One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-29 12:42:23

kittykatthegreat

born outside rift in low pop server

when I log into server 7 I'm always born outside of the rift. The notification will pop up and say this arc is x amount of years old and 0 familys are alive. This has been happening every since the dug cactus bug. Is this the way its supposed to be now or is it a bug?

#2 2019-08-29 13:58:32

Phuckoff04

Re: born outside rift in low pop server

It seems to be the same for me, but on Servers 1-5. I ran for my whole life and never encountered the rift and says 0 families alive when the information pops up. As much as I dislike the rift it makes a great land mark to find exactly what you are looking for.

#3 2019-08-29 14:03:17

Twisted

I could be mistaken but I was under the impression that the rift only appears when there's at least 15 people playing on that server. Since there's no rift there's no families inside the rift, so the message tells yo that there's 0 rift families alive.

#4 2019-08-29 14:08:21

Phuckoff04

Twisted wrote:

I could be mistaken but I was under the impression that the rift only appears when there's at least 15 people playing on that server. Since there's no rift there's no families inside the rift, so the message tells yo that there's 0 rift families alive.

That may be. I know a few weeks ago it wasn't the case (there was a large town on the south rift on server one https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7650 ) and I haven't seen anything telling me either way.

#5 2019-08-29 15:01:18

kittykatthegreat

Before the update that had the dug cactus bug, I was always born inside the rift on server seven. it would show x amount of years and 1 family.

#6 2019-08-29 15:19:44

sigmen4020

Twisted wrote:

As someone who has used the low pop servers I can confirm that the rift appears there no matter the population. There was even a rift present on the low pop servers at the same time that the rift was disabled on the main server.

Last edited by sigmen4020 (2019-08-29 15:20:06)

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#7 2019-08-30 00:46:24

kittykatthegreat

Jason do you know whats wrong?

#8 2019-08-30 13:55:34

Phuckoff04

Couldn't tell you what is wrong but I was able to 'fix' it last night by twining.

#9 2019-08-30 19:36:42

bunny

kittykatthegreat wrote:

when I log into server 7 I'm always born outside of the rift. The notification will pop up and say this arc is x amount of years old and 0 familys are alive. This has been happening every since the dug cactus bug. Is this the way its supposed to be now or is it a bug?

Whats the cactus bug?

#10 2019-08-30 23:34:48

kittykatthegreat

there were a bunch of dug cactus in all of the deserts

#11 2019-09-03 13:22:07

kittykatthegreat

still wondering why this is happening????

#12 2019-09-03 13:49:04

Dodge

it's a bug they spawn as natural object, like rocks, stone, trees etc

#13 2019-09-03 14:51:05

kittykatthegreat

not the cactus bug, I'm wondering why I'm now born outside the rift every life.

#14 2019-09-06 03:46:00

MistressZues

Isnt this what happens to those who get curse to much so you cant be born to anyone? Pissed alot of people off with griefing lately? Thought Jason said this was the new Donkey town.

kittykatthegreat wrote:

not the cactus bug, I'm wondering why I'm now born outside the rift every life.

Check this out upvote if you agree!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … heck_this/

#15 2019-09-06 13:16:01

kittykatthegreat

I doubt I've been cursed, I really haven't been playing much for months now. I logged into a low pop server and was actually some what enjoying my time there for the first time in for ever. Right after an update (the one that had the dug cactus bug) I was born outside the rift every time. Before I was born inside the rift in this server and able to return to my base and keep building it up. The reason I keep pressing the issue is because with out being born inside the rift there is not much point in me playing because I cant find my camp back. I was hoping Jason would reply with what changed or what is wrong and fix it but have had no luck.

#16 2019-09-06 22:54:03

Tempted

kittykatthegreat wrote:

I doubt I've been cursed, I really haven't been playing much for months now. I logged into a low pop server and was actually some what enjoying my time there for the first time in for ever. Right after an update (the one that had the dug cactus bug) I was born outside the rift every time. Before I was born inside the rift in this server and able to return to my base and keep building it up. The reason I keep pressing the issue is because with out being born inside the rift there is not much point in me playing because I cant find my camp back. I was hoping Jason would reply with what changed or what is wrong and fix it but have had no luck.

