One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-11 01:14:19

Saolin

No fire left?

Played three lives this evening, didn't see anything suggesting there was, and anyone I asked either said "all juniper trees cut down" or they just ran off as soon as I asked about it after we greeted each other.  Did a lot of exploring and found nothing encouraging.  Even most fences are decayed and former towns seemed pretty much abandoned.

I would have thought someone would have maintained a fire even after all trees were cut down, there's tons of wood around after all, and you can't really grief a fire.

#2 2019-08-11 01:40:41

BladeWoods

Re: No fire left?

Kill everyone around the fire and the fire goes out. But that's not even really necessary. People let fires go out. It happens. We need junipers.

Last edited by BladeWoods (2019-08-11 01:48:58)

#3 2019-08-11 01:46:30

DestinyCall

Fire griefing.  A new low point in OHOL history.

#4 2019-08-11 02:57:19

kubassa
Banned

DestinyCall wrote:

Your opinion is subjective. I think it is quite funny personally.

I got huge ballz.

#5 2019-08-11 03:04:14

Saolin

kubassa wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:

Your opinion is subjective. I think it is quite funny personally.

Some people just like to watch the world burn.

#6 2019-08-11 03:05:28

kubassa
Banned

Saolin wrote:

I'm ok with that. If that is fun for them so be it. It is just a game and not real life FYI.

I got huge ballz.

#7 2019-08-11 03:11:32

Saolin

kubassa wrote:
Saolin wrote:

I'm ok with that. If that is fun for them so be it. It is just a game and not real life FYI.

you're "ok with that".  No shit, my comment was directed at you, dumbass.

#8 2019-08-11 03:15:09

kubassa
Banned

Saolin wrote:

LOL you mad bro?

Why you so mad BRO?

Me thinks you need to unplug for a bit and get some R&R. Come back to reality.

I got huge ballz.

#9 2019-08-11 03:16:45

DestinyCall

Sadly, you can't watch the world burn anymore.   

Someone cut down the last juniper thirty minutes ago.

#10 2019-08-11 03:18:41

Saolin

kubassa wrote:
Saolin wrote:

LOL you mad bro?

Why you so mad BRO?

Me thinks you need to unplug for a bit and get some R&R. Come back to reality.

No, I just strongly dislike people who take pleasure in the misery of others.

#11 2019-08-11 03:29:50

kubassa
Banned

Saolin wrote:

Again your misery is subjective. It's a you problem.

I got huge ballz.

#12 2019-08-11 03:35:19

DestinyCall

Human misery is a "we" problem, actually.   

We care about other people.   
We care if they are hurt by our actions. 
We care if their basic needs are not meant.   
We try to help when we can.

If you are not part of that "we", then you are part of the problem that we are discussing right now.

Last edited by DestinyCall (2019-08-11 03:36:56)

#13 2019-08-11 03:36:49

Saolin

kubassa wrote:
Saolin wrote:

Again your misery is subjective. It's a you problem.

No, the enjoyment is on the part of the perpetrator.  The sadistic person takes pleasure in the perceived misery of others, its not some kind of telepathic communication.  You don't know if you're actually causing them displeasure, you revel in the idea of causing it for them.

#14 2019-08-11 03:40:43

kubassa
Banned

Saolin wrote:

No, the enjoyment is on the part of the perpetrator.  The sadistic person takes pleasure in the perceived misery of others, its not some kind of telepathic communication.  You don't know if you're actually causing them displeasure, you revel in the idea of causing it for them.

I think it's funny you "think" you know how someone feels when playing a game. You should sell that "talent" to the corporate world maybe the gaming industry........ You would make bank bro.

I got huge ballz.

#15 2019-08-11 03:52:23

DestinyCall

kubassa wrote:
Saolin wrote:

I think it's funny you "think" you know how someone feels when playing a game. You should sell that "talent" to the corporate world maybe the gaming industry........ You would make bank bro.

Yes, it is something called empathy.   The ability to understand and share the feelings of another person.    Based on your recent posts, I'm assuming you don't have much experience with it, so I understand your confusion.

#16 2019-08-11 03:55:37

OminousBladeBlank

Saolin wrote:

If this game causes you misery you should stop playing and see a doctor.

What is an ominous blade blank?

It's that blade blank next to the file and short staff you see in a naked toddler's basket.

#17 2019-08-11 03:59:17

OminousBladeBlank

DestinyCall wrote:

Human misery is a "we" problem, actually.   

We care about other people.   
We care if they are hurt by our actions. 
We care if their basic needs are not meant.   
We try to help when we can.

If you are not part of that "we", then you are part of the problem that we are discussing right now.

I also think that you need to realize that OHOL is not real life and people should not be miserable. My worst lives leave my frustrated, but at the end of the day I just go on with my real life while occasionally enjoying the good games of OHOL I get.

