One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-17 01:28:55

Karrots

Thank you Czechs, Xanders, Vlachs and Spaceks

My life started in a dying village filled with griefers. When I was little my sister fed me. She told me about how busy our mother was, and that's why she had to raise me. When my sister wasn't here, I saw other kids getting high on shrooms and trying to force feed them to me.  ̶(̶P̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶B̶r̶o̶o̶k̶l̶y̶n̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶O̶H̶O̶L̶)̶

I knew that the village was failing and knew I had to get out. To do that I'd need a backpack and tools to start a fire, so when I left I could be a wanderer and hunt rabbits for clothes and food. All I had were my wooden shoes, bowler hat and apron; but I was determined to do this.

I immediately ran into problems as I couldn't secure the furs to make a backpack without it being stolen. After a few efforts, I decided to take a pie and  the tools and go out and make it in the savanna, then come back. Finally I made a backpack and gathered tools like a firebowdrill, hatchet and skewer. I managed to get a knife and several rabbits and even a bowl in my backpack. I was now ready to flee this wreck and go off on my own to start a new life.

As I walked around the village I saw the last female build a cart. Her bodygaurd was next to her, a lad I'm going to call Doe because I forgot his name. Doe had dedicated his life to protect the last woman, the savior of our family. I went and talked to them, and sure enough they were leaving. I knew I'd be lonely and would much rather leave with them. So I packed my fire kit into the cart, threw some supplies into my backpack and left with them.

Our sad village was left behind with only one tender, John. John said he lived at an outpost nearby and wished to continue living there, so we did nothing to stop him.  We decided to head east along a trail of well veins we could see. It wasn't long before we reached a large savanna and Gopal started having children. Her first child was named Crusade. Crusade died fairly young for reasons unknown to us. Soon after Crusade came Finley. We debated setting up a short camp here until the children could fend for themselves, but natural selection took over and Finnley was the only survivor.

We switched loads so I, the eldest, was carrying the cart, Gopal was carrying Finley and Doe was carrying a bowl of stew. We continued out walk by bears, jungles, and mountains with the cart until we came across a road. A road? Out here? Needless to say we were curious. I went down first with the cart in hand to scout out with the others a few feet behind. Sure enough there were broken fences and a broken gate.

With hope in our hearts we rushed in. And we saw paradise. Piles of iron, fields of berries, we were saved. I created a fire and gave Finley some clothes lying around. That was when I found the graves of Eve Czech, Xenia Xander, Ever Vlach and Darling Spacek. I don't know what part you played, but it was only because of you that our family was saved. We would've failed if we couldn't use that abandoned base you left behind.

After burying all of you and doing some work to repair town, I was approached by Doe. Gopal had grown old, and he had spent his life making sure she had many children that had thoroughly repopulated our village. We talked for a bit, then the conversation turned to John. What had happened to John? Since I was in my last days I figured it was good time as any to find out. After dropping all of my clothing and my things I took a single mutton pie with me. Then Doe and I set out to our return.

I was separated from him on the return trek and died of old age. The mission would've failed anyway, according to the family tree John was long dead by the time we left. I hope that maybe Doe had found and buried John, at least.

Here's the link if you care ----> lineage.onehouronelife.com/server.php?action=character_page&id=5164235&rel_id=5164235

Board footer