I played on server 7 for several consecutive lives recently and built a nice town. Had a horse, travelled very far, never encountered a rift. Last life there I accidentally starved at 58. Next time I logged in and each time since, I have been born inside the rift. Couldn't find the created town anywhere, and spent 4 lives covering the whole rift. So I guess I was having the same issue.

#17 2019-09-06 23:57:12

Tempted

kittykatthegreat wrote:

I think I was just born to you in server 7. Another thing I just noticed is the fauna is all in the wrong areas. I walked south to verify rift after you dropped me off in that settlement, found it, walked back and made a BP and some clothes with stuff lying around then went to look for the town I built up, and ran into mosquitoes in prairie biome and died. I'm seeing wolves amd snakes in green biomes, mouflon in jungles, mosquitoes everywhere. All in wrong areas. It's weird, amd makes it dangerous lol.
If you can find my body quite a ways north of the settlement you dropped me in, I had a full set of clothes and BP when I died lol

#18 2019-09-07 00:26:38

kittykatthegreat

That was me that you were born to tongue
It was like that last time with alot of animals in the wrong bioms. I went looking for my old town but everything was gone except some piles of logs. I started to rebuild a bit but didn't get far.

#19 2019-09-07 00:45:15

Tempted

kittykatthegreat wrote:

That was me that you were born to tongue
It was like that last time with alot of animals in the wrong bioms. I went looking for my old town but everything was gone except some piles of logs. I started to rebuild a bit but didn't get far.

I had found two towns close to each other yesterday, one in mountain biome north, and one in green biome south. They were both messy, so I transferred a lot of stuff to south town and built a wooden post sheep pen, got a mouflon, cleaned up and organized, got another horse, built up stocks of different items that aren't supposed to decay, and was planning on making it as good as it was before I ended up in rift. I thought the low pop servers didn't reset, but it looks like they do, and it looks like there may be some coding issues with spawning.
I noticed the animals yesterday as well now that I think about it, just didn't really register I guess.
Welp, the low pop servers were fun for a bit, but looks like the parameters changed. I was really hoping to see how advanced a town I could create by myself or maybe one or two other people, but if it resets with bigserver2 everyday and has coding issues, I don't think itll be possible. I may try to see if I can find my town a few more times tonight, so may see you again possibly if you're playing.  You were a good mom BTW, most people on those servers ignore you. Thanks for not doing that. I really appreciated it.

#20 2019-09-07 00:58:47

kittykatthegreat

I dont think the server resets, I think my town was gone because of the decay of if no one sees it, it slowly disappears. I'm just assuming this because there were a few piles of logs left around my old town and it has been around a week since I was born in the rift. I think the animals are in the wrong bioms because things didnt reset when jason revamped the bioms. So now the only way you would lose a town is if you ran into the not being born inside the rift for a week thing like I had going on. Still wish I knew why it happened and why all at once now I'm born in it again. Also the above is all just guesses so rebuild at your own risk I think I'm gonna give it a shot, lol

#21 2019-09-07 01:39:23

Tempted

kittykatthegreat wrote:

I dont think the server resets, I think my town was gone because of the decay of if no one sees it, it slowly disappears. I'm just assuming this because there were a few piles of logs left around my old town and it has been around a week since I was born in the rift. I think the animals are in the wrong bioms because things didnt reset when jason revamped the bioms. So now the only way you would lose a town is if you ran into the not being born inside the rift for a week thing like I had going on. Still wish I knew why it happened and why all at once now I'm born in it again. Also the above is all just guesses so rebuild at your own risk I think I'm gonna give it a shot, lol

OK. Yeah I just played again and found my town. It was in good shape. So I think you're right. As long as you don't spawn outside rift for a bit, you should be good continuing working on a settlement. I hope lol. Maybe I'll run into you again sometime.

#22 2019-09-07 19:39:12

Tempted

Got another horse and cart at my pen. The one for you has hitching post kit and shovel in cart. All you need is round stone and stakes, and you can make the hitching post in your town. Take it next time you pass through.

Board footer