Even during the worst times I'm never miserable. Even when I'm massacred. Even If I'm born to the woman who just slaughtered my family. I play the game the way its meant to be played, and this is my new life.

It's that blade blank next to the file and short staff you see in a naked toddler's basket.

#18 2019-08-11 04:01:48

CatX

OminousBladeBlank wrote:

Or, just gently let the developer know that even though the game was not perfect before, with the recent updates it seems less enjoyable than ever.

#19 2019-08-11 04:02:57

kubassa
Banned

DestinyCall wrote:

Yes, it is something called empathy.   The ability to understand and share the feelings of another person.    Based on your recent posts, I'm assuming you don't have much experience with it, so I understand your confusion.

Again another person making an assumption on something they read off a forum post. This is a video game and NOT real life bro. Get over it and move on.  The only people that are "confused" are you BETA's getting schooled by ALPHA's.

Empathy over the internet....... LOL. Bloody millennial's....

I got huge ballz.

#20 2019-08-11 04:22:39

DestinyCall

kubassa wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:

Again another person making an assumption on something they read off a forum post. This is a video game and NOT real life bro. Get over it and move on.  The only people that are "confused" are you BETA's getting schooled by ALPHA's.

Empathy over the internet....... LOL. Bloody millennial's....

Poor poor child.  You really think that people aren't suppose to feel anything for other people because they are playing a video game together over the internet instead of interacting in meat space?   That would be adorably naive if it wasn't so darn sad.   

People are people.   When you play a multiplayer game you are playing with PEOPLE.  They are real, even if you can only read their words on a screen or hear them over Teamspeak.    To think that you have lived long enough to learn how to type and still don't understand basic human decency ... it boggles the mind.

Honestly, it would make me feel kind of sad for you, if I didn't already suspect you of chopping down juniper trees.

#21 2019-08-11 04:26:18

Saolin

kubassa wrote:
Saolin wrote:

I never said that I do, but I know what sadism is.  I don't need to sell my talent to those industries, it is much more valuable in others.

OminousBladeBlank wrote:
Saolin wrote:

Nice straw-man.  My issue isn't whether I find this game enjoyable or not.  I've been playing almost every day.  I get concerned in regards to people who seem to take pleasure in the misfortune of others.  It is highly anti-social, and to the detriment of society.  And yes, while it doesn't matter in a video game, it's a personal characteristic that society would be better off without.

#22 2019-08-11 04:35:26

OminousBladeBlank

Saolin wrote:

Nice straw-man.  My issue isn't whether I find this game enjoyable or not.  I've been playing almost every day.  I get concerned in regards to people who seem to take pleasure in the misfortune of others.  It is highly anti-social, and to the detriment of society.  And yes, while it doesn't matter in a video game, it's a personal characteristic that society would be better off without.

Cool it on the youtube psychology. I don't assume someone is suffering. I add an intimate and competitive aspect to my games. I play this game maybe every other day.

I don't like griefing. I love raiding though. Not for the suffering, for the action and competition. You should not be suffering from playing a game. And I am not responsible for your mental health regarding games you play.

#23 2019-08-11 04:56:52

kubassa
Banned

OminousBladeBlank wrote:
Saolin wrote:

Cool it on the youtube psychology. I don't assume someone is suffering. I add an intimate and competitive aspect to my games. I play this game maybe every other day.

I don't like griefing. I love raiding though. Not for the suffering, for the action and competition. You should not be suffering from playing a game. And I am not responsible for your mental health regarding games you play.

You won't get through to this care bear that there are others that enjoy other aspects of the game. He want's everyone to be clones of his game play style.

I got huge ballz.

#24 2019-08-11 05:02:28

OminousBladeBlank

kubassa wrote:
OminousBladeBlank wrote:
Saolin wrote:

You won't get through to this care bear that there are others that enjoy other aspects of the game. He want's everyone to be clones of his game play style.

My man, at least I got some boy on my side.

#25 2019-08-11 05:04:11

Saolin

OminousBladeBlank wrote:
Saolin wrote:

You assume my knowledge of psychology is from youtube, lol.  And then you attempt to discredit me by attacking my mental health, LOL!  Based on your posts, I don't see you as a sadist or psychopath, but based on your response to me earlier in this thread, i wasn't going to let you discredit my opinion by suggesting I see a doctor.  I'm the person people come see when they need help!  And I want to help others.  And sometimes people struggle with maladaptive issues.  A lot of times a young person can grow out of these issues as they develop.  But an older person needs to actively work on these issues in order to surpass them!  I think most of the people referred to as 'griefers' are probably teenagers who still need time to develop.  But an agenda to ruin the work of others for no personal gain is somewhat alarming!  Even if it's just in a meaningless video game, what is the motivation for doing so?  Why not participate in the benefit of society and empowerment of others rather than be a drag on that?  I'm not saying someone has to be some kind of Ned Flanders all the time.  But I don't understand the motivation to ruin other's experience if it's not either ignorant or sadistic.

Board footer