a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-04-06 23:42:19

shoukanjuu

Re: What is the point of an Apocalypse?

Rebel wrote:
vilka wrote:
Rebel wrote:

and FYI I went from playing 4-5 hours a day down to 1 due to there being nothing to do, after the update i have been on so much more due to the resets. every life feels more like an achievement rather than the repetitive stuff we had before.

The Apocalypse caused you to have to start over but you could have done that any time you wanted if you were bored with repetitive stuff. Nothing was stopping you from venturing out to make a new town.

yeah playing on a world that has been destroyed by noobs picking all the milkweed killing all the rabbits and geese, the world was screwed even if you walked for half your life.

Exactly. That's why I stopped playing every evening because most of the time I couldn't manage to ESCAPE from all the dead settlements. Filled with the top end of the tech tree, but devoid of many of the basic necessary resources from the bottom. Like stockpiles of all the ingredients to make hundreds of pies, but not a single stone available to make the flour, because they'd all been turned into wells.

#27 2018-04-06 23:43:12

Shallotte

Rebel wrote:

yeah playing on a world that has been destroyed by noobs picking all the milkweed killing all the rabbits and geese, the world was screwed even if you walked for half your life.

That could have easily been fixed by implementing respawn times(like 1-3 or so real life days) for items/animals. That wasn't a player issue, it was fundamentally a game mechanic issue hmm IRL real animals can retake abandoned burrows, real plants can grow and rocks can emerge from under the earth or crack off of other bigger rocks. This game does not have that. Jason wasn't taking into account that people would kill things purposefully....... but making it so that the ecosystem doesn't self recover is a huge game flaw in an MMORPG in the first place.

Last edited by Shallotte (2018-04-06 23:50:50)

Professional 3D Animator

#28 2018-04-07 01:56:11

vilka

Rebel wrote:
vilka wrote:
Rebel wrote:

and FYI I went from playing 4-5 hours a day down to 1 due to there being nothing to do, after the update i have been on so much more due to the resets. every life feels more like an achievement rather than the repetitive stuff we had before.

The Apocalypse caused you to have to start over but you could have done that any time you wanted if you were bored with repetitive stuff. Nothing was stopping you from venturing out to make a new town.

That doesn't fly. The map is beyond huge, areas not visited revert after 24 hours, there are multiple servers. I played on server 12 for a few days last week with a number of people and  it was all start from scratch, so yeah the option was already there.

And isn't restarting over and over just the same as teching to the end over and over, in the sense that it's repetitive as well.

Board footer