One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-08-15 07:58:45

Sopbucket

Re: Reflections of the Rift - What did you like?

I liked being able to return to recognizable areas of the map and seeing how they changed over time.

I liked most of the lives I lived.  The only kind of griefing that really got to me was being born in an enclosed space with no way to get out and a dwindling food supply, but that only happened once.  Being forced to live as a nomad in a mad max world certainly would have gotten old after a few days, but it was an interesting change of pace at the time.

I liked that I was forced to think about the game on a meta level, though if I hadn't already signed up for the forums I may have been turned off to it instead.

I liked seeing towns that had walls built around them.  Some of the mechanics around this need to be improved so people don't get trapped inside, and aesthetically I'd like to see something other than fences play this role, but its a cool feature nonetheless.

#27 2019-08-15 15:05:38

MistressZues

I liked the rift! not only did it fix my lag deaths which I had alot of yesterday T-T, but it made it easier to make a realistic map of families an territories in your mind.

Check this out upvote if you agree!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … heck_this/

#28 2019-08-15 23:34:43

Kajzor

For me its very important that my work has some kind of meaning, and that either i or someone else will continue it, and that i can at least revisit an old camp.
Back when i first got this game, most villages would be deserted the next day, never to be seen again, and this made the game quite pointless for me.
Therefore i started playing the smaller servers, by eve-chaining so you could continue developing your base, and i would play with a small group of people on these servers.

With the rift, you could get back to previous settlements, as well as interacting with other people much more, family or strangers. And the game needed exactly that, more interaction between people, i loved that.

I am still not sure how i feel about the war sword, it feels a bit cheesy if you are developing a new base and a single guy comes with a war sword and wipes the camp. I do think the requirement of a military defense could be interesting, but sometimes the war sword just feels a bit out of place. It makes everyone paranoid, and could attract the wrong audience..
which i really liked, and now that the rift is gone on bs-2, i am now again resorting to the smaller servers.

The rift does not come without problems of course, there is a lot of griefing going on, and this problem needs a lot of attention. But if it can get sorted out(it might prove to be very difficult) im sure people will enjoy the rift. It could be done with maintaning at least 10 junipers on the map, force respawns of this type of tree if the condition isn´t met. Or removing towers blocking off door ways, this could be done the same way as the fence removal note (but requiring more votes from the family).

#29 2019-08-16 00:20:42

DestinyCall

Kajzor wrote:

Or removing towers blocking off door ways, this could be done the same way as the fence removal note (but requiring more votes from the family).

Have you tried using the elder takedown notice yet, in-game?   I don't think requiring additional votes is a good idea.  It is already hard enough to do a takedown when coordinating with a single person and a long enough process to achieve the result.  Adding even more complexity would make it less functional without noticable improvement.   Your elder might die while you round up enough votes.

I do not recommend it.

Board footer