One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-28 07:03:46

miskas

Life stories from the Rift.2

The game feels great!

All my lives were full of challenges in places with an abundance of raw materials to help me solve them.

-----------Life story-------------------

Today I played to one of the last two families the "Nice family" in a late eve camp. http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=5210389
Oh man, I have zoom mode but still, this was intense!
I was in a village with 10 people but all of them naked with only BPs and some loincloths.
As a child, I started to hunt some rabbits while eating wild berries to keep me going. I got the first bunch to home and then I saw it.
We already had some furs and a pen but no sheep in it.
I made an arrow and someone else made a bow. Searching for a mouflon we found a fully clothed corpse on the snow. I got fully dressed while I was waiting for a nearby mother mouflon to get a baby.  we killed her of course (poor mother mouflons) and took her baby home.
We then started smithing shears and a file, I used an egg to make a domestic goose to oil the file but someone else hunted a wild goose as well.
In between smithing I cooked eggs to keep us going as more and more naked babes were been born to our camp and I was starting to feel the pressure.
So goose had been cooked, all eggs had been turned to omelets and Shears was done! But oh shit, we have no spindle....we had a saw so I took an arrowhead and went to a near camp that I had seen two fire bows lie there.
In the way back home, I met my son. Who asked me for all my clothes. I gave them all right away with no second thought, I had a 10x yum chain to this point and I was gonna make new ones anyway.
Spindle ready. I let it by the pen and fast to the bakery to grab a bowl of a yummy stew before I die.
I was very lucky as the stew had been eaten up and only a half bowl had remained. There I realized that the camp was running out of food.
I went back to the pen where a bunch of 5 fur was collected but only one fur remained. People must have used it to dress themselves. So that was it the tailored machine had to start rolling. I had to work fast and get them all clothes before we starve.
I made a loincloth and got back to my childish activity of rabbit hunting. I remembered that I had left a snare down south to the rabbit holes. I grabbed an empty basket and gone for it.
I went to the spot that I had left it but it was empty. Someone took it. It was the guy 15 tiles away who had come to hunt rabbits bringing a whole cart with him. He already had a full basket with rabbits. I greet him, show him the needle and thread I had in my BP and told him I need fur. He was more than happy to see that I was gonna make some clothes from his work and he accepted my trade of an empty basket for a full one with joy.
Bringing them back home I saw a naked mother feeding her naked baby. I dropped my basket and start tailoring. I made a hat and a loincloth to dress the baby.
I didn't get clothes once again but I was happy once more. I could make more clothes after all, but then it hit me. The hunger bell was calling, hunting and tailoring had to stop once again. I went to the backer to find any source of yummy food I could get. An old man there was asking who cooks. I use the same question and I immediately understood what he was looking for.
" I am " I replied immediately, while the bell rang once again. Hearing that the old man pulls a knife from his BP and drops it to the ground. I quickly grab, store to mine BP and starting to searching for yum food. Only two pies had left and they were meh for me. The oven was filled with kindling though and near they were lying down many raw pies and a raw Bread loaf! I didn't remember having a brad before! That was it, I had two peeps left, more than enough for a pro yum autist like me. I run to the fire, fired up the branch and back to the kitchen, fired the oven, the flames were up and the bell was going crazy now. Got the raw bread next to the flaming oven as my peeps went to Zero, drop it down, pulled out knife, Raw bread in hand, flames down, cooked bread in hand, knife in hand, used it on bread, knife in BP, bread in hand, and....... , yum achieved of course wink I was feeling a ninja https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idefYMHbcS8
This was it, that was my home now, the bakery. I cooked all the remaining pies and made many more yummy ones, I continued feeding the town as the village clearly was needing it. the pies I made all were eaten in mass. But I had no problem keeping up with it, I was a ninja cook after all smile

Last edited by miskas (2019-08-28 07:04:18)

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

Board footer