One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-11 22:42:55

WumboJumbo

The game trailer is misleading/outdated

The official trailer simply doesn’t represent the game well anymore. It’s over a year old. Over that period of a year, lots of game-changing things have been added like the rift. I just don't want people to be mislead and buy the game because of the trailer. The general concept still holds up, but other extremely important things aren’t mentioned.

Watch it for yourself and tell me what you think: https://youtu.be/mT4JktcVQuE

Last edited by WumboJumbo (2019-08-11 22:48:49)

#2 2019-08-11 22:52:39

Dantox

Re: The game trailer is misleading/outdated

I totally agree with this, i watched the trailer yesterday while waiting to recover some tokens to play and it totally felt like a different game

make bread, no war

#3 2019-08-12 06:26:34

OminousBladeBlank

Yeah. I love the game as it is now but the trailer is very misleading.

What is an ominous blade blank?

It's that blade blank next to the file and short staff you see in a naked toddler's basket.

#4 2019-08-12 08:01:52

JonySky
Website

In that trailer I don't see an EVE entering a city with a war sword and killing an entire family, nor do I see people living in property fences so as not to die with a prank PVP system ...

The trailer definitely does not represent the game at present, and this is not positive for the game ... (you just need to check the player count)

The trailer should be something like:
Do you like to live in an experiment like a laboratory mouse and be continuously violated by griefers of all kinds? This is your game!
so ... you can also try to create a city with your virtual family ... if your brother or mother doesn't kill you before!

#5 2019-08-12 08:02:02

Dodge

Not sure what you're talking about he says "who knows where we'll end up" and that's very accurate.

If you're talking about the pine wood house that was never the case lol

But that's why it's called a trailer, it doesn't show all the clutter and piles of bones too.

#6 2019-08-12 08:30:36

JonySky
Website

Dodge wrote:

Not sure what you're talking about he says "who knows where we'll end up" and that's very accurate.

But that's why it's called a trailer, it doesn't show all the clutter and piles of bones too.

Explain this to the players who have definitely left the game ...

You can also explain this to griefers who steal, kill, cut all trees or wake up all bears ...
If the dynamics of the game remain the same, the griefers will be the only players left

#7 2019-08-12 08:48:26

Dodge

JonySky wrote:
Dodge wrote:

Explain this to the players who have definitely left the game ...

You can also explain this to griefers who steal, kill, cut all trees or wake up all bears ...
If the dynamics of the game remain the same, the griefers will be the only players left

Griefers where always in the game, probably from day one.

Obviously you're not going to show griefing in a trailer, do you know a game that does that?

I understand the frustration that comes with griefing and that the current updates are enabling it in an indirect way, but saying that the trailer should change with every update is just ridiculous.

"who knows where we'll end up" means what it means, it's part of the process you cant solve every issue day 1, new issues pop up or become more of a center point and you have to deal with them as they appear.

But all the effect these "walls of angry text" and constant negativity have is to dilute the actual valuable information (what really needs to be fixed), so if you have to go trough all these before you find something interesting, sometimes you tend to ignore it on purpose or not and miss something that might actually help things move forward.

#8 2019-08-12 09:40:15

JonySky
Website

Dodge wrote:

Griefers where always in the game, probably from day one.

Dodge has been in this game the same time as you
I know perfectly well that there have always been griefers (I don't know any games that don't have them)
But this is out of control ... before this update the griefers were independent players (almost always from their own family) who killed one or 2 members of their family, but could be neutralized and sent to DT if there was luck ... now that's impossible
The other day I spent 30 minutes of game looking for a juniper ... logically that is no fun!

Dodge wrote:

Obviously you're not going to show griefing in a trailer, do you know a game that does that?

There are many games that in their trailers show battles and death ... (DayZ Standalone, Age of Empires, Rust ...) games where you can build houses and civilizations ... are games that from the beginning were clear where they were going ... logically there are always changes during the development of a game, but the base game is always the same

Dodge wrote:

I understand the frustration that comes with griefing and that the current updates are enabling it in an indirect way, but saying that the trailer should change with every update is just ridiculous.

I am not frustrated by the griefers, but this kind of behavior is being fed to create a "rich" and "fun" dynamic in a game that is not balanced and there is no possibility of counteracting these "players" who do not want to enjoy the game , only generate pain

any griefer in this game can be created artificially with bots, this informs you of the disproportionate towards the griefers

Dodge wrote:

"who knows where we'll end up" means what it means, it's part of the process you cant solve every issue day 1, new issues pop up or become more of a center point and you have to deal with them as they appear.

But all the effect these "walls of angry text" and constant negativity have is to dilute the actual valuable information (what really needs to be fixed), so if you have to go trough all these before you find something interesting, sometimes you tend to ignore it on purpose or not and miss something that might actually help things move forward.

Who knows where we will end means ... I am building the game and I don't know how it will end ... and I and many other players are telling Jason ... this will not end well ... this is not the right way ... There are other ways to get trade and interaction with other players (even war is possible in OHOL) but not this kind of games where they have forced us all to play in a shoebox along with the thugs of the class

It is not negativity ..., it is critical, and it is to show that this is hurting the player base ... just look at Steam charts

#9 2019-08-12 17:51:51

Whatever

b34bw0Z.png

#10 2019-08-12 18:03:11

DestinyCall

Expectation:  Cooperative Multiplayer Village Building Simulator

Reality:  Cooperative Multiplayer Bear Dodging Simulator

#11 2019-08-12 20:28:40

Karrots

He needs to update it with information about the rift and apocalypse at least. These are huge changes the the game that can't be overlooked.

#12 2019-08-12 22:14:36

Angel Carrillo

Right now, cars are still crude, we haven't gotten to Model T stage cars yet.

#13 2019-08-13 00:40:19

Villas

Well, I’m playing the game that I bought.
He promised updates and he is giving us updates. Some of them are good, some of them are bad, things get balanced with the passage of time.
Believe or not, the rift is not the problem, after the rift people learnt how to play meta. Fenced towns, good bery farms, high tech tools and whatnot.

The problem is “what’s next”, we reach the peak and there is nothing else we can do. Some of us keep playing even it’s not as funny as in the beginning of the arc, and others start griefing.

Currently I’m trying to teach people how to get milk, I’m making cow pens, buckets, big corn farms and whatnot, I was so proud my granddaughter learnt how to get milk and she really took four buckets at once.

But it’s really frustrating to be aware all of the time, griefers always come, inside and outside, nothing lasts because of them.

To make a cow pen I spent more than forty years, because some asshole griefer killed all geese, fortunately I found a domestic bison more than 600 times away from my town.

#14 2019-08-13 03:13:14

stardust

yes, it doesn't show mass murder and griefing. These two things seem to be the only gameplay most people use. The trailer shows a fun and creative game in reality the game is now murderous and pointless.

#15 2019-08-13 18:37:01

ollj

DestinyCall wrote:

Expectation:  Cooperative Multiplayer Village Building Simulator
Reality:  Cooperative Multiplayer Bear Dodging Simulator

i grew fond of the bear dodging, but prefer roadbuilding over bears.

#16 2019-08-13 19:58:33

WumboJumbo

That’s exactly what I thought while typing the original post. lol

#17 2019-08-14 10:35:46

Baker

Expectation: Build a civilization that from the ground up, Work with more advanced technology as time progresses. Each weekly update expands on the tech tree. By now I would've expected to be much closer to modern-day, Certainly didn't think we'd still be this primitive.

Reality: Post Apocalyptic PvP game, Defend your town from an increasing number of trolls.  Updates are rarely content and mostly gimmicks nobody asked for. Most everyday tech is still the same as it was, Apart from water and mining. We still use fires in cities the same way Eve did.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

Board footer