One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-06 15:20:28

EvilBlackCat

Version mismatch on custom servers.

I've seen a few others mentioning this issue as well. Ever since the update, after updating both the server and the client attempting to log into a custom server gets the message "Version Mismatch. Client 73 - Server 1".

I've had the issue on my own server and attempting to log into other custom servers from the private server list.

It was recommended that I attempt to manual rollback the client but that isn't effective either and I can't see any way to change the server version.

#2 2018-04-06 17:30:46

Gederian

Re: Version mismatch on custom servers.

You should update the code on your server or keep a separate version of the client on your computer that never connects to the official servers and gets updated.

#3 2018-04-06 18:59:24

EvilBlackCat

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. I actually do have an un-updated client but it gave me a mismatch error too. It just gives me the current client version and Server 1 as the error.

I attempted an immediate temp login after the error as some have suggested but it keeps coming back failed. When I do it on my own server it says it's timed out.

I see some other servers are saying they are working now so I'll go try them again.

#4 2018-04-07 18:21:35

Avalikia

I was able to fix this issue on my server by creating a file in the OneLife/server/ folder named serverCodeVersionNumber.txt with the contents being the version number that the server should be - in this case 73.  I only vaguely understand why it works - all I know is that the game code seems to expect a file by that name to exist, and it didn't exist in my server files, so I added it.

Board footer