One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-05-19 04:21:37

Spoonwood

Re: Update: Come Together

And what if the new meta that emerges from this update is that for long term survivability some meta-level player playing as a woman will see a real need to fly away and start a new town near a tutorial area?  Jason, tutorial towns started happening, and the tone about them seemed different than previously.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#27 2019-05-21 12:50:15

Spoonwood

arcticfox wrote:

The other day I was playing several lives, and was murdered in almost every life. Did not get to old age once, if I remember correctly. It was insane, never before have I witnessed this amount of murder in this game. And I didn't do anything to bring this upon myself, expect one life where foreigners attacked our town and I was defending it, then sure, I understand why I was killed by the foreigners.
Ways I got murdered that day (the ones I remember):
- Just born, arrow to the chest
- Minding my own business, foreigner killed me with sword (this happened more than one time)
- Got accused of something I did not do, got stabbed before I could explain it was not me (we all looked the same so maybe I looked like the one who actually did something wrong)
- Random griefer run past me and stabbed me for no reason (this too happened more than once if I remember correctly)
- Defending town, foreigner killed me with sword
(- One time I wasn't murdered but I was born to a mom who was running with a bloody knife, people chasing her. I starved)

And of course on top of this, I witnessed many many people murdered in towns. It felt like not only the foreign people with swords were blood thirsty that day, but also own family members were running with knives and bows more than before. I just wanted one good life where I would be productive and grow old, but it seemed impossible.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=6579

Danish Clinch.

#28 2019-06-05 14:05:00

Spoonwood

From what I've read from people on the forums, more murder came as a result.  Also, and I think more interestingly, instead of an Eve making a new camp and building a kiln and doing other things to build a civilization, an Eve would find a camp and they would more maintain that camp.  As an example, berry bushes get made once, and after that they are maintained.  So, a family starting out in a new spot does little but civilization building, while a family working on another spot involves itself in civilization maintainence to some degree.  This suggests that civilization building is lower in advanced camps than in earlier camps (though not necessarily, since there's possibly more to build).

I don't think that the griefer Eves were parenting.

It sounds like civliization building went down.

Parenting and civilization building are the fundamental game concepts, aren't they?

If so, then the old Eve spiral was more in line with how the game's fundamental concepts would happen on bs2.

Danish Clinch.

#29 2019-08-09 23:10:17

Spoonwood

I'm commenting here, because it might have gotten used to predict whether the rift notion would work.  Remember all the problems from the "Come Together"?  Like posts about people running out of resources everywhere (not only no iron, but no milkweed, no wild food, no anything useful)?  Massively increased griefing?  Griefer Eves?  The rift idea sounds like it has had similar results, but even worse.  Really, it all seems predictable that the rift notion would turn out bad, because of the bad consequences of this previous downgrade.

How bad?  I saw 30 people between 6:00 and 7:00 P. M. EST on a Friday night (August 9th) on bs2.  I see 40 people on bs2 right now at 7:07 P. M. EST.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2019-08-09 23:12:27)

Danish Clinch.

Board footer