One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-04 21:02:47

Morti

Our Origin, The Monument, The X Road

Figured some of you may have wanted to see it. Before much is changed.

l9noorO.jpg

The Plan

ODs5bVE.png

The General Idea - The roads pass below the springs to avoid interrupting travel every 40 steps.

yNSer83.png
(This is 701x701 pixels in Paint, which has top left pixel (or square) set to 0,0, so, it's actually 2 x and 2 y larger than it maybe should be, but, they are 1 on each side, so it is still centered. It might look more like this:  https://i.imgur.com/3Ya7zHA.png I'm not sure, at the moment, if the rift is 700x700 or if the playable area inside the rift is square 700x700 and the rift is a box 702x702 and 1 tile thick.)

Couple things I ask, if you want to help:
- Please try to keep the roads straight. No veering around trees, rocks, or anything that can eventually be removed.
- If there are, say, two rabbit holes spaced a few tiles apart, fill the road tiles between them for a consistent, visual, line.

I would do the 'Eightfold path' with the eight roads radiating out from stone floor at 0,-1, but leaving 4 spokes leaves half the flat rocks out for players to use for town paths; whether in the towns, to the oil wells or to connect up to one of the four spokes.

--

I appreciate all the help many of you have offered in the past, making these roads; whether gathering flat rocks and placing them on the paths, cutting down trees and removing obstacles, or hammering stakes with rocks and laying the stone roads themselves. (Remember Stone RoadsStone Floor, stone floors do not give a movement speed bonus.)

Oh, and if you've seen these roads and don't know how to use them (some don't, it's ok) step on one of them and then click on another and you will move automatically, faster than you normally would, along those paths. Just be prepared to step off the path if there happens to be a bear, wolf, boar or snake along the road.

--

Long term plans for these roads.

xxjiZn2.png

Just a few ideas. Be creative, be friendly, show Jason what we are really 'interested' in.
Show each other, what we really care about, is, each other.

#2 2019-09-05 11:10:28

StrongForce

Re: Our Origin, The Monument, The X Road

You are the real MVP.
Love you!

Baby dance!!

#3 2019-09-05 14:31:38

Tizzy

I’ve been helping out building the roads from the monument every few lives, I love the idea of the road network. I’ll start planting food sources too. smile

#4 2019-09-07 08:02:42

w0wma

i've contributed to the roads.

#5 2019-09-10 02:13:20

ollj

adorable persistence and good demonstration of learning capability.

in a cruel world of rift shit.

#6 2019-09-10 02:14:41

ollj

ffs, stop building roads right trough wells, instead offset them by y-1 to bass below wells.

Board footer