One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-08-12 22:29:15

Stormyzabeast

Re: Hoarders, and Sweaty, Organised Metagaming

Spoon, +1 to everything. This game has been going downhill a long time for me. I used to play every single day for hours at night, now I play an hour or two a week. This rift shit is HORRIBLE, I absolutely hate it. My favorite game is no more :'(

I am Eve Toadvine. I name my kids Alex, Jason, Jake, Holly and Disney characters. Forager and road builder extraordinaire!

#27 2019-08-12 22:54:22

Spoonwood

Thanks Stormy.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#28 2019-08-12 22:55:41

Angel Carrillo

Ollj, bears are not an improvement.

#29 2019-08-13 18:51:16

ollj

The discord dome was a side effect of me seeing the effect of an exploit being used from the start:
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewt … 364#p71364
It turned out to be a working copuntermeasure to my devastating exploits, with the reward of dominating a wasteland with 0% fertility.

this just had to be tested to be believed.
without a rift i am now back to roadbuilding.

Last edited by ollj (2019-08-13 18:52:00)

#30 2019-08-14 01:38:58

Tempted

Spoonwood wrote:
Dodge wrote:

+1 for less bear caves, feathers from domestic goose and hungry work for all trees including juniper

-1 for the constant dramatic tone (most of the major issues are going to be fixed at some point)

Jason may solve some particular small set of issues, but won't really address core problems.  This game has been on consistent decline in terms of playerbase, and there exist a small handful of good updates since December.  Most of the technology wasn't useful when introduced.  An apoclaypse for no reason, which were never consistent with people playing for their lineage.  Then we had swords.  People coming together and leading to griefer Eves.  People complained, rightfully, about such as not consistent with a game about parenting and civlization *building* (at least raidos were compatible with building, even though they were NOT about parenting in the sense of making better lives for in game children).  The genetic score system had something to it, but not much.

Oh, and Jason had already seen evidence that bringing people together so that towns could easily get found by Eves lead to mass griefing.  Yet, he implemented a system that made such even more likely to happen.  People told, AND SHOWED, him that the problem was griefing.  And he responded by insisting that the problem could be solved by some time constraint, indicating that he didn't get the problem.

The whole rift idea also indicates a problem, since it limits potential growth.  The finite map idea never made a lick of sense, because of that limiting of potential player growth.

The game has continually declined in terms of player count: https://steamcharts.com/app/595690#All (even the green there will change shortly due to the recent dropoff).  And it dropped drastically recently:

http://northcountrynotes.org/latestGraph2.png

And instead of finding such sad, or taking such as a moment needed for self-reflection, Jason just laughed off such a precipitous drop.

On top of that, Jason should have hired help long ago, and I doubt he'll do that at any point in time.

And -1 for a positive attitude.  There is no cause for optimism when you have consistent negative information coming in (see above).  At least not with serious change that caters to players' preferences.  Something that Jason has repeatedly spit in the face of, for example, with his reluctance to implement a choice screen for players, showing that he disrespects player's making their own choices.

Dodge wrote:

Keep in mind that appart from behing passionate it's also his livelihood, you have to pay the bills some way at the end of the day.

Jason wrongfully believes that he's the greatest game designer ever and has only said that he will continue development to the end of 2019.  He just does what he did before.  He just lives off of the proceeds of his last game and makes a new one, anticipating the next one will work out well for him financially.  Doing that may even interest him more, as he certainly doesn't like listening to opinions of his playerbase as he has repeatedly made clear, and making a new game doesn't have a playerbase to listen to.  No, there is no reason to believe that Jason has to fix the game with respect to core issues.

And he's probably not interested in doing such either, because it would mean that he would have to give up on concepts as viable, recognize inconsistencies in the game, listen to the playerbase, respect their preferences, and no doubt hire help.

He did give access to the game. THOL will probably live on even if he drops OHOL at the end of the year. And someone could always create their own server and continue with the game, improving and tweaking the original concept. Maybe the game will end up with atomic powered robots, just not with Jason at the helm?

#31 2019-08-15 21:52:52

CatX

Twisted caught a griefer on tape:

https://youtu.be/JpOizeV4yFQ?t=2192

(Time: 36:30)

The interesting part is the family tree. This must be Eve Yellow in the video:

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=5147466

Her last words were "you own this". None of her children lived. Two of them were killed by the Schmock family. Following that link gives this tree:

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=5147466

Some babies here were killed by Eve Yellow, and very few babies got to live. Notice also Catalaya Schmock's final words: "You own this."

Clearly Eve Yellow was part of a griefer nest.

#32 2019-08-16 09:03:24

Twisted

CatX wrote:

Clearly Eve Yellow was part of a griefer nest.

I agree. I went back to that town as I spawned in the Sheer family next (the town to the northwest), and the town was completely destroyed, all the sheep dead, fences broken, and everyone was dead with a time of death within minutes of mine. I looked at the family tree and the names Eve Yellow, Eve Cata, and Eve Lukes pop up, all of them having a bunch of starved babies. It was definitely a coordinated griefer Eve raid.

#33 2019-08-16 10:24:00

Spoon

Get fucked kiddo prepare better next time I was too quick on the draw

Of course i'm part of the griefer nest it says yellow hat HQ on the sign. Im literally clad in full yellow its not that hard to figure out.

Last edited by Spoon (2019-08-16 10:25:37)

#34 2019-08-16 10:49:31

CatX

Spoon wrote:

It had nothing to do with your abilities, only with the current imbalanced game mechanics.

If your abilities were good, you'd play a pvp game that required some skill instead.

#35 2019-08-16 10:59:41

sigmen4020

CatX wrote:
Spoon wrote:

It had nothing to do with your abilities, only with the current imbalanced game mechanics.

If your abilities were good, you'd play a pvp game that required some skill instead.

Agreed.
Killing towns is real easy since there are no defensive options available outside of fences. It’s click on the other guy first and you win. That takes such skill tongue.

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#36 2019-08-16 11:35:22

schmloo

Spoon wrote:

Of course i'm part of the griefer nest it says yellow hat HQ on the sign. Im literally clad in full yellow its not that hard to figure out.

Betrayed the green-hat order because you didn’t know how to make green by chance?

Insert OHOL-related signature here

#37 2019-08-16 13:05:50

sigmen4020

schmloo wrote:
Spoon wrote:

Betrayed the green-hat order because you didn’t know how to make green by chance?

Green is too hard for this hardcore griefer big_smile

#38 2019-08-16 15:00:18

schmloo

ollj wrote:

I killed most gese on the map on my own and am in no way affiliated with the southern fortress of discordDome-organized players.

As someone who can see behind trees, you missed a LOT wink

Insert OHOL-related signature here

#39 2019-08-17 09:50:48

CatX

Suggestion:

What if Eves can only use war swords if they have one (or more) living relative age three (or more)? In other words, no family means no ability to wage war.

#40 2019-08-17 10:30:37

testo

Spoon wrote:

LOL kid thinks this game is about fighting. This is the core problem, all this junk players should go play Rust or some game that actually features a combat system.

You wanna feel gud and pro killing others? Why not try somewhere you can get a fair combat and not in this game.

Funny this was never an issue before the last dance update, any decent player could defend himself. Now this trash thinks he is smart because he can shift click.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#41 2019-08-17 13:55:48

ollj

rift be gone, nests be gone. all the griefers are now killing perfectly healthy bases, in less than 60 minutes, 12 people of one family die.
same old. and they always use the same lies and chat distractions. they claim to not know a thing in chat, ask a dumb question, and then stab you while a response is being typed.

I chatted with a baby a lot, the idiot got born to me 4 times in a row, 3 times i fed him to bears or just let him starve SLOWLY after he was done being proud of himself chatting, while i was just exploring the land.
it was a chatty baby who proudly claimed "i was your son, i died age 12, but at least i instigated the deaths of 3 others, so im awesome"
yes, this is the minset, and no, killing 10 per life is a challenge. killing 3 is a cakewalk. diing age 12 is pathethic. telling/getting others to kill someone else, with any dumb lie, is what they usually do.
dumbass doesnt know that i wandered one big circle, and was back home at age 45, and guess what, i saw no significant effect of anyone diing to any intrigue/murder. it was a healthy family, they could not care less even if his claims where true and 4 people died duumb.

They are surprised they get born to the same person, which is a clear sign that thes have only short lifes and are region banned in most places with many epople in them. therefotre this happens. they get born to The same mother 2-4 times, and their furst word is almost certainly "I" as in "i was ...", self centered incompetent fucks. they also often come in twin pairs.

simple hint, if your baby says "i w" as first words, its almost certainly a self centered murderous psychopath not worth any food.

#42 2019-08-18 07:15:41

breezeknight

so holy Jason Rohrer is going to drop the ball on this game at the end of 2019 ?

- - -

#43 2019-08-18 09:38:14

sigmen4020

breezeknight wrote:

so holy Jason Rohrer is going to drop the ball on this game at the end of 2019 ?

- - -

Hopefully not. I can’t see the game being in a satisfying state at that time.

Board footer