berry pies, and green beans can be replaced by better options including staples such as buttered bread and milk products, as well as more niche options such as carnitas and french fries.

Beyond this almost anything is fair game if you have nothing to do and resources are plentiful (huge supply of kerosene to supply a diesel well with ample iron supply), though in general high baseline value foods need to continue to be prioritized for non-yummers. and high cost, low value foods should be avoided such as salsa, ketchup, ice cream, mangoes, any type of berry pie, and anything involving masa dough, unless you really have nothing at all to do or the resources happen to already be available.

In general when deciding what food items to consume it is an important distinction whether you are small-scale yum chaining in less-supplied village, or full yum chaining in a reasonably stocked village.  If you can't support a full yum chain or are forced to drop your yum chain in emergency, low value options such as raw corn, green beans, and berry pies become terrible and should be avoided.  Always make sure to eat the highest value food items whether you are yumming or not, such as any type of milk, mutton pies, carrot/rabbit and plain rabbit pies, bread and buttered bread, stew, and turkey and it's broth.

#5 2019-09-14 04:42:02

Saolin

Damn-it DestinyCall, I was hoping to be the first post! =p

I did forget omelettes though.  Those are also an excellent food item.

#6 2019-09-14 06:32:45

DestinyCall

I forgot to take a screenshot, but I just built a lovely little Yum Shrine in a village tonight.   Three white pillars with a mango tree at the center.

Far enough outside of town to not be in the way of anything important, but close enough that people can find it easily.    Special pies and yum foods organized on either side of the shrine for quick and easy yumification.   Roasted mutton, cooked rabbit, popcorn, bowl of berries, turkey broth, three sisters stew, fresh tomatoes, baked potatoes, sliced bread.   I managed to make french fries right before I died.    Hopefully one of my children will carry on tending the shrine for the sake of the village.

It was beautiful.

#7 2019-09-14 10:22:40

Twisted

DestinyCall wrote:

Green beans
Shucked Ear of corn
Salsa
Ketchup
Berry Pie
Berry/Rabbit Pie
Berry/Rabbit/Carrot Pie
Bean Tacos

I just want to point out, if you see these items and you are yumming you SHOULD definitely eat them. Why? Well, someone is going to eat them sooner or later, and since they're already there it's better if they're used for a yum chain - at least that way they give more value.

#8 2019-09-14 10:58:14

MultiLife

I wonder when we get chickens, stackable omelettes and feather sources.
And all animal bones could make stews.

Last edited by MultiLife (2019-09-14 11:05:31)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#9 2019-09-14 11:25:43

miskas

we already have  3 feather sources.
remember to check one tech
https://onetech.info/3136-Shears-with-Goose-Feather

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#10 2019-09-14 21:04:58

DestinyCall

Twisted wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:

Green beans
Shucked Ear of corn
Salsa
Ketchup
Berry Pie
Berry/Rabbit Pie
Berry/Rabbit/Carrot Pie
Bean Tacos

I just want to point out, if you see these items and you are yumming you SHOULD definitely eat them. Why? Well, someone is going to eat them sooner or later, and since they're already there it's better if they're used for a yum chain - at least that way they give more value.

That is a solid point.   I should say, please avoid MAKING these foods.  It is much better to make efficient food options first, since they are better for the village and can be eaten with or without the benefit of yum.  By adding good food variety, everyone benefits and more players learn how to make fun and tasty foods, like french fires and buttered bread.

#11 2019-09-15 00:56:50

Lava

Praise to the cult of yum!

#12 2019-09-15 09:33:13

MultiLife

miskas wrote:

Oh, interesting. I haven’t touched the game since rift was added.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#13 2019-09-15 20:00:53

Lava

MultiLife wrote:
miskas wrote:

Oh, interesting. I haven’t touched the game since rift was added.

let the playerbase drop because Jason doesn't even check or care about forum opinions

Last edited by Lava (2019-09-15 20:01:14)

Board